Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speaker lids  (Read 508 times)

bgdv1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Speaker lids
« on: August 21, 2019, 08:37:19 PM »

So question.... I have a 16 CVO RG Ultra. Im thinking this winter id like to do speaker lids for my bags. Question will my stock radio drive 6 speakers or can I unhook the pods in tourpack and use that to power the lids ? Wife says she cant hear the speakers much because there blocked.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

'17 CVO Ultra
'11 SG

CaffeineBuzz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

Re: Speaker lids
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 10:32:41 AM »

speakers have to be powered by an amplifier, an amplifier has to be connected to head unit....usually when you start pulling on this thread on the sweater, the whole damn thing comes apart....when it's all said and done, you'll likely end up replacing everything but the head unit....at the very least, you'll need to add an amp and the speakers...there are also issues with how your HU sends signals which could necessitate the need for other intermediary components...and reflashing of the head unit...good luck sir

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 11:33:29 AM »

To answer your question is yes. You can unhook your pod speakers and use that signal to drive speakers in the lids.

Just make sure the speakers you install in the lids have the same ohms as the pod speaker, which I believe are 4 ohms.

I would suggest that before you go through the expensive of adding the speaker lids, you look into upgrading the amp and front speakers. I did my Streetglide with Biketronics a few years ago and have no regrets. Their equipment come with a lifetime warranty and their service is awesome and they sound amazing.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »

I would also do an audio test to determine if all the speakers are working properly.

To do this, hold the power/mute button while radio is booting up. continue to hold until the diagnostic screen comes up.  In the Audio section there is a speaker test. The speaker test will send a signal around to each speaker and you can then determine how things are working.

Hope this helps.

bgdv1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »

Thank you for the replies. I did the audio in my Sg with an Aquatic AV head unit and hogtunes amp and speaker lids and boom audio speakers. It totally blows away my CVO RG ultra set up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

'17 CVO Ultra
'11 SG

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.