Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.  (Read 22228 times)

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra 110 Screaming Eagle
ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »

Many of you non-Rolex riders might have noticed that the stitching rips at the seam..

Well this its my third seat since I bought my newest bike 11 months ago...

..Harley finally got it right..they changed the design a little.. .I guess they finally decided they lost enough warranty money..at $ 1, 200 a pop...

Go get your seat replaced!

Here is the new design/stitching from Harley.

My Old Scoots:
1996 Heritage Softail Classic - 2006 Road King Classic

My newest Scoot: 2011 Road Glide Ultra S.E 110 CVO

My other vehicle:
2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY, HIGHLY modified.

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
Re: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of where the seams are failing?  I have not had an issue with my seat yet, but want to make sure I keep a close watch.
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »

My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

Non-Rolex riders?  Not sure how to take that, but I'm not going to waste too much time trying to figure it out, or tempt lower myself to that level.  Hopefully you get some useful information from this site and the "Rolex RIders".

Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »

I believe the new part number is 54112-11A.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »

Non-Rolex riders?  Not sure how to take that, but I'm not going to waste too much time trying to figure it out, or tempt lower myself to that level.  Hopefully you get some useful information from this site and the "Rolex RIders".

It's not "lowering yourself" to learn...you spent more time typing your response, than trying to find out the definition of "Rolex rider."

There are many slang terms used by real bikers....and essentially they all mean the same thing....Rolex rider, Rub, Weekend Warrior.

Rolex Rider:
That’s the guy who drags a highly tricked-out motorcycle for 40 mile road trips, only on Saturday and Sunday(also known as The Weekend Warrior). He’s the guy with the leather chaps, and of course, the black leather jacket, not to mention the mirrored aviator sunglasses. The outfit is of note because, like the bike, it usually looks very brand new and hardly used. This kind of rider spends more time waxing than he does riding.

....and the quick definition of a Rolex rider/Rub/Weekend Warrior....

...."$40,000 and 40 miles don't make you a biker" .

So...when i said "non Rolex riders"...I was implying that the riders that put enough miles on their bike to notice wear to the seat.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:45:56 AM by TANKS 250 »
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »

It's not "lowering yourself" to learn...you spent more time typing your response, than trying to find out the definition of "Rolex rider."

There are many slang terms used by real bikers....and essentially they all mean the same thing....Rolex rider, Rub, Weekend Warrior.

Rolex Rider:
That’s the guy who drags a highly tricked-out motorcycle for 40 mile road trips, only on Saturday and Sunday(also known as The Weekend Warrior). He’s the guy with the leather chaps, and of course, the black leather jacket, not to mention the mirrored aviator sunglasses. The outfit is of note because, like the bike, it usually looks very brand new and hardly used. This kind of rider spends more time waxing than he does riding.

....and the quick definition of a Rolex rider/Rub/Weekend Warrior....

...."$40,000 and 40 miles don't make you a biker" .

So...when i said "non Rolex riders"...I was implying that the riders that put enough miles on their bike to notice wear to the seat.

Enough said, I understand the meaning of Rolex riders.  Whatever someone chooses to do is their choice and since this is a blog, we all have the ability to say and write what we want.  Personally, I don't like labeling anyone!  The guy that rides 40 miles a year, if thats all he has time for and thats what he enjoys, so be it?  I ride only 8,000 miles a year, I have a family and a 6 day a week job, not sure what that makes me.  Others are retired and they ride 25,000 a year, that doesn't make them a biker, that makes them someone that enjoys riding.  We can debate this until were blue in the face. I have an older brother, when i say older, thats 5 years older than me and he's 57.  He belongs to a patch club and in the club theres a combination of bikers, guys that ride all year round, even in 30-40 degree weather, hang out at their club house, go to work and live for the club, Rolex riders, professionals that escape to a completely different enviroment, then my brother thats a vet, a truck driver, and a member that probably rides as many miles as me, the difference is that he rides from bar to bar and I get on my bike and ride to escape the bullchit of reality.  He calls me a suit because i ride a $40,000 bike, whatever, I think its all comical.  No offense taken, it's conversation.  Personally, I just hate being labeled.  I ride because i enjoy riding, its my escape from my miserable 6 days a week reality.  I ride a HD because of the culture surrounding the brand.  I think very few of us are real bikers by the definition.  I think the majority of the members here are people that like to ride Harley Davidsons, and the only difference that separate the amount of miles per year is time & money! 

