Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Frosted Ivory / Vintage Gold at Rossmeyer's Daytona  (Read 5705 times)

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
Re: Frosted Ivory / Vintage Gold at Rossmeyer's Daytona
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »

They're not out of line with their prices if someone is willing to pay that amount.  If nobody bought their bikes they'd probably see the light eventually, (have to pay for all those Destination Daytona Buildings), they would bring their prices down.  But I firmly believe that Bruce (RIP) subscribed to the PT Barnum school of business: "There's a sucker born every minute".  As long as there are people that have more money then common sense, Rossmeyer will continue to charge those prices for their bikes.

:devil:

I have had the sales people there tell me many times , that they pay that for the bike from other dealers. I never believed that until i had several of the dealers i stopped in at tell me that Rossmeyers had bought thier bikes for 4-5k over msrp. Had them try to by the one my father in law had a deposit on for 5k over. The dealer offered my father in law 2k to let them sell it to rossmeyers. So it would appear that the actually do have that much in the bike. Unfortunately people keep buying them and dealers keep selling them thiers........

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:42 AM »

I guess that is one way to get those high dollar motorcycles on the show room floor. Eveything they have for sale is marked up.They have to pay for that mega store.
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

admccrea

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 07:56:14 AM »

Mikes HD in Delaware is loves to makup thier bikes too, i dont understandy why people are willing to pay over MSRP...

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 04:02:39 PM »

Guys, enjoy the store and eat some pull pork at the bar-b-q place and then RIDE OUT OF THERE!!!!!!

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »

You got that right!
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »

I would rather have a captain n coke at saints n sinners instead...... :drink:

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »

I agree 100%, regular folks just want to fulfill their dream after working so hard to a point that they can buy their dream bike and sometimes, they are so exited on getting a HD and fit in with their friends, that the dealer take advantage of their wants. People are getting tired of been treated like that and is hurting the image of HD. There is a lot of choices out there and now we can see the drift of the market away from HD for that reason. I hope HD dealers concentrate on customer satisfaction and fair market prices.  My 2 cents :)

I believe you have wrong.  These marked up bikes are sold to the rich wannabe weekend bikers who've flown there on a whim in their private jet and now want to impress their bimbo and wannabe buddies.  Who knows what happens to the bike when they sober up and leave....

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »

I believe you have wrong.  These marked up bikes are sold to the rich wannabe weekend bikers who've flown there on a whim in their private jet and now want to impress their bimbo and wannabe buddies.  Who knows what happens to the bike when they sober up and leave....

Let me see the check list:

Rich           nope
wannabe    perhaps
Jet             Naahh
wK bikers : Check

Ok , I'm not one of those uff, thank God.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.