Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: exhausting search  (Read 21878 times)

RedFXR2

Re: exhausting search
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 10:23:22 AM »

I'm interested in a 2-1, and I like that look, but I want something that sounds a bit deeper than the straight shots.  I've been riding them for 7 years and need a deeper sound  .........

Mikey--What baffles do you have in your Straight Shots, if any?  I found that using V&H's own Quiet Baffles (V21869) brought a deeper tone to mine.  If it helps, here's a video:

I would add that Khrome Werks HP-Plus baffles can be bought to fit these pipes as well.  They aren't quite as deep in tone but have a pleasing sound running at mid RPM's and a nice cat's purr "inhale" between gears.  I had them before the Quiet Baffles and still swap them out once in a while.  Bottom line is that you can play (a bit) with the tone of your pipes with different internal baffles.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:09:33 AM by RedFXR2 »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 01:44:53 PM »

Red -
whatever baffles came stock in the pipes when I got them in 2001
if there were baffles in there then, they are propably burnt out by now

THANKS so much for the lead on the V&H quiet baffles, I'll ck that out and give that some SERIOUS CONSIDERATION
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

sctilt

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »

I realize this is an old thread but I was able to pick up a set of the Kerker/Supertrapp pipes (#65212-86B) brand new in the box. The only problem is there isn't any mounting hardware so I'm wondering that those of you that may have these pipes on their FXR could let me know how these are mounted to the machine. Are the two pipes connected via a rubber mount grommet on the muffler tabs and then to the transmission/frame? I have pictures of the oem mounting hardware but that's about it Any suggestions would be helpful as I may have to fab. some brackets to mount the pipes. Even better would be to locate the oem stuff which I'm sure is a reach at this point as I have contacted Supertrapp and the stuff is as most already know obsolete. Thanks for any input!

Robin-99FXR3

• Robin
  • FXR3 in current form w/Kerker/HD exhaust

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 08:52:19 PM »

Just read your post. I will take the cover off the FXR3 and refresh my memory tomorrow.  I too found a set brand new in the box on eBay after looking for a long time. My kit came with all mounting hardware. Let me know if you want specific pictures and I'll try to help out...

sctilt

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 05:14:36 AM »

Robin...thanks for the response. Yes some pics of the specific mounting areas would be great. If you want you may forward them to sctilt@gmail.com. Appreciate all the assistance!

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »

Those look like Stortz pipes ( I think that how you spell it) I seen a bike at the swap meet at Carlisle PA with the same pipes but in a matt stainlenn finish and the looked great and sounded awsome.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »

Robin...thanks for the response. Yes some pics of the specific mounting areas would be great. If you want you may forward them to sctilt@gmail.com. Appreciate all the assistance!

Were you able to install the exhaust? Did you find the mounting brackets? the same happened to me. I found a set but without the mounting brackets... :nixweiss:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Just read your post. I will take the cover off the FXR3 and refresh my memory tomorrow.  I too found a set brand new in the box on eBay after looking for a long time. My kit came with all mounting hardware. Let me know if you want specific pictures and I'll try to help out...

Robin...I found a set but without the mounting bracket....how are they? Any picture? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

sctilt

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »

Were you able to install the exhaust? Did you find the mounting brackets? the same happened to me. I found a set but without the mounting brackets... :nixweiss:

AJ...no I have not as of yet installed them as I have been very busy with other projects however it looks to be not that big of a task. You will need at the least (2) 1 3/4" pipe clamps. The "P" style will work better in this case as well as various nuts/bolts. The pictures Robin sent me show both pipes clamping to the transmission with small L brackets but you could probably mount the front pipe to the engine if you already have a bracket there although it wouldn't be as clean a look. The biggest deal will be where the mufflers bolt together. There they bolt up to a rubber mount bracket which then bolts to the swingarm pivot on the frame. If Robin hasn't sent you pics already let me know and I will send them to you. I'll get some pics of my setup after it's done as well if you like.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »

AJ...no I have not as of yet installed them as I have been very busy with other projects however it looks to be not that big of a task. You will need at the least (2) 1 3/4" pipe clamps. The "P" style will work better in this case as well as various nuts/bolts. The pictures Robin sent me show both pipes clamping to the transmission with small L brackets but you could probably mount the front pipe to the engine if you already have a bracket there although it wouldn't be as clean a look. The biggest deal will be where the mufflers bolt together. There they bolt up to a rubber mount bracket which then bolts to the swingarm pivot on the frame. If Robin hasn't sent you pics already let me know and I will send them to you. I'll get some pics of my setup after it's done as well if you like.

Thanks mi amigo.....I haven't received any answer from Robin yet so I would appreciate if you send me the pictures to my email address. Yes, please send me pictures when is done and the list of the partes needed and where do you get them...
jgomez@full-protection.com

Again I really appreciate your help. The idea is to install this exhaust in a FXR4.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 06:59:37 PM »

soooooooooo

after all this time ..... any pictures of the aforementioned pipes installed  ?

Inquiring minds need to know

:worthless:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »

Call SuperTrapp from web site punch in ext. 121 (Bruce). If it's available he will know. They list Kerker on there web page.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »

Thanks PKL !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.