Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2020 CVO idles high after I installed new battery. w/o pulling maxi fuse.  (Read 2108 times)

Usmcnewport

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Hey fellas, i have a question. i have a bone stock 2020 Cvo street glide. the only thing Different is Reinhardt pipes with a tune.My mistake is watching a Youtube video of a Harley without an alarm (not CVO). well she went screaming and now I'm deaf hahah.
i had to wait it out until the alarm finally stopped which seemed like forever in a small metal storage building.
Now it idles high at a red light or in neutral. it doesn't idle up super high. i will attach a video if it will let me.(turn volume up) you can definitely hear it idle its self back up in the video. When it self idles back up, the volts drop back to battery voltage around 13 like its not charging? makes me wonder if it's an ECM issue?? or where i lost the tune if thats what happened i don't know though. or is it a charging issue??
I didn't remove the maxi fuse so i wonder if that messed something up?
she drives good other than automatically idling high at red lights.  (It wouldn't let me upload a 3 second video says its too large???)

-just picture it being at normal idle then it on its own idles up higher all by its self and the voltage reader goes to 13 from 14.2 when driving. like its reading battery volts only???

if you want me to Email/text you the video just let me know i can give you my email or cell number
Thanks for any input. stay safe 2 wheels down
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:05:28 AM by Usmcnewport »

FELIX

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: Street Glide - 2020

Did you try resetting the throttle by wire system? It's been awhile since I did it but I believe the procedure is turn the ignition switch on then turn it off turn it on turn it off do this four or five times Within a few seconds of its previous on and off. That I believe will reset it and your idol should return to normal. The next time you start the bike.

Usmcnewport

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

Yes sir, I have but I will try and do it again. Thank you and hope this forum keeps on responding thank you.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING

i think if you turn the bike off with your hand on the throttle the bike thinks it needs to idel there from then on

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.