Enjoy!

Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »

I'll agree to most of your reply...not everyone can ride when they want.

I have been called a Rolex rider in the past just because of my bikes.....though I ride a $ 40, 000 scoot, am in a club, have a 5 day a week 12 hour a day job, clock about 17, 000 miles a year, and I am still riding even though it has been 26° so far this winter, and I'll continue until there is ice.
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »

I am a rolex rider, but I leave my rolex at home when I get the bike out just in case I have a wreck, don want to screw up the watch also. However my seat is ripping at the seam I have taken it twice to the dealer they take pictures and send them back to MoCo. So far no results . I think I am gonna sue their asses with my rolex attorney

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »

I am a rolex rider, but I leave my rolex at home when I get the bike out just in case I have a wreck, don want to screw up the watch also. However my seat is ripping at the seam I have taken it twice to the dealer they take pictures and send them back to MoCo. So far no results . I think I am gonna sue their asses with my rolex attorney

LOL...yeah...they are good watches.

I would sue someone....I've had to replace mine 3 times....all under warranty, but still a pain.

....hopefully this new design fixes the issue....if not...it's well documented for replacement after the warranty ends.
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  I laughed.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »

Darth...they may take your :'( Rolex and your wallet and leave you on the street?  At least in Detroit they would!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »

If I'm not mistaken...Darth carries...so that wouldn't be an issue.... :2vrolijk_21:
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »

Darth...don't put up with that BS.  This is a well documented issue here on this site.  Most have gotten their seats replaced with no issue, but some have had to jump through some dealer hoops.  But in most cases they were dealer hoops and not the mothership.  If you can't get the dealer to replace the seat, call HD customer service yourself and jump up and down a little bit, in a nice way...at first.  Or insist that the dealer call the MOCO while you are standing there listening.  You can probably find a few threads here that you could cut and paste into a Word Doc if necessary.

Mine is not showing any signs of tearing yet, but I've only got about 5K on the bike so far.  Too many things got in the way this year, and the payments on my Rolex ate up all my gas money... :huepfenlol2:

My 15 year old Swiss Army watch keeps perfect time, and only cost me $125

Rolex watches are very nice...I would not turn one down if someone wanted to give me one... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »

If I'm not mistaken...Darth carries...so that wouldn't be an issue.... :2vrolijk_21:

Armed and ready Sir!!!!!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »

Darth...don't put up with that BS.  This is a well documented issue here on this site.  Most have gotten their seats replaced with no issue, but some have had to jump through some dealer hoops.  But in most cases they were dealer hoops and not the mothership.  If you can't get the dealer to replace the seat, call HD customer service yourself and jump up and down a little bit, in a nice way...at first.  Or insist that the dealer call the MOCO while you are standing there listening.  You can probably find a few threads here that you could cut and paste into a Word Doc if necessary.

Mine is not showing any signs of tearing yet, but I've only got about 5K on the bike so far.  Too many things got in the way this year, and the payments on my Rolex ate up all my gas money... :huepfenlol2:

Rolex watches are very nice...I would not turn one down if someone wanted to give me one... ;)

I think I will have to do just that. I am tired of the dealer run around. Thanks !

As far as the Rolex is concern , it's been in the family for 3 generation, it was my grand father's. Difficult to kill the damn thing!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »

I think I will have to do just that. I am tired of the dealer run around. Thanks !

As far as the Rolex is concern , it's been in the family for 3 generation, it was my grand father's. Difficult to kill the damn thing!

That watch may be worth some real money...I was watching a pawn show on tv the other night and the guy said don't ever replace the face, hands, or even the crystal, as it makes them more valuable to collectors if it ever came to that.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »

That watch may be worth some real money...I was watching a pawn show on tv the other night and the guy said don't ever replace the face, hands, or even the crystal, as it makes them more valuable to collectors if it ever came to that.

