Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: HD wont replace my pitted rocker box cover  (Read 5842 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

HD wont replace my pitted rocker box cover
« on: May 26, 2020, 01:41:35 PM »

Have some looks to be pitting under the chrome on my rocker box cover & cam cover. Took to dealer & they took pics. Just got notified that HD denied my claim. Reason is if there is more than 2 items claimed with same problem they feel like they don't have to replace it. Said there is something in the manual that states this... Well if they don't replace it this will be my last HD bike I will ever buy....I called HD customer support & they are gonna look into it some more.. My bike is still under factory warranty..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: HD wont replace my pitted rocker box cover
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »

That make no sense to me but then again a lot of things mother Harley does (or won't do) don't make much sense.  Good luck and hope you get it covered under warranty.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »

It's not the first time someone at Harley tried to pull that "won't cover more than one chrome part" horse hockey, but under current laws they can't blow this off so easily under the factory warranty.  Unless they can prove the pitting is from something that happened to the bike after you took possession, like contamination by a caustic chemical that attacks cheap chrome, they have to cover the defect.  If the only chrome parts on the bike that are pitting are the rocker covers, it's pretty obvious the problem is related to the manufacture of those covers and not some nebulous atmospheric pollution or other hogwash.

I'm pretty sure that one part only thing was originally created for non-warranty policy adjustments, where they agree to cover damaged, not defective, parts.  Someone at H-D has been telling dealers and customers that also applies to warranty items, and it does not.  Take them to small claims court if they don't do the right thing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »

Take them to small claims court if they don't do the right thing.

Jerry

Or pull up on their parking lot on a Goldwing or a used Harley you paid a lot less for and bought somewhere else and tell them to go reproduce themselves.

J.D.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:20:02 PM »

It's just cast aluminum with flash chrome.  These chrome parts pit up pretty quickly.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »

It's just cast aluminum with flash chrome.  These chrome parts pit up pretty quickly.

Yup, and those pits (and flaking on some) is a manufacturing defect.  It is difficult to plate aluminum for reasons I've mentioned many times in the past, but that doesn't mean it can't be done if the parts are prepped properly and the process controlled properly.  Some people do it and produce excellent chrome plated aluminum parts.  Those people don't tend to be in China and selling based on price only to cheap bstrds like Harley however..

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 06:42:43 PM »

I heard the same crap when I bought my 2009 Road Glide.  I think the real reason for them denying the claim is they get dinged by HD for warranty claims.

I had a heck of a time getting my seat replaced.  The original 2009 CVO Road Glide seat was not properly built and the front tongue would pop out from the frame and the seat would come loose as you road down the road.  There was really no concern on the dealers part that this was a real safety issue.

:oops: :nixweiss:

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

mark

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30:49 PM »

Have some looks to be pitting under the chrome on my rocker box cover & cam cover. Took to dealer & they took pics. Just got notified that HD denied my claim. Reason is if there is more than 2 items claimed with same problem they feel like they don't have to replace it. Said there is something in the manual that states this... Well if they don't replace it this will be my last HD bike I will ever buy....I called HD customer support & they are gonna look into it some more.. My bike is still under factory warranty..
Write a letter to the HD CEO and state what you posted.  Then, follow that up by buying your next bike from Honda, Indian, BMW, etc.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »

Yea gonna wait and see what happens. Im not giving up that easy.. I will make some more phone calls to HD customer service if I don't here anything in couple days. The customer service guy said was gonna investigate it and see what could do for me.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 08:44:13 AM »

Yea gonna wait and see what happens. Im not giving up that easy.. I will make some more phone calls to HD customer service if I don't here anything in couple days. The customer service guy said was gonna investigate it and see what could do for me.

Best of luck, it does get frustrating at times dealing with warranty claims.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 10:39:44 AM »

In the mean time I'll bet someone here could "pay it forward" with their take off chrome parts, from when they blacked theirs out.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »

Well verdict is not going to replace it. Reason is if u claim more than 1 piece with same problem they consider it an environmental damage.  Bunch of B.S.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 07:06:39 PM »

Well verdict is not going to replace it. Reason is if u claim more than 1 piece with same problem they consider it an environmental damage.  Bunch of B.S.

Assholes.  By the same logic the same circumstances could just as easily be stated as the manufacturer not being able to supply components that cosmetically survive your environment.  Two sides of the same coin. 

Was this "verdict" from the dealer's mouth or the MoCo's?  And if it was from the dealer saying it was from the MoCo are you sure?  And in either case have you mentioned to the dealer that you were THEIR customer and not the MoCo's so if they expect any future business from you that you expect them to make issues right no matter what the Mother Harley says?

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 08:54:27 PM »

This sounds insane!!! They don’t want to stand behind anything anymore!!!

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 09:10:27 PM »

Assholes.  By the same logic the same circumstances could just as easily be stated as the manufacturer not being able to supply components that cosmetically survive your environment.  Two sides of the same coin. 

Was this "verdict" from the dealer's mouth or the MoCo's?  And if it was from the dealer saying it was from the MoCo are you sure?  And in either case have you mentioned to the dealer that you were THEIR customer and not the MoCo's so if they expect any future business from you that you expect them to make issues right no matter what the Mother Harley says?

From dealer and the MoCo.  I requested to speak with a manager so waiting on phone call back from them within next 48 hrs. This might be the last HD I ever buy and I will surely tell them thsat but I’m guessing they don’t really give a chit anyway.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.