Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: I-pod Problem?  (Read 14056 times)

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
  • Ride Hard Or Stay Home!
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTS
I-pod Problem?
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:57:49 PM »

I am having problems when playing the I-pod on my 2011 FLTRUSE.  While riding, the I-pod will just completely cut out.  My dealer first changed the radio.   That didn't help!  Today, they changed the module that lets the radio know which electronic signal to play, i.e. FM, AM, WB, or I-pod.  Worked great at the dealership!  In the first 10 miles after leaving the dealership, the radio stopped playing the I-pod numerous times.  My dealer is going to contact H-D techinal support this week to see if the MoCo has had this problem with other touring bikes.  I have tried multiple I-pods with the same results.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?  If so, what was the solution?  Your help will certainly be appreciated!
Remember, you have to care where you are to be lost.  Enjoy the ride!

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
Re: I-pod Problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:51:13 PM »

Have them check the cable as well as the docking hardware to the iPod.  Mine was doing something similar and the docking hardware was broken. I have no idea how that happened as I never disconnect the iPod.

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »

Thanks Winhawk.  I appreciate your feedback!

roadrydr

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE (Charcoal Slate and Black Twilight)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »

Check the connection that unplugs when you remove the right side saddlebag. I Had the same problem. intermittent on/off Ipod operation. The wire on the bike side of the connection split had a short. It would work alright for awhile then all of a sudden stop working until that wire was "wiggled" and ipod would resume working. Dealer has yet to repair it as the problem was identified just before going into storage.
"If I only knew THEN what I know NOW ..."

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »

Count me in. Mine started cutting out soon after I got the bike. Strange that it played normally when I was parked. I have the dealer checking the ipod connector, as the housing was loose.

rlede84178

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

Me as well, it seems to work sitting at the dealership, but a mile down the road I get the message "iPod Not Respond". The quick disconnect may be the culprit, wiggle it and the system goes to the error message. Wiggle it again and the system seems to work until the bike vibrates, then off it goes again. Going in this Friday for service, we'll see what the dealership can come up with.

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »

I get the message "iPod Not Respond".
That is what mine did and they replaced the part that connects directly to the iPod. It took care of the problem. 

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 10:34:05 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your help!  There is definitely a common response here which I have passed on to my dealership.  I will let you know if they solve the problem.  Going on a long road trip this weekend so I will have plenty of time to make sure it works!  I believe you have provided the solution to my problem.  Thanks again for your input!

The knee

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »

Do you check your iPod mode ? They have a mode that if you shake it it change song alone......

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »

Yes, I'm familiar with shake mode to change songs.  That isn't the problem but thanks for your input.  I picked up my bike from the dealership late today thinking the problem was solved.  It worked until I left the parking lot.  As soon as I hit the street, it stated cutting out again.  My dealership is determined to solve the problem but it is still a work in progress.  Next step is to contact the MoCo's technical services department again tomorrow.  After that it's on to the district H-D rep.  It has become a challenge now! 

jbd6703

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

I had the same issues and they replaced out the entire ipod interface connect cable and it fixed the issue.

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »

a year and a half later and mine has started with the problem of not starting after parking for a bit have to disconnect ipod and reconnect then works good for a few weeks  same problrm I had when bike was new
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »

Took my saddlebag off yesterday and now it says ipod not found... it briefly plays from the ipod but looks like I have a similar problem with a wire in the connector like some of you.....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Rock N Roll

• Full CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »

Since making my initial post on this issue, we have continued testing and trying different things we thought could be the problem.  My dealership, Harley-Davidson Baton Rouge, is determined to solve the problem.  They recently contacted Techical Services at the MoCo.  We have determined at least part of the problem is related to the audio output of the GPS.  I typically keep the sound turned off on my GPS.  I like to just read directions and not have the GPS interrupt my music.  However, we have confirmed the iPod cuts off every time the GPS would be giving audio directions if the GPS was set to provide voice directions.  To solve the problem, according to the MoCo, there is a module behind the fairing that cuts the audio from the iPod off when the GPS gives audio directions.  Tomorrow, we are going to install a new module.  I will post to let everyone know if this works.  Planning a long ride on Sunday so I'll have plenty of time to check it out!  Ride safe!

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 08:05:21 AM »

mine as well has stopped working  but if i turn i pod on mannual it will play thru the speakers but have no control of it  thru the radio
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.