Sounds like another fan of PawnStars...I love that show... :bananarock:
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »

Another Rolex rider here that actually rides with a Rolex and a sidearm.
My late father got me my first gold Rolex back in '84 from a Switzerland trip.  I was still in the military then.  He paid $4K for it then.  Presently it's replacement value is $22K.  Rolex watches do go up in value and are an investment.

I don't need to be labeled for my material choices.  I have over 1M miles logged on motorcycles and owned 28 bikes so far.  Its ironic getting insults for being labeled a RUB from the same Harley riders that insult metric bikers for not being able to afford a Harley. Yet some of these same "Bikers" Don't ride as much as I pedal in a year.  LOL

Don't make the mistake of judging a book by it's cover ;-)

2015 FLTRUSE

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »

Another Rolex rider here that actually rides with a Rolex and a sidearm.
My late father got me my first gold Rolex back in '84 from a Switzerland trip.  I was still in the military then.  He paid $4K for it then.  Presently it's replacement value is $22K.  Rolex watches do go up in value and are an investment.

I don't need to be labeled for my material choices.  I have over 1M miles logged on motorcycles and owned 28 bikes so far.  Its ironic getting insults for being labeled a RUB from the same Harley riders that insult metric bikers for not being able to afford a Harley. Yet some of these same "Bikers" Don't ride as much as I pedal in a year.  LOL

Don't make the mistake of judging a book by it's cover ;-)

True.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »

FINALLY I GOT MY SEAT REPLACED TODAY!!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »

The updated seat is MUCH nicer isn't it?
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Re: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »

Tagging so I can see the pix from home later. Give us the details on the seat please.

Sent from my Atrix4g  using Tapatalk 2
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »

The updated seat is MUCH nicer isn't it?

The stitching is much better and reinforced.

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »

The stitching is much better and reinforced.

Told you.... :2vrolijk_21:
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

Re: Re: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »

Tagging so I can see the pix from home later. Give us the details on the seat please.

Sent from my Atrix4g  using Tapatalk 2

The seat is exactly the same...only different....LOL

....just the stitching has changed....but it is a HUGE difference.
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »

Is this seat different than the CVO FLHTCUSE6 seat  :confused5:

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac "C" x-pipe, 2" baffles, TTS, Monotubes

• CVO1: 2003 Dyna Wide Glide (non CVO)
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »

My seat started showing sign of the tearing as pictured previously. Ended up having to meet the HD Factory Rep to get authorization for the replacement. Apparently, the Service Manager at the dealer is very nervous about warrantee returns on the CVO bikes.

The replacement is actually a bit more comfortable than the original seat. Now, if only I can find a way to lower the daggon thing about 1".

Grey Ghost
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!

cvogeorge

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 08:38:20 PM »

I also got my seat replaced today. I agree that it is a more comfortable seat but that opinion was only after a 30 mile home from the dealer. I got my seat fairly quickly, it only took about 2.5 weeks after the dealer sent in the photos until I got the seat replacced.

TANKS 250

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »

I'm glad everyone liked the new seat so far..
My Old Scoots:

My other vehicle:

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »

just looked at mine and its doing it, trip to HD, maybe I won't have to fight for my warranty this time, it's up in Oct 2012 better geter done quick....
Ride it like ya Stole IT!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

I also got my seat replaced today. I agree that it is a more comfortable seat but that opinion was only after a 30 mile home from the dealer. I got my seat fairly quickly, it only took about 2.5 weeks after the dealer sent in the photos until I got the seat replacced.

I waited for over 6-8 months. To tell you the truth I think was a combination of MoCo + Dealer  careless handling of customer complaints, like it is something new.

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »

Is this new seat also heated as is the 2011FLTRUSE?  I am ready for a new seat since mine has been tearing for several months.  I have been hoping the MoCo would redesign the seat to solve the problem.
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »

Is this new seat also heated as is the 2011FLTRUSE?  I am ready for a new seat since mine has been tearing for several months.  I have been hoping the MoCo would redesign the seat to solve the problem.

The seat has the same functionality as the stock seat, just the stitching is different to prevent the tearing.

