Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just finished changing over the shocks  (Read 1149 times)

omgtkk

Just finished changing over the shocks
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:37:07 PM »

The adjusting collar on the right side shock on my FXR2 was frozen solid at the fully soft position.  I needed to do something since the ride just wasn't working for me.  I checked Ebay to see what was available and there was a nice, new set of 12" Progressive 418's for $250.  Then I was directed to RedfXR2's post http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=19509.0 thanks to Elvislee.  There just happened to be a set of these Billet Sportster shock up for auction at the same time.  Starting at $149 and no bidders.  So I snatched them up and they arrived today.  As reported by Red, the bushings are about 1/4" wider than the FXR shocks and the springs are slightly different.  Also, the end caps are chromed rather than polished aluminum.  But they are otherwise identical.  So I switched out the bushings and bolted them up.  The Progressives may have been a better shock, but I'm looking for authenticity with this bike and these shock are as close as can be found right now.  Here's a pic of the finished install:

elvislee

Re: Just finished changing over the shocks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »

Hey...Good deal Man....They be looking good  :2vrolijk_21: I was thinking along the lines of the progressive 412's when the time comes but now there's two of ya went this route and it's nice to know.

RedFXR2

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:18:08 PM »

Glad it worked out for you.  Thanks for the referral, Blaine. :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 01:29:46 AM »

Glad it worked out for you.  Thanks for the referral, Blaine. :2vrolijk_21:

Hey...That's why were here...Gotta look out for each other  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.