Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: My seat is ripping at the seam.  (Read 13581 times)

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
My seat is ripping at the seam.
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »

my seat is ripping at the seam, the Diller said HD told them I need to  BUY a new one and send the old one to them so the can determine if it's under warranty or not. if it's warranty they would reimburse me the money. Otherwise I have to pay for the seat. I told them why would I buy a new one. If this is going to happen after four months. :'( what do you guys think. here is a picture of it.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: My seat is ripping at the seam.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »

Clearly a Warranty issue. Tell yourDealer to belly up and buy it for you on his dime!

:bananarock:  :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »

my seat is ripping at the seam, the Diller said HD told them I need to  BUY a new one and send the old one to them so the can determine if it's under warranty or not. if it's warranty they would reimburse me the money. Otherwise I have to pay for the seat. I told them why would I buy a new one. If this is going to happen after four months. :'( what do you guys think. here is a picture of it.

That's Bullchit...obviously, it is coming apart at the seam, which is a manufacturing defect.  If your dealer won't take care of you, I'd call HD Customer Service and register a warranty claim.  Send them the photo you posted here...an idiot can tell that is a manufacturing problem and nothing you could have possibly done.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »

mine is doing the same thing....guess I'd better take ti down there...I'll send 'em the damn seat...then I can put some miles on my new 'blade...
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Matt k

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:25:42 PM »

common issue. My dealer brought it to my attention before I noticed it.  Replaced with no questions.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »

To put it bluntly, I believe your dealer is lying through his teeth.  As sorry as H-D is in terms of customer service, I've never heard of them telling someone to buy a part and send the defective one to them to determine if it's warrantable or not.  BS!

Tell the jackass who told you that to call his Harley rep while you're standing there and get a decision to replace it immediately, or make an appointment for you to meet with the rep at the dealership.  Call H-D customer service and get it all documented as well.  And if you've got any sense, find another dealership for any future business dealings.  I wouldn't even buy a T-shirt from such a crook.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »

same on mine brought back to dealer with 9000 miles they order me a new one under warranty no problem Cox's in Rock hilll SC
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

gmills

• Full CVO Member
  • from the new jersey shore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:08:53 AM »

had 2 of them replaced already with no questions asked, and I know of a few others that had the same problem all they have to do is have the dealer take a digital and send it to the factory rep. I they give you a hard time your dealer sucks
moose aka glenn at the New Jersey Shore

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »

Had my Ultra seat also replace. No problem. Warranty.
Bill

Muley

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE Red
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 Black
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »

Had the same issue with mine. Replaced under warranty no problem. The service manager said if it's in the seam they can replace without approval other wise you're SOL. Harley Shop of Wytheville, VA, good folks.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »

That's BS.  They're lying to you...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 02:55:38 AM »

Mine was replaced @ 3000 miles. Don't let them BS you!  The MOCO will replace it!
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Fattbaggernknox

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »

Mine was ordered at delivery because you could see the stitching was letting go. Smoky Mtn HD called me three days later & replaced under warranty.Sounds like your dealer is blowing smoke up your backside imho! :(
2011 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp, Rb Racing black hole spyder 2-1, Aim-vpc92,SE 58MM TB, HPI 5.3 inj. Tuned by Strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae 115.42/121.85 std

mark

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »

x 2 on "that sounds like crap."  If your crankshaft broke, would you have to buy another one while the dealer sends  original back to HD.  I can't believe some of the dealer excuses I read on this site.  Tell them if you've got to buy another seat, it won't be from HD...too many good aftermarket seats out there to spend money on a seat that falls apart at the stitching.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »

This thread displays one of the many benefits of this site. Great support and additional corroboration on common issues with great advice on how to get results. Love this place!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.