Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.  (Read 22227 times)

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra 110 Screaming Eagle
ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »

Many of you non-Rolex riders might have noticed that the stitching rips at the seam..

Well this its my third seat since I bought my newest bike 11 months ago...

..Harley finally got it right..they changed the design a little.. .I guess they finally decided they lost enough warranty money..at $ 1, 200 a pop...

Go get your seat replaced!

Here is the new design/stitching from Harley.

My Old Scoots:
1996 Heritage Softail Classic - 2006 Road King Classic

My newest Scoot: 2011 Road Glide Ultra S.E 110 CVO

My other vehicle:
2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY, HIGHLY modified.

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
Re: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of where the seams are failing?  I have not had an issue with my seat yet, but want to make sure I keep a close watch.
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »

My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

Non-Rolex riders?  Not sure how to take that, but I'm not going to waste too much time trying to figure it out, or tempt lower myself to that level.  Hopefully you get some useful information from this site and the "Rolex RIders".

Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »

I believe the new part number is 54112-11A.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »

Non-Rolex riders?  Not sure how to take that, but I'm not going to waste too much time trying to figure it out, or tempt lower myself to that level.  Hopefully you get some useful information from this site and the "Rolex RIders".

It's not "lowering yourself" to learn...you spent more time typing your response, than trying to find out the definition of "Rolex rider."

There are many slang terms used by real bikers....and essentially they all mean the same thing....Rolex rider, Rub, Weekend Warrior.

Rolex Rider:
That’s the guy who drags a highly tricked-out motorcycle for 40 mile road trips, only on Saturday and Sunday(also known as The Weekend Warrior). He’s the guy with the leather chaps, and of course, the black leather jacket, not to mention the mirrored aviator sunglasses. The outfit is of note because, like the bike, it usually looks very brand new and hardly used. This kind of rider spends more time waxing than he does riding.

....and the quick definition of a Rolex rider/Rub/Weekend Warrior....

...."$40,000 and 40 miles don't make you a biker" .

So...when i said "non Rolex riders"...I was implying that the riders that put enough miles on their bike to notice wear to the seat.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:45:56 AM by TANKS 250 »
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »

It's not "lowering yourself" to learn...you spent more time typing your response, than trying to find out the definition of "Rolex rider."

There are many slang terms used by real bikers....and essentially they all mean the same thing....Rolex rider, Rub, Weekend Warrior.

Rolex Rider:
That’s the guy who drags a highly tricked-out motorcycle for 40 mile road trips, only on Saturday and Sunday(also known as The Weekend Warrior). He’s the guy with the leather chaps, and of course, the black leather jacket, not to mention the mirrored aviator sunglasses. The outfit is of note because, like the bike, it usually looks very brand new and hardly used. This kind of rider spends more time waxing than he does riding.

....and the quick definition of a Rolex rider/Rub/Weekend Warrior....

...."$40,000 and 40 miles don't make you a biker" .

So...when i said "non Rolex riders"...I was implying that the riders that put enough miles on their bike to notice wear to the seat.

Enough said, I understand the meaning of Rolex riders.  Whatever someone chooses to do is their choice and since this is a blog, we all have the ability to say and write what we want.  Personally, I don't like labeling anyone!  The guy that rides 40 miles a year, if thats all he has time for and thats what he enjoys, so be it?  I ride only 8,000 miles a year, I have a family and a 6 day a week job, not sure what that makes me.  Others are retired and they ride 25,000 a year, that doesn't make them a biker, that makes them someone that enjoys riding.  We can debate this until were blue in the face. I have an older brother, when i say older, thats 5 years older than me and he's 57.  He belongs to a patch club and in the club theres a combination of bikers, guys that ride all year round, even in 30-40 degree weather, hang out at their club house, go to work and live for the club, Rolex riders, professionals that escape to a completely different enviroment, then my brother thats a vet, a truck driver, and a member that probably rides as many miles as me, the difference is that he rides from bar to bar and I get on my bike and ride to escape the bullchit of reality.  He calls me a suit because i ride a $40,000 bike, whatever, I think its all comical.  No offense taken, it's conversation.  Personally, I just hate being labeled.  I ride because i enjoy riding, its my escape from my miserable 6 days a week reality.  I ride a HD because of the culture surrounding the brand.  I think very few of us are real bikers by the definition.  I think the majority of the members here are people that like to ride Harley Davidsons, and the only difference that separate the amount of miles per year is time & money! 

Enjoy!

Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »

I'll agree to most of your reply...not everyone can ride when they want.

I have been called a Rolex rider in the past just because of my bikes.....though I ride a $ 40, 000 scoot, am in a club, have a 5 day a week 12 hour a day job, clock about 17, 000 miles a year, and I am still riding even though it has been 26° so far this winter, and I'll continue until there is ice.
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »

I am a rolex rider, but I leave my rolex at home when I get the bike out just in case I have a wreck, don want to screw up the watch also. However my seat is ripping at the seam I have taken it twice to the dealer they take pictures and send them back to MoCo. So far no results . I think I am gonna sue their asses with my rolex attorney

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »

I am a rolex rider, but I leave my rolex at home when I get the bike out just in case I have a wreck, don want to screw up the watch also. However my seat is ripping at the seam I have taken it twice to the dealer they take pictures and send them back to MoCo. So far no results . I think I am gonna sue their asses with my rolex attorney

LOL...yeah...they are good watches.

I would sue someone....I've had to replace mine 3 times....all under warranty, but still a pain.

....hopefully this new design fixes the issue....if not...it's well documented for replacement after the warranty ends.
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  I laughed.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »

Darth...they may take your :'( Rolex and your wallet and leave you on the street?  At least in Detroit they would!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »

If I'm not mistaken...Darth carries...so that wouldn't be an issue.... :2vrolijk_21:
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »

Darth...don't put up with that BS.  This is a well documented issue here on this site.  Most have gotten their seats replaced with no issue, but some have had to jump through some dealer hoops.  But in most cases they were dealer hoops and not the mothership.  If you can't get the dealer to replace the seat, call HD customer service yourself and jump up and down a little bit, in a nice way...at first.  Or insist that the dealer call the MOCO while you are standing there listening.  You can probably find a few threads here that you could cut and paste into a Word Doc if necessary.

Mine is not showing any signs of tearing yet, but I've only got about 5K on the bike so far.  Too many things got in the way this year, and the payments on my Rolex ate up all my gas money... :huepfenlol2:

My 15 year old Swiss Army watch keeps perfect time, and only cost me $125

Rolex watches are very nice...I would not turn one down if someone wanted to give me one... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »

If I'm not mistaken...Darth carries...so that wouldn't be an issue.... :2vrolijk_21:

Armed and ready Sir!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.