Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fingers crossed  (Read 1835 times)

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
Fingers crossed
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »

Have been salivating over the RUSE's since their release. Test rode one back in the fall, after stopping by one local dealer while the Misses and I were enjoying a nice day riding. My wife had a bigger grin than I after we got the rio red out in the sun, before test riding. All was good, until the "vulture" salesman informed us, we charge a premium. And that slammed the door shut for me. I continued looking, after all, we weren't in a hurry. Two weeks ago saw a "used" RUSE on ebay, actually saw 2, so I called the listing dealer to get the scoop. They were "helping" sell the bike for a customer, with a price of $38.5k for a used RUSE with 1200 mi, i laughed. They had another, which was new, and would sell at msrp, and fairly decent allowance on trade. Deal was pretty good. My local dealer, not the same one, knew I was considering a RUSE, so after talking off and on for a month or so. I mentioned the other deal, well, he crunched the numbers the last couple of days, after I sent a detailed email of what it would take to seal the deal. He stepped up to the plate, and crushed one out of the park  ;D (or so I think). So, he found one coming to a "sister" dealership in a few weeks. So, fingers crossed till then...
Al

RJW

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE5d #506
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:15:04 PM »

Sounds like, you did your homework. Hope it all works out great for you.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »

Have been salivating over the RUSE's since their release. Test rode one back in the fall, after stopping by one local dealer while the Misses and I were enjoying a nice day riding. My wife had a bigger grin than I after we got the rio red out in the sun, before test riding. All was good, until the "vulture" salesman informed us, we charge a premium. And that slammed the door shut for me. I continued looking, after all, we weren't in a hurry. Two weeks ago saw a "used" RUSE on ebay, actually saw 2, so I called the listing dealer to get the scoop. They were "helping" sell the bike for a customer, with a price of $38.5k for a used RUSE with 1200 mi, i laughed. They had another, which was new, and would sell at msrp, and fairly decent allowance on trade. Deal was pretty good. My local dealer, not the same one, knew I was considering a RUSE, so after talking off and on for a month or so. I mentioned the other deal, well, he crunched the numbers the last couple of days, after I sent a detailed email of what it would take to seal the deal. He stepped up to the plate, and crushed one out of the park  ;D (or so I think). So, he found one coming to a "sister" dealership in a few weeks. So, fingers crossed till then...

Trimster, Larry at Dream Machines http://www.dreammachinesoftexas.com/vehicle/3060758/2011-Harley-Davidson-SE-Road-Glide-Ultra-FLTRUSE-Farmers-Branch-Texas-75234 has one, and will sell it at MSRP. I talked to him on Monday.  I have done a lot of business with Larry, (10 bikes0 and have always been treated right. Don't work for him and don't have a dog in the fight.. 
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »

Good luck, I hope you get it!!!!!!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »

Did you get your scooter yet?  :huepfenjump3: Is your local dealer Bumpus or Southern thunder? Figured Southern Thunder would be asking for premium charge so probably getting from Bumpus...Collierville? :)

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »

Did you get your scooter yet?  :huepfenjump3: Is your local dealer Bumpus or Southern thunder? Figured Southern Thunder would be asking for premium charge so probably getting from Bumpus...Collierville? :)

Deposit has been made, Bumpus-Memphis in fact. You are correct JR, Southern Thunder (another FB Rossmeyer dealer) wanted a premium above MSRP. If I recall correctly, it was 4k, as I left skid marks on their dealership floor when I left.  ;D
Al

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

Good luck Trimster!  Bumpus-Memphis has got some good folks and they've always been fair with me.  I've got a deposit on one of the mid-year release CVO Ultra Classics.  I'm looking forward to seeing one in person.  A friend of mine has the red CVO RG and it's a great looking bike.

I guess that only local folks would know that OB is Olive Branch and not Out-of-Bounds!

Tazman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSEU Frosted Ivory and Vintage Gold
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »

You will love the bike when you get it.

2011 FLTRUSE Frosted Ivory / Vintage Gold
2006 Buell Ulysses
2002 FXSTDI Deuce
1999 KTM 640 LC4

Page created in 5.05 seconds with 21 queries.