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 04:17:55 AM »

I just got my third replacement seat. My dealer is great to work with. Each seat took less than a week to be delivered.  Sorry Darth.  The only snag I had was the MoCo said they never received the pics from the dealer for the second replacement.  I called customer service, emailed my pics and the new seat was delivered in 3 days.  There was no delay from the MoCo with the third seat.

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »

Mine is just like TANKS250.  Total twin!

Kudos to Walter's Bros HD in Peoria, IL.  Replacement on the way.  All I gotta do is dig a couple "40" rounds out of the wall behind the service desk!  Jus' kiddin'.  They ordered a new one as soon as they verified my warranty expires in October.

MUDD

• Support your local RED & BLACK

• CVO1: 09' FXSTSSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER- sold
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD GLIDE ULTRA
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »

Just purchased my RIO RED/BLACK EMBER 11' FLTRUSE from the original owner with 3K miles on the ticker, and the only thing wrong with the bike that i can find is the seat. Is starting to tear at the seam just like the pictures shown previously. I have owned the bike for about 30 days now and the seat was tearing when I purchased it. Well, yesterday i was at my local dealer changing the remaining existing warranty into my name and I mentioned the seat to them. Long story short, one of the managers and two of the service dept. guys said they knew nothing of the stitching problems, and repeatedly asked me if there was a "factory recall". My reply was that I was unsure about that, but I was sure that the MOCO was fully aware of the problem and they have been replacing seats. I mentioned this site and several of the threads on this matter and all I got from them was "you cant believe anything that someone puts on the internet". Basically they refused to even look into it and said I should contact the MOCO myself. No one around, two service guys  sitting behind the counter with nothing better to do....thought they might give it a shot anyway. Looks like I get to call Harley myself..Any suggestions?   
Support your local RED & BLACK
VNV/LVMC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

.... Looks like I get to call Harley myself..Any suggestions?   
To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056... and when speaking to them you may want to let them know the "lack of service" you got from that particular dealer. Or depending on your relationship with the dealer go speak to the GM before calling customer service and let him know about he "lack of service" from his service department and see how/what he does about it and then if you don't get anywhere call customer service.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MUDD

• Support your local RED & BLACK

• CVO1: 09' FXSTSSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER- sold
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD GLIDE ULTRA
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »

Thank you Fired00d for the direct contact info to MOCO cust. service. This dealer has been very helpful in the past and dont want to just start slaying them over this one incident. I am re-reading all the posts and threads regarding this issue and actually writing down the stated cities, states, and dealers that have taken care of this problem. I will then go back again with better info and see what the outcome or effort is.

MUDD
Support your local RED & BLACK
VNV/LVMC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »

Thank you Fired00d for the direct contact info to MOCO cust. service. This dealer has been very helpful in the past and dont want to just start slaying them over this one incident. I am re-reading all the posts and threads regarding this issue and actually writing down the stated cities, states, and dealers that have taken care of this problem. I will then go back again with better info and see what the outcome or effort is.

MUDD
Good luck... hope it works out to your satisfaction. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »

I had the same thing.  Service manager looked at it and said no problem, I'll order you a seat!  It's covered by warranty, no reason to make you call MOCO when they should take care of it....

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »

My new seat was ordered today, these new seats are back ordered until 8-10-12.  I'm sure it will take longer but that's ok.
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »

Just finished up a 3k ride over the past couple of weeks...seat has separated at seam where the grainy "leather" meets the smooth leather on right side (maybe if it was real leather the seam wouldn't give)? Anyway, stopped by a dealer hoping this would be a no questions asked warranty matter. Nope, got a ration of $@!t from service writer on how Harley won't cover the seat...his parting comment "maybe if you call and complain enough, they'll give in." Gee, thanks...I'll do that.  Spoke to Harley customer service rep who told me claims are handled on a case by case basis because (and I quote) "you might weigh 400 pounds and ride a lot. That'll wreck a seat in a hurry." Couldn't help but laugh. Stuff like this makes me wonder why I continue to have this love/hate relationship with HD.  I should have asked about reimbursement for the two pairs jeans that were spattered with the quart of blow-by oil that spewed from the air cleaner during the trip. I can't utter the words Gold....or K16... but it is tempting. I'm sure those bikes have issues too, but HD's crappy customer service is starting to wear on me. How can owners experiencing the same problem be treated so vastly different? Oh well...calling on another dealer tomorrow.  PJ
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:36:25 PM by pj57 »

