Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Re: Newbie Questions  (Read 7861 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Newbie Questions
« on: March 18, 2004, 01:18:30 AM »

Ok....its tomorrow now. I am so excited about owning this bike I can't sleep. A couple of questions though. I
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 01:47:10 AM »

Ok....its tomorrow now. I am so excited about owning this bike I can't sleep. A couple of questions though. I  just bought a Purple/Silver Flame 02 FLHRSEI. It has a small rack for what I would guess you guys refer to as the chopped TourPack. If I order this pack from harley for this model will it come painted?

Also how do I get paint codes for some helmets I want to match to the bike? (Please no metrosexual comments.) How many different sizes of the sport windshield are there and what do people like most? Can you really feel performance bump from Air Cleaner/ Exhaust/ Chip upgrades? What is best way to go in this regard? Why aren't there more CVO people using this site? How old is it? Does anyone make an aftermarket cover to go over bed of truck when hauling bike? Something that will not flap and scratch paint? I tow a new short bed Chevy pickup behind a bus and would like to cover bike on long hauls. Thanking you in advance for your input to any or all of these inquiries.
02 FLHRSEI Purple
88 Signature Edition Carrera
07 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
04 4 Slide Holiday Rambler Navigator
04 Black 1500 4wd Silverado
02 Grady White Gulfstream 232
Lots o' toys but no time to play

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 06:29:22 AM »

Uhhhhhhh ........ small rack for tour pack? Are ya sure? It could be a luggage rack ... not sure that it's the mount for a tour pack unless sum body added it.

Uhhhhhh  [smiley=confused5.gif] paint codes for helmets to match the bike??????? ummmm, welllllllll, maybe ...... black?

Yep! ECM upgrade .... pipes ..... breather. MORE POWER! YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!
The best way to go .... well, let's see. How many members on this site? That's about how many best ways to go.

Jeeeeeez, my head hurtz. I can't think. Have to try an answer other questions later ....

Welcome to the site!!!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 07:21:41 AM »

the site is almost 2 years old
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 08:23:55 AM »

Has anybody done truly "independent" dyno testing on power upgrades for the 95 inch SE motor? I want to try to figure out everything I can short of putting a set of wheels in it. And I am impressed that so far nobody gave me too much chit about matching helmets.
02 FLHRSEI Purple

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 09:02:25 AM »

i dont expect you to get any chit about the helmets, we are a pretty diverse group here, evertyhing from no helmets to full face and everything in between. you may get some playful jabs but thats about it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 09:17:35 AM »

i dont expect you to get any chit about the helmets, we are a pretty diverse group here, evertyhing from no helmets to full face and everything in between. you may get some playful jabs but thats about it

LOL  Im still trying to figure out how many questions he asked!!

Yes you do notice the performance upgrades! I rode my bike for a day before I had my mods done ..came bake a week later to a different bike [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 09:25:13 AM »

My wife wants matching painted lids for our SEEG...I want to move to a state without laws requiring a helmet...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 10:09:56 AM »

Has anybody done truly "independent" dyno testing on power upgrades for the 95 inch SE motor? I want to try to figure out everything I can short of putting a set of wheels in it. And I am impressed that so far nobody gave me too much chit about matching helmets.

OK, now yer really asking for chit about the helmets!  [smiley=cyclist.gif]

<just kiddin>

The kewl-est set up I've seen was a fella had his (and wife's) lids as well as his trailer custom painted to match his scoot. Turned out really slick. He said he picked the style of helmet then found a painter who sanded them down and shot them to match. Even had their names, and a couple of cartoon characters (Betty Boob for her and Fritz the Cat for him) air brushed on the back. I didn't ask what he paid for the paint job but I imagine it was a couple hundred bux.

Just an idea to keep in mind!
Mark

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 04:36:28 PM »

Ok....its tomorrow now. I am so excited about owning this bike I can't sleep. A couple of questions though. I
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 08:08:22 PM »

this guys going to give psycho a run for the money, is the bike stock?get a copy of hd parts catalog ,or look at one at dealer shop,start reading past comments you,ll be up to speed in no time------welcome,ak

Hello there, Mr. A.K. sir! I think I spread my questions out just a tad a bit more than this very welcome newby to the site. Just a reminder--my questions thus far have been from basically riding in my driveway and loking at the bike while it sat in the garage all winter! Just wait till I actually start riding the bike this spring, should it ever arrive! It'll be time to start tapping into all that seasoned biker knowledge you all have!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 08:15:03 PM »

Psych! Psycho! Psycho I need help!! [smiley=thinking2.gif]

I know JCZ.............................. I know................ [smiley=yes.gif] [smiley=smug.gif]

« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 10:40:32 PM by psychodeuce »

sponserv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 11:26:01 PM »

You guys rock!!!!!!

Your info has been very helpful. If you think I asked a lot of questions in that first post you haven't seen anything yet. I have always subscribed to the school of thought that there is no such thing as a dumb question. And I am not too proud to look dumb. Ever.

I love the comment about painting helmets to match bike is usually done by newbies. Classic. Does that mean after I get to be hardcore I'll only wear a black shorty? Or if I'm feeling real badass not wear a helmet at all? Can't wait to become a "real biker" like you guys. Sarcasm is always the cheapest form of humor and my funny bone is flat broke.
02 FLHRSEI Purple

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 01:10:04 AM »

You guys rock!!!!!!

Your info has been very helpful. If you think I asked a lot of questions in that first post you haven't seen anything yet. I have always subscribed to the school of thought that there is no such thing as a dumb question. And I am not too proud to look dumb. Ever.

I love the comment about painting helmets to match bike is usually done by newbies. Classic. Does that mean after I get to be hardcore I'll only wear a black shorty? Or if I'm feeling real badass not wear a helmet at all? Can't wait to become a "real biker" like you guys. Sarcasm is always the cheapest form of humor and my funny bone is flat broke.

Sponserv.....easy buddy.  Wasn't an accusation or attack on your charicture........merely an observation.  You don't have to be "hardcore" to wear a black shorty nor do you have to be a "real badass" to not wear a helmet at all.  It's just a whole lot more simple than that.....kinda like the painted helmet......just a matter of choice.  Don't expect everybody to have the same choice as you and don't be offended when they don't.  That's takeing it way to personal.  We have fun here and do a lot of ribbin.......we also provide a lot of help when it's needed.  I hope you enjoy it here. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 04:37:28 AM »

sponserv, the fella I told you about that had his lids painted to match his bike (complete with cartoon characters) is definitely not a newbie to the biker world. I s'pose he's what you'd call a 'hardcore biker' ....... whatever that is.  He's gotta be in his 50's, big ole beard, long red hair and a whole lotta tattoos. He and wife both wear 3/4 helmets.

Now me, I've got short hair. Kind of a business cut. A moustache ... but a conservative one and 1 little bitty tattoo. The bottom line is that there is no judgement either way. We (bikers, enthusiasts or whatever) just accept each other the way we are. We have a bond anyway ....... motorcycling and Harley Davidson.

You just be you bro. Ask all the questions ya want. Poke a little fun back at these yahoos on this site, kick back and enjoy!
[smiley=bigok.gif]
Later,
Mark
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.