Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: indian roadmaster  (Read 7186 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
indian roadmaster
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:02:36 PM »

got a look at photos of the indian roadmaster! still trying to decide if I like it! at first glance not really. it may grow on me. anyone else gotten a good look!! I believe Harleys ultra classic has this one beat at least in the looks department
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:14:08 PM by smkymtnboy »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

Re: indian roadmaster
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:36 PM »

maybe, this helps!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »

hmm... maybe? They stick a 150HP motor in there, well... and I have been one of the guys that has been "Indian bashing"
Alan

mark

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:30 AM »

Looks better in black, but still...  If you removed the Indian badges and signature front fender, I'd think it was an old Kawasaki tourer or a Victory.  It can't be that hard to design a bike that doesn't look like it was assembled from an assortment of parts from Storage Wars.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »

Not to bad !!! I like to see one up close, they should have them @ Bike Week in Wildwood NJ and Ocean City MD.
DND

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »

The two tone....eh.  Not bad but not my cup-a-T.  Almost too busy......

Now the black changes the looks all together (the tan seats don't hurt it none, either).  Would like to ride one

By the way, smky, where'd ya get dem pics?

Have to agree with a couple posts already....sure looks like a more modern version of (or retro version of depending on how you look at it) something that came out in 2009....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:18:12 AM by Haird »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »

The two tone....eh.  Not bad but not my cup-a-T.  Almost too busy......

Now the black changes the looks all together (the tan seats don't hurt it none, either).  Would like to ride one

By the way, smky, where'd ya get dem pics?

Have to agree with a couple posts already....sure looks like a more modern version of (or retro version of depending on how you look at it) something that came out in 2009....
the dealer in  Waynesville emailed the photos to me!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:37:30 AM by smkymtnboy »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:39:17 AM »

seat

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »

rear seat

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »

I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but there's just something "off" on this one.  The odd shape to the lowers?  Not bashing, just not for me.

JW

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 09:07:02 AM »

Looks better in black, but still...  If you removed the Indian badges and signature front fender, I'd think it was an old Kawasaki tourer or a Victory.  It can't be that hard to design a bike that doesn't look like it was assembled from an assortment of parts from Storage Wars.

Makes me wonder IF there was a test ride where we didn't know what brand we were riding and afterwards were presented with pricing, warrantees, service data, cost of ownership, etc. which would rate "I want it".  Probably not HD.  So design and "brand" are a MAJOR part of the purchasing decision, and in matters of taste, there is no right or wrong. The "Indian" brand represents a retro look and nostalgia that cannot be denied, after each failure, it somehow comes back again and again, the "look" (to some) is timelessly attractive. The name, like Harley, also carries a "mystique" to days gone by, and draws us (especially us older guys) to long for another chance at throwing a leg over, strapping on a backpack and bedroll, and just start riding............anywhere.  That is the hook, the manufacturer's know it, and spend millions drawing our dreams to it; The Marlboro man on his steel horse riding into a mountain pass, chasing the sun.  Yet, to my eye not what I would buy, but to others this is an irresistible product. I have already consumed the CVO Kool-Aid, there is no going back for me.

The Indian will again survive, even if a model or two succumbs to the almighty dollar, and chases Harley-Davidson into that same sunset.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

ultrarider123

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 09:51:55 AM »

the dealer in  Waynesville emailed the photos to me!

Gotcha....

The front opening box makes for a smoother design but sure makes it impossible for the passenger to remain seated for a "quick look" in the tour box/pac/trunk.
Gotta hand it to Polaris.  Some will love the look, others will hate it and still others will be luke warm over it (sorta like life in general).  At this point, I'm in the luke warm pot but would love to ride one for a day..... ;D

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 10:39:07 AM »

Think the MoCo just breathed a sigh of relief. It's a conspiracy I tell ya! One company builds the design spot on but builds crap engines. The other makes a hideous looking bike with a good engine (actually they're 2 for 2 if you include the Vision). I just don't understand the design teams. I guess they just want to keep people moving around from brand to brand buying one and riding it for awhile and then they move on to something else. I'd rather have the Kawi. If they're gonna look the same, I just as well save some cash but I guess we'll have to see what the depreciation does. Bad day, maybe if I saw one in person it would be better.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »

I do like the redesigned look of the engine and the effort they make to keep it on display.

The visual negatives that poke me right in the eye are the front fender's hangnail leading edge. Way too far forward.
the bulbous rounded/swoopy/retro-uncertainty of a fairing.

and the lowers....please remove the lowers and take another set of pics!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:59:57 AM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 11:54:04 AM »

I agree the black looks better, but that's only because the lowers blend into the bike the disappear.  For me it's the lowers that kill it.

I rode all three previous models a couple months ago and they rode OK, but I till liked my SERG better.  The only thing that the Indian had that was in my opinion better than the the 110" in the HD was the mid range torque.  They all pulled great in high gear at around 2k rpms without any hesitation.  But I also noticed vibration in the motors at probably 3k on up to redline.  Reminded me of my solid mounted '76 FLH.  I'm sure my wife would have liked it though.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.