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

Just finished up a 3k ride over the past couple of weeks...seat has separated at seam where the grainy "leather" meets the smooth leather on right side (maybe if it was real leather the seam wouldn't give)? Anyway, stopped by a dealer hoping this would be a no questions asked warranty matter. Nope, got a ration of $@!t from service writer on how Harley won't cover the seat...his parting comment "maybe if you call and complain enough, they'll give in." Gee, thanks...I'll do that.  Spoke to Harley customer service rep who told me claims are handled on a case by case basis because (and I quote) "you might weigh 400 pounds and ride a lot. That'll wreck a seat in a hurry." Couldn't help but laugh. Stuff like this makes me wonder why I continue to have this love/hate relationship with HD.  I should have asked about reimbursement for the two pairs jeans that were spattered with the quart of blow-by oil that spewed from the air cleaner during the trip. I can't utter the words Gold....or K16... but it is tempting. I'm sure those bikes have issues too, but HD's crappy customer service is starting to wear on me. How can owners experiencing the same problem be treated so vastly different? Oh well...calling on another dealer tomorrow.  PJ

PJ . . . I had the same problem . . . Columbia HD in Vancouver, WA gave me a bit of a run-around, but I got an appointment with the factory rep on her next visit and the seat was ordered and replaced with no further issues. The newer seat has been modified and seems to be holding up better than the original. Also seems a bit more easy on the butt.
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:47 PM »

So I took mine in for it's 10k service today. Pointed out to the guy taking the pix (they do that before they touch every bike) that my seat was starting to separate at the seems and asked him to document it for warranty purposes. Picked up the bike about 7 hours later and was told the service manager looked at it, approved it and has ordered the new seat already. :pepper:  :2vrolijk_21:  Giving a BIG SHOUTOUT to FREEDOM HD in N. Canton, Ohio for taking care of it the first time it was mentioned.  :orange: :mango: :bananarock:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »

So I took mine in for it's 10k service today. Pointed out to the guy taking the pix (they do that before they touch every bike) that my seat was starting to separate at the seems and asked him to document it for warranty purposes. Picked up the bike about 7 hours later and was told the service manager looked at it, approved it and has ordered the new seat already. :pepper:  :2vrolijk_21:  Giving a BIG SHOUTOUT to FREEDOM HD in N. Canton, Ohio for taking care of it the first time it was mentioned.  :orange: :mango: :bananarock:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

Sounds like I might have to move to N. Canton, Ohio!! :-\

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 fltruse
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 08:06:59 PM »

Mine started giving out. There is a 1/4 inch area where you can see white. My warranty is going to expire on the 19th. I took it in to have it looked at and they warranteed I ton problem. The service manager said he has seen it before and as previously stated they have changed the way they do the stitching. They had a seat just mine in stock but they are ordering the newer one.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »

Kudos to Harley of Appleton (WI).  No questions asked...seat ordered and should arrive tomorrow. They also took care of a few other minor warranty issues and found another problem I hadn't even noticed. Now thats great service. PJ

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »

I got mine replaced.  It took about 10 days after it was ordered from North TX HD in Carrollton, TX.  Installed in 10 minutes or less.  Great Job Zac!  Now let's see if it will stand the test of time or butt.  I hope so, only have 10 months left on factory warranty and I'm told extended warranty will not cover replacing the seat.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:05:02 PM by nu_glider »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2012, 09:58:39 PM »

How many miles you guys have? I am WAY behind on mileage. Usually after 2 years I would have about 24-30k on average. This one only has 10k on it.

cvogeorge

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »

I had just over 5000 miles on mine when it started to separate.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 08:33:23 AM »

Mine started to tear at 3K.

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 fltruse
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »

Mine made it to 20k then started.

