Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Road King®

My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK

<< < (2/18) > >>

OddN:
I've been playing with the Harley VIN-lookup together with a check digit calc, trying to replicate all VIN's for Brandywine SERK's and I think I have all 408 of them. Don't know if that is ok to display here in public?

Anyways, mine is the second bike of the 408 destined for California. That is assuming they came from the factory in the same order they received their VIN's, which probably wasn't always the case...

According to the ad from 2011 the bike was sold new at Orange County Harley-Davidson in Irvine in southern California and it spent most of its time in the San Diego area. Up to 2011 that is.

OddN:
Parts that I'm a little uncertain if I want to keep are the wheels, the nostalgic saddlebag guards and the 14" ape hangers.

The saddlebag guards are easy enough to remove, but I think I will try to adjust them first. As they now sits, they interfere too much with the flames on the bag itself, and they are not even parallell with the bottom of the bag. And that doesn't go to well with my self diagnosed OCD (or was it CDO?)  :)

The apes are growing on me as I ride, so maybe they can stay. I kind of like the look.

Wheels... Wire wheels are nice, but this setup with 18" both front and rear just doesn't look right in my eyes. So I think I will either try to find a set of original 16" Centerlines, or I will take the wire wheel setup a little further and get a 21" for the front. That would go nicely with the apes and the bikes early history beeing from So Cal. Maybe going for a Vicla style bike.

SIKBIRD:
Sweet ride!  If you were in the states I’d buy those wheels for my dad’s RK (I think they look great)! I agree with you about ditching the saddlebag guards they just don’t go well with the clean lines of the bike (IMHO).

OddN:
As far as inspiration goes, there are two threads here that immideately caught my eye, one is the Long term project of Twolanerider, an extremely well built and tastefully modified SERK, the other one is the Shop bike of Black Diamond, also a well built bike with some very nice addons.

Actually I really did like the Corbin solo seat on my bike, that is, until I saw the C&C seat Black Diamond had on his. Now I can't get that solo seat with the stingray inlays out of my head, and I think it will be only a matter of time before I give C&C a call to see if the can make another one...

OddN:

--- Quote from: SIKBIRD on September 03, 2020, 09:28:32 AM ---Sweet ride!  If you were in the states I’d buy those wheels for my dad’s RK (I think they look great)! I agree with you about ditching the saddlebag guards they just don’t go well with the clean lines of the bike (IMHO).

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I tend to agree with you on the guards, but I will try to adjust them first. But it won't come as a surprise if I ditch them altogether.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version