Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Front wheel weight dinged front fender  (Read 20248 times)

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Front wheel weight dinged front fender
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »

Alright, I called the HD referance #, and spoke to a Cust. service person, she stated the bike had 1300 mile on it, when the dealer called it in, and they never received any photos, the dealer took photos when I showed it to them,,,, I was very agitated and informed her that I had the damage with less than 300 miles on the bike, it happened in the first week of owning it, I was back at the dealer at 1300 miles, then she stated they never received any photos, the dealer took photos but never forwarded, Sounds like I have :worthless: dealer issues, Killer Creek HD. Calling dealer today and will speak to Service Mgr. ANY SUGGESTIONS I NEED HELP????????  I'm getting little hot under the collar...
Ride it like ya Stole IT!

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »

your argument as stated sounds pretty compelling.   dealer didnt do what they said they were going to do.  that single fact makes it an issue that might have been resolved by moco but due to their inaction, now needs to be resolved at the dealer level to keep you as a customer.

just my 2 cents worth.

Dave
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 07:58:09 AM »

We'll I receievd a call from the dealer, that received approval to replace the fender under warrenty, I guess my mean voice on the phone to HD really scared them, Then received call from service mgr. apoligizing about the incident, He stated that sometimes the customer has to make the call to HD and push a little. All I know is I will still be a HD customer now... and still love my new RGCVO :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »

We'll I receievd a call from the dealer, that received approval to replace the fender under warrenty, I guess my mean voice on the phone to HD really scared them, Then received call from service mgr. apoligizing about the incident, He stated that sometimes the customer has to make the call to HD and push a little. All I know is I will still be a HD customer now... and still love my new RGCVO :bananarock: :mango: :orange: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber:
Glad to hear it worked out for you. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

zilla

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 10:36:31 PM »

sounds like the dealer was at fault all the way. I was a little nervous when I went in for mine they acted like it wasn't even a queston if it was warranty or not. in fact they ordered the fender before they even heard back from Harley. sure glad you got yours :mango:

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »

We'll I finally got them to replace the front fender, spoke to MOCO and the had no pics, and said the bike had 1200 miles on it , I told MOCO that I noticed it when the bike had less than 300 miles, and dealer took photos and then went on to explain that this is my third bike in 4 yrs . they said they would get back to me, I rec. a call from the dealer that they received permission to order fender, 6-8 weeks, well at least its getting replaced........... :pineapple: :pepper: :orange:

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 11:06:47 PM »

I lost my wheel weight dented fender and dealer put new fender on and rebalanced wheel.   jdo

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »

follow up with the 1-800 cust. service, and they should eventually roll over.....

johnnyboy

Heard the thump on the interstate. Pulled to the side of the road and sure enough the chrome weights fell off and dented my front fender
from the inside. Chipped the paint. Only 400 miles on my bike. Just sickens me and I'm sure I'm out of luck.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Heard the thump on the interstate. Pulled to the side of the road and sure enough the chrome weights fell off and dented my front fender
from the inside. Chipped the paint. Only 400 miles on my bike. Just sickens me and I'm sure I'm out of luck.
Moved/merged your thread with this existing one... Your mileage is similar to the OP and outcome was the same when weight flew off.  :( >:(

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

johnnyboy

To follow up, I went to the Dealer, Glendale Harley Davidson, the following Tuesday and explained what happened to the Service Manager.
They took pictures and forwarded the information to the MotoCo and in about an hour they told me that the MotoCo will replace the fender,
Albeit it will take 12-15 weeks to get the fender. I'm very happy with my dealer and their top rate service department. They NEVER made me
feel that I had to prove beyond a shadow of doubt what had happened, in fact the service manager noted to me that the MotoCo said this case
with the wheel weights is happening often.

OP, How long did it take to get your fender replaced?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

To follow up, I went to the Dealer, Glendale Harley Davidson, the following Tuesday and explained what happened to the Service Manager.
They took pictures and forwarded the information to the MotoCo and in about an hour they told me that the MotoCo will replace the fender,
Albeit it will take 12-15 weeks to get the fender. I'm very happy with my dealer and their top rate service department. They NEVER made me
feel that I had to prove beyond a shadow of doubt what had happened, in fact the service manager noted to me that the MotoCo said this case
with the wheel weights is happening often.

OP, How long did it take to get your fender replaced?
Glad it's working out for you. :2vrolijk_21:

Odd that this model and at similar mileage this is occurring. :confused5:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »

Anytime anyone has damage to their ride I am sympathetic. It sucks and sucks the most when the ride is brand new as the case here. I am very glad to hear of the outcome as well. Having said all that however I am amazed that it was covered. It just seems so impossible to prove that the only thing I can conclude is that H-D is experiencing a rash of complaints about wheel weights coming off the rims. It's the only plausible explanation I can think of. I mean I'm as hardass as they come when it's about the MoCo making good on a warranty claim but this one seems a real stretch. How on earth did you prove it wasn't a small stone that flew up an did the damage. YES, I know you stated the wheel weight was missing. The weight being missing and knowing it did the damage to your fender however seem to be a ways apart even though as I said I am on your side of this argument. Bottom line is this. Should the members of this forum buying new H-D's check their wheelweights to see if they're loose or missing ? We all know we WON'T be getting a service advisory from H-D even if this is happening on 20% of their new bikes.

B B

johnnyboy

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »

I was shocked too that it went so smoothly, even the service manager was surprised but after a long talk to the moto company they said there are problems with the chrome CVO wheel weights. How many, don't know but the service manager said yes, this is happening. I asked about re-balancing and he said the moto company will send different chrome weights that will be affixed differently, whatever that means. As far as my "proof", well I took the bike in right in after it happened. The small dent and paint chip was from the inside/out, about 1/8th of an inch, and the tape used for the chrome weights was still on the wheel. I only had the bike for 9 days and it happened on the 2nd day of riding it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:32:24 PM by johnnyboy »

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

I was shocked too that it went so smoothly, even the service manager was surprised but after a long talk to the moto company they said there are problems with the chrome CVO wheel weights. How many, don't know but the service manager said yes, this is happening. I asked about re-balancing and he said the moto company will send different chrome weights that will be affixed differently, whatever that means. As far as my "proof", well I took the bike in right in after it happened. The small dent and paint chip was from the inside/out, about 1/8th of an inch, and the tape used for the chrome weights was still on the wheel. I only had the bike for 9 days and it happened on the 2nd day of riding it.

I believe hd_dude (Jim) advocates the use of superglue when affixing wheel weights. Since they come off so easily, those of you worried about this can buy some SG, pry off the weights and glue them back on   :nixweiss:

B B
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.