Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leather tourpak help  (Read 566 times)

devans101

Leather tourpak help
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:10:49 PM »

Hi all, new to the forum and this is my first post.  I have a question regarding the premium leather tourpak.  I have always liked the look of the wrap around backrest, and my wife saw one the other day and she really wants one.  She thinks she will feel a lot more secure with that backrest.  I currently have the classic leather tourpak, and it just so happens that I was looking on ebay and I came across a wrap around backrest off a premium tourpak for a great price.  So it arrived today and I removed the chopped backrest off the leather tourpak, only to find that the mounting bracket for the chopped backrest doesn't fit on the wrap around backrest.

Does anyone know if the wrap around backrest mounts directly into the premium tourpak, or is there a separate mount like with the classic leather tourpak?  If so, is there a separate part number that I could order just the mount, or will I have to fabricate something?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Leather tourpak help
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:12:55 PM »

Depending on what years parts you've got, the newer ones seem to take a standoff, while the older ones do not take a stand off.  You can probably fashion one to make anything work.

Welcome to the site!
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.