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »

How many miles you guys have? I am WAY behind on mileage. Usually after 2 years I would have about 24-30k on average. This one only has 10k on it.

Mine had about 6000 when it started, took it in and no questions @ Mitchell's Modesto HD!!  Got the new style seat.  Now swapping the wifes Corbin when she sells her Ultra.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »

I believe is also Butt size dependent when start ripping JEJEJE

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »

Dearth,,  what dealer did you go through to get our seat replaced?  I know you live in central fl.. Just wondering who didn't treat you right.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:34:23 AM by cvostu »

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »

well, I have the pulled stiching on my seat, just took back to dealer and they turned into Hd and they denied it@#$%^&*(, they have since taken better photos and are resubmitting, the next step will be the 1800 hd number, as always you have to fight for it, and of corse the bikes is off warrenty next month..... we keep ya posted.,....
Ride it like ya Stole IT!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »

well, I have the pulled stiching on my seat, just took back to dealer and they turned into Hd and they denied it@#$%^&*(, they have since taken better photos and are resubmitting, the next step will be the 1800 hd number, as always you have to fight for it, and of corse the bikes is off warrenty next month..... we keep ya posted.,....
You live in the wrong area. My previous post explains that.

Freedom HD in N. Canton called me today and asked when I can swing by to have my replacement seat installed. Told them I'd be there in 15 mins. In and out, sign here for the warranty please. I love that service department.  :2vrolijk_21:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »

I do remeber getting one of them replaced now that I think about it it may have been this one. It was either this one or my 09...too many beers ago I guess. I'll check my records.  :P

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2012, 12:46:47 PM »

Dearth,,  what dealer did you go through to get our seat replaced?  I know ou live in central fl.. Just wondering who didn't treat you right.   

Got mine replaced at Seminole Harley, however it took three visits to the dealer and they said HD was giving them a hard time. After almost 8 months I got a new seat.

geeman

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »

Got my new seat yesterday looks pretty good with the extra piping and row of stitching hope this solves the issue.  Price on the service order was 1900.00 glad it was under warranty.

gg

geeman

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »

Got my new seat yesterday, looks awesome.  This is the third seat on my CVO hopefully the last one.

gg

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »

Well, after complaining since the bike had 1000 miles, 16 months and 14000 miles later, I finally got the dealer and the MOCO to give me a new seat. The seat was torn in 3 places, both front seams and the right side seam between rider and passinger.

It was a test of wills, but I never give up and sooner or later, I always get people to see things my way.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:59 AM »

Well, after complaining since the bike had 1000 miles, 16 months and 14000 miles later, I finally got the dealer and the MOCO to give me a new seat. The seat was torn in 3 places, both front seams and the right side seam between rider and passinger.

It was a test of wills, but I never give up and sooner or later, I always get people to see things my way.

:2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 10:16:28 PM »

Interesting,  my dealership had me a new seat in a weeks time.  I wonder why you had so much trouble?

geeman

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

My experience was similar emailed some pics they asked me to bring it in for a closer look.
They ordered the new seat had it replaced during my 32000 km service.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »

it's more or less just the same story the CUSE4 had in 09. Wonder why H-D has to repeat this scheme every couple of years instead of using tried and reliable patterns.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »

Interesting,  my dealership had me a new seat in a weeks time.  I wonder why you had so much trouble?

Well, my guess is that, as it turns out, I had a very lazy service manager that quit two weeks after my dealership changed owners. It seems that there were about a hundred warranty issues sitting on his desk when he left and he just didn't want to deal with it. It still took two weeks after the MOCO said yes but that's ok.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »

mine has tore right next to seam called dealer and he said Harley has cracked down on replacing seats he would have to look at it and maybe they will replace, waiting on parts for other warrenty issue will let them look when I go for that. wish me luck so far it has been a fuss every time on front tire warrenty. hope seat not the same way.

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »

Anyone had theirs tear like this and had Harley take care of it. Thanks

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »

Since I just bought my bike and the factory warranty expired, I bought an extended warranty.  Has anyone replaced their seat using the extended warranty?
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »

Had two of them replaced under warranty.. No questions asked, No problem, they  know

Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 21 queries.