Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom Stereo Bass sounds poor  (Read 775 times)

Flashgorman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2018 Street Glide
Boom Stereo Bass sounds poor
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:41:53 AM »

Hi all, I got a 2018 Streetglide and notice that the Bass frequencies out of my speakers is pretty cheesy and breaks up. So looking at folks who put actual subwoofers in their bags, that doesn't look like a direction I want to go. Any tips on getting bass sounds to, well, sound good?
I don't know what I'm doing, but I sure have a lot of fun...

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
Re: Boom Stereo Bass sounds poor
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 11:47:36 AM »

Hi all, I got a 2018 Streetglide and notice that the Bass frequencies out of my speakers is pretty cheesy and breaks up. So looking at folks who put actual subwoofers in their bags, that doesn't look like a direction I want to go. Any tips on getting bass sounds to, well, sound good?

You have not filled out your profile.  Are you talking about a 2018 CVO Street Glide?   They have pretty awesome OEM systems?   900 Watts.     If that's what you have then maybe you better have the system checked out?    Did you buy it new?    If so, maybe one of the channels is burnt out or maybe they have flashed the system with the wrong equalization?    I also had issues with the Speed volume adjustment and ended up just turning it off because it made the bass choppy.

Flashgorman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2018 Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »

Just updated profile. thanks! Yep, 2018 Streetglide. So the bass just kind of thuds, like the speaker is being overdriven, or its not big enough for the lower frequencies. BTW, I'm a musician, gigging in a band, so I know what I'd like to be hearing from them! It's going in for 1000 mile checkup soon, so I'll have them look at it. Thanks!
I don't know what I'm doing, but I sure have a lot of fun...

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »

You'll want to run all of the settings fairly flat and remember they are not subwoofers. With that said open up your saddlebag lids and play some music at normal volumes and you'll be able to tell if the woofer portion of your rear speakers are blown or not. It is a fairly common thing unfortunately. Good luck.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.