Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Sales People Calling  (Read 4216 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Harley Sales People Calling
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »

Man. I can not believe the Harley salesman calling me wanting to sell m e a new Bike!  He offered me 5000 bucks.Then he asked what shape was the Bike in and what modifications were done. Then he offers me 6000 bucks.I hung up on him. He really made me mad. I called him back and told him that I am a Die Hard
EVO man. And I would not own a TC even if he gave ditto me for Free and hung up a2nd time!
Ltank

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Harley Sales People Calling
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »

Boy that is rude.  Who think a car salesman would dare try to sell a car.....  :huepfenlol2:

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »

Can't blame the guy for trying to do his job. Just sayin....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »

Guess that is why I look for vehicles (cars/bikes) when dealerships aren't open or online to decide what I want before even engaging in conversations w/sales people. IMO a salesperson job is to provide the/that service when requested not to initiate the sale.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

Man. I can not believe the Harley salesman calling me wanting to sell m e a new Bike!  He offered me 5000 bucks.Then he asked what shape was the Bike in and what modifications were done. Then he offers me 6000 bucks.I hung up on him. He really made me mad. I called him back and told him that I am a Die Hard
EVO man. And I would not own a TC even if he gave ditto me for Free and hung up a2nd time!
Ltank

I personally find it very funny that the same places that used to jerk people around and make them beg to put their name on a waiting list to get a chance to pay $3k over MSRP for a bike, now find themselves having to actually try to sell bikes and not just wait around for the sheep to wander into the showroom.  I get a big smile on my face every time I get another mailer or email from the local dealer claiming to want to buy my bike, and of course trying to sell me a new overpriced low quality POS and offering free stuff that isn't really worth more than a couple hundred bucks as an incentive.  Yeah sure, I'll run right over there for a $500 credit to spend on their overpriced Chinese accessories, while they try to steal my old bike and stick me for full price on a new one.  Duh!  Maybe when hell freezes over.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

I personally find it very funny that the same places that used to jerk people around and make them beg to put their name on a waiting list to get a chance to pay $3k over MSRP for a bike, now find themselves having to actually try to sell bikes and not just wait around for the sheep to wander into the showroom.  I get a big smile on my face every time I get another mailer or email from the local dealer claiming to want to buy my bike, and of course trying to sell me a new overpriced low quality POS and offering free stuff that isn't really worth more than a couple hundred bucks as an incentive.  Yeah sure, I'll run right over there for a $500 credit to spend on their overpriced Chinese accessories, while they try to steal my old bike and stick me for full price on a new one.  Duh!  Maybe when hell freezes over.

Jerry

So Jerry... I'm not sure I got what you are really trying to say. :oops: :D :huepfenlol2: :D :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »

The reason they call......The 'proven sucker' theory.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »

The reason they call......The 'proven sucker' theory.

:2vrolijk_21:      Yup, they look for people who currently own a Harley and assume those people haven't learned anything since the last purchase.  And I'm sure they find plenty of takers.  I've read a lot of posts around here since '05, and the number of people who have bitched and moaned about all the failures and lousy customer service who then turn around and buy a new one and start the same process all over again is pretty large.  Personally, I'm more of the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" type.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

Interestingly enough, with having 4 or 5 of the exact same bike sitting on the floor in a line, they still do not want to deal.  % or more years ago, you would never see anything other than a new Sportster on the floor by the time Laconia Bike Week hit.  Now they are still loaded in every color.  What really irks me is that they do not put any price tags on the bike to make you engage in a salesman conversation.  Then the conversation becomes the monthly payment after the trade in and nothing about the actual price.  A local dealer here sends out a boatload of fliers showing the used bikes with the original sticker price vs. the new lower price of XXXXX,.  Doh, it was the price 4 years ago and now used, of course it's less than when it was new.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.