Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Buddy wants a Boulevard  (Read 7511 times)

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
Re: Buddy wants a Boulevard
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »

One of my friends rides one.  He likes it.  Hasn't had any problems with it yet.  Nice blue color. 
He just can't afford what he want with the harley yet with kids and sports and college yet.  But some day he will I am sure.   

Todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 03:18:39 PM »

In case you don't know what they look like here is one. Nice looking ride around $12k new
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 10:04:31 PM »

Bikes are like wives I've had a few of both and liked some better than others. I would never tell a mate which wife to marry unless he asked. If he has to ask he shouldn't marry. If he's not sure he should do some research before buying. My advice when asked is try a few and get the one that works for you. Bottom line he's the one that has to ride it. For the record I now have the best of both as far as bikes & wives go. I eventually worked it out.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 05:50:53 AM »

Just Tell him to get a bike at least he's riding who cares what it is, he will get a Harley someday.
DND

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »

I am bad for recommending that others  buy things  like I own. After all I did search out the best of things why would i not want a buddy to have the best. Unfortunately there is a bit of arrogance in that, assuming my values are superior and others should recognize that.

I think the best approach is to make a case for looking at HD and then let it go. A lot of guys enjoy riding bikes that are not Harleys, poor ignorant bastards. :D

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »

As a young man I rode Yamaha dirt bikes. I always felt that Suzuki was inferior to Honda or Yamaha. My first street bike was a Yamama 550 Maxim. Fun little bike.

Today I still feel that Suzuki is not up to par compared to Yamaha (aka Star). If he can't swing for a Harely tell him to look at Yamaha. With pipes I think they have the closest sound to Harely. Plus I think their engine has a good look.

Harely vs. Harley "lookalike" Rice Burner. I'm okay with anyone willing to put 2 wheels on the street. Pavement hurts just as bad on either.

As far as convincing him and his wife. Just ask them if he would prefer a real wife or one that just "looks" like one.  :D :D :D

By the way. I'm 52 but my brain still tells me I'm 12.
I agree. Even if I wanted an import, it wouldn't be Suzuki/Boulevard. I also had a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 that was nothing but trouble within the first year. I have other friends that love their Kawis, but all are disappointed in the finish of the paint and chrome. So, it would be Star or Honda for Japanese imports. At this time I prefer the Stars. Ten or fifteen years ago it was Honda.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »

Just Tell him to get a bike at least he's riding who cares what it is, he will get a Harley someday.

X2

And if decides he doesn't want a Harley who cares?, as long as he enjoys life on two wheels it's all good  :2vrolijk_21:

Don't be a motosnob - you know, one of those people who thinks their bike is the best and look down their nose at the rest of us..
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

akodust

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 08:57:21 PM »

Today I saw a Boulevard at the Harley Dealer...It is a sharp bike. I could see how alot of rider would like it...I'm a Harley Man Though.... :pineapple: :pepper:
Been riding for over 40 Years.
16 CVO Limited-Bought 9/16.
16 Vrod-Sold
09 CVO Ultra-Sold***09 Ultra-Root Beer-Sold
07 Electra Glide Standard***05 Heritage-Sold
05 Heritage
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.