Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Front End DECELL wobble!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14826 times)

AZMike

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Rio Red
Re: Front End DECELL wobble!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »

Check out this story from the local Phoenix station....and this was a Road King.

http://www.kpho.com/news/27917754/detail.html?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dd29f707504d6ea%2C0

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »

That is a really sad story and that they can't fix that wobble after all this time I really thing that road glides are more prone to this than bat wing fairing bikes. I would just like to see this headache go away soon   I did experience that "wobble" and it is no fun at all.   I won't have a RG for that reason.  I >:(

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »

I have to wonder why people aren't turning to steering dampeners to address this issue.  They're a common item on other brands of motorcycle. 

After riding my '08 SEUC for three years, and then riding my new FLTRUSE, I can feel the 'tendency' for the decell wobble.  It doesn't actually do it, but it sure feels like it wants to.  I think the difference is the weight of the batwing on the forks has more of a dampening effect.

I've seen a couple of sources for steering dampeners for Road Glides, but they don't reccomend them for lowered bikes because of fender clearance issues.  I'd like to see one in person before seriously considering going that route.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »

I have to wonder why people aren't turning to steering dampeners to address this issue.  They're a common item on other brands of motorcycle. 

After riding my '08 SEUC for three years, and then riding my new FLTRUSE, I can feel the 'tendency' for the decell wobble.  It doesn't actually do it, but it sure feels like it wants to.  I think the difference is the weight of the batwing on the forks has more of a dampening effect.

I've seen a couple of sources for steering dampeners for Road Glides, but they don't reccomend them for lowered bikes because of fender clearance issues.  I'd like to see one in person before seriously considering going that route.

Have you had your front wheel bearing checked? I had mine replaced at 4k miles because the mechanic said it did not feel right. All the wobble and instability went away for good after that on my 09 SG.

jb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.