Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: madstad windshield  (Read 17562 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: madstad windshield
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »

received new shield installed , riding at 80 miles per hour like seating at home 
looks it takes some time getting use to we will report back on it
quality is number 1  Mark and staff great to work with

Does the small shield affect you XM reception. Also have a 665 Garmin with the hockey puck on the top of the CB module. Just curious, Looks like it would screw with the XM reception because it's aluminum, maybe not
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

cvogeorge

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »

I just picked one up and was wondering if any of you had whistling from the brackets and if so what you did about it. I am still tweaking the position but for the best ride but I get whistling at about 60MPH+ in every position so far.  :(

And my XM is sporadic now and I'm pretty sure it is caused by the metal base. Is there a way to move the satellite antenna to a different location within the faring?

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

I just picked one up and was wondering if any of you had whistling from the brackets and if so what you did about it. I am still tweaking the position but for the best ride but I get whistling at about 60MPH+ in every position so far.  :(

And my XM is sporadic now and I'm pretty sure it is caused by the metal base. Is there a way to move the satellite antenna to a different location within the faring?

had the same problem no longer own it
tryed tweaking
no good
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »

Would be like getting use to hitting my thumb with a hammer........but I'm glad you like it.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »

If you are talking about the stock XM antenna yes you can buy a different AM antenna . Bought in on Amazon for 29.00 an it looks like a stick that you could mount in a different location. Of you have the Garmin hockey puck, that could be a problem. That was one of teh reasons i didn't buy that shield, I have a 665 with the GXM-40 antenna on top of  the CB Module   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

cvogeorge

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

I haven't been in the faring yet so I have no idea what kind of antenna I have. The XM worked like a champ before I put the windshield on.

On the bright side I got it to stop whistling. I took the rubber gasket off the stock windshield and used it on the metal base. I think the Madstad is quieter and you get less wind for both the driver and the BSR but the XM problem is a pain. I guess I'll try to get the courage up and take the faring off to see what I can do.

05SEEGer2

• Full CVO Member
  • US Army (Ret) 1984-2005

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl/Stingray Silver
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »

Sorry, not impressed. Kinda reminds me of the things that ricers put on their cars. But, to each his own.
Yes, it has a Hemi in it.

Proud Member of the Colorado Patriot Guard.

MNTransplant

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF Veteran (12 Years), originally from Kansas

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »

I LIKE IT!!! But then I like the Honda Rune as well, I like to be different than the crowd and if I owned a Road Glide I would definitely look into it as I don't like the "Gold Wing" look of the other options either. I watched the video of the guy who used one going to Alaska, I thought it was www.alaskacade.com but that must be wrong, It was linked on a different thread on this forum.
MNTransplant

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »

Ha ha...almost a whole day and no comments? 

Come on, give your impressions!  Bad as well as...well...whetever :nixweiss:

BTW, I'm still trying to find the adjustment where it deflects enough air while still maintaining a fairly low profile. 

OK, I'm not sure why you would sacrifice the look of such a beautiful bike with that windshield  :nixweiss: I would have to believe it has to be somewhat noisy with the wind passing between the two panes?  IMO, I spend a lot of money on chrome and other crap to make the bike both practical and great looking.  I would explore windshield options (I use HD 12" windsplitter for my CUSE and it works great) and maybe even have two on hand for long trips?

It's a cool idea, BMW has been doing it for years, but BMW is a gimmicky more practical than wow good looking, but if your happy, thats all that matters, but you asked  :nixweiss:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »

I LIKE IT!!! But then I like the Honda Rune as well, I like to be different than the crowd and if I owned a Road Glide I would definitely look into it as I don't like the "Gold Wing" look of the other options either. I watched the video of the guy who used one going to Alaska, I thought it was www.alaskacade.com but that must be wrong, It was linked on a different thread on this forum.

it's www.alaskapade.com

Have you guys ridden in the rain yet? Reports are no rain on you or arms with this shield.
For me ugly and functional is ok. Pretty and not functional no F'N way!!!!!  FACE
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:20:18 PM by faceracer »
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »

it's www.alaskapade.com

Have you guys ridden in the rain yet? Reports are no rain on you or arms with this shield.
For me ugly and functional is ok. Pretty and not functional no F'N way!!!!!  FACE

Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.   :P  If ya want it get it, and forget about what anyone else thinks.  Besides how it looks isn't important right?

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:39 AM »

Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.   :P  If ya want it get it, and forget about what anyone else thinks.  Besides how it looks isn't important right?
:devil:

Correct! I really like the look of no winshield but need one for functionallity. If you asked me 5 years ago about road glides I would have told you they are ugly! I choose function over beauty and I hit a home run. Best riding Harley I ever had hands down. Now the fairing has grown on me. I mean really I never saw myself on a touring bike. I like a stripped down hot rod but that's for a younger man to road trip on! For me these days that would be a bar hopper.  I want to travel so here I am. I may be different from many here because I do things to my bike for me. I never have cared what anyone thinks about my bike. I used to have people all the time telling me I should enter my fxr in this show or that and my reply for over 25 years has always been WHY? I just don't care what anyone else thinks of my bike as long as I like it. JM2C  FACE
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 09:30:17 AM »

Correct! I really like the look of no winshield but need one for functionallity. If you asked me 5 years ago about road glides I would have told you they are ugly! I choose function over beauty and I hit a home run. Best riding Harley I ever had hands down. Now the fairing has grown on me. I mean really I never saw myself on a touring bike. I like a stripped down hot rod but that's for a younger man to road trip on! For me these days that would be a bar hopper.  I want to travel so here I am. I may be different from many here because I do things to my bike for me. I never have cared what anyone thinks about my bike. I used to have people all the time telling me I should enter my fxr in this show or that and my reply for over 25 years has always been WHY? I just don't care what anyone else thinks of my bike as long as I like it. JM2C  FACE

I think most of these reply are simply answering BEEMERS question asking for an honest opinion which I have found can be very dangerous or rewarding.  No one would argue the practicality of a windshield that adjusts to the type of riding or instantly protect you from weather.  I think its a great concept as probalby everyone on the site.  BUT that wasn't the question.  I think the 2009 CVO Road Glide put the Road Glide on the map and many people like you have discovered that it's the best road bike HD makes.  That's why they came out with the Ultra.  I had a RG in 2007, went to a CVO Ultra in 2010, back to a CVORGU today.  Maybe if I was doing a long trip, and I had money to burn, I would buy that windshield for the trip, but as soon as I got home it would come off becasue it's butt ugly! Just an opinion, which was asked for by BEEMER.  I'm not big on full face helmuts either, but a lot of members choose to ride with those.  This being said, to each his/her own.  Enjoy your bike cuz its yours and build it the way you want :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:32:54 PM by Rio »
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »

Agreed  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.