Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Attn: 2008 Touring owners- went in for a new rear tire and...holy chit..  (Read 2730 times)

vagabond6542

Re: Attn: 2008 Touring owners- went in for a new rear tire and...holy chit..
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

Mine is fine w/3K.

Mine was a little more expensive than 300.00 though.

Had to buy a bike to get it.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

That wouldn't be the 09......would it. :huepfenlol2:

mrigeo

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 08:27:56 PM »

A riding buddy lost the bearings in his ISD on a new (08) Roadglide while we were riding to Milwaukee in August. Just lucky it failed as we rode into Cedar Rapids IA and the dealer was opened. Was VERY noisy and caused a slight vibration. Low miles and factory installed................
Glad I didn't buy one for my SERG.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

Good point Gary.  I'll have to look at my ESP contract and see if it has changed from that one. 

:devil:

Hey Guys,

I think it's the same Gary.  I believe the spocket and the bearing are both considered "wear" items and are not covered under warrenty as they have a finite lifespan.  Which I know is wierd because all the moving parts have a finite lifepasn.  But in this case because the teeth on the sprocket will wear and need to be replaced it's considered a maintenance item.  It's bullchit in this example because obviousle something is wrong if the bearing fails that quickly.  My guess is that the post regarding the belt over tightening as the moter heats would be the culpret.  Pulling too hard on a wheel for an extended period will cause any bearing to wear out and fail prematurely.

For what it's worth: I just turned 25,000 miles on Nemo and there's no obvious problem.  I will have them check it the next time it's in for service at 30k to be sure.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.