Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: What was your first motorcycle and the circumstances behind it?  (Read 45306 times)

Rumblerider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic
Re: What was your first motorcycle and the circumstances behind it?
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »

I had this old Honda C110 when I was too young to get a license and used to ride it up and down the drive way.  I spent many hours working on that bike, taking it apart and even splitting the cases one time to fix a shifter problem.  I don't even remember what happened to that thing.  I remember buying lots of parts and being really amazed that they almost always had what I needed.  Later I bought a Honda SL100 (got my license), then a 72' Yamaha MX 250 (with lots of tricked out work on it), then an Honda CB450.  Lots of great memories on all of those machines....

V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals, SERT, GMR Performance Dyno Tune, Custom Dynamics Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals,  Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz for Front Signals, H-D DayMaker Head Lights and Aux Lights, and of course the Custom Billet Works "Screamin Eagle" on the Tour Pack!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »

1972 SL-350 Honda was the first one I actually bought and paid for. LOVED it. Shop I worked at then was a Hooker Warehouse, they gave us chrome headers for the SL and we thought the sound was the best.

BSCVO09

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »

This is a pic of the first bike I owned, many years ago about 1972. This isn't "the" bike but one like it...I had never rode a bike before so it wasn't but a few days and my dad was showing me how to do my first clutch job...lol. Those were good times...it was a Suzuki B120.

Highrider

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2015, 09:53:30 PM »

My 1st motorcycle was a 1968 BSA 500 . I was 16 and it looked nice for the money. It was purple. I had it 2 years and then bought a new 1971 Bsa Lightning, My Harley days started in 1973

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »

1972 SL-350 Honda was the first one I actually bought and paid for. LOVED it. Shop I worked at then was a Hooker Warehouse, they gave us chrome headers for the SL and we thought the sound was the best.
I had one of those back in the 70's. Those alligator foot pegs destroyed my shin many times when kicking it over. Mine was blue and silver and my younger brother still has it although he hasn't ridden it in years.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »

I had this old Honda C110 when I was too young to get a license and used to ride it up and down the drive way.  I spent many hours working on that bike, taking it apart and even splitting the cases one time to fix a shifter problem.  I don't even remember what happened to that thing.  I remember buying lots of parts and being really amazed that they almost always had what I needed.  Later I bought a Honda SL100 (got my license), then a 72' Yamaha MX 250 (with lots of tricked out work on it), then an Honda CB450.  Lots of great memories on all of those machines....

I remember all these & honda 350 scrambler with the exhaust up high like that, burning the girls legs while they rode on back in their bikini's. some had really severe burns on such nice looking peanut butter legs (thighs)
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »

I think it was a '55 or '56 triumph 500 cc that i bought second or third hand from a guy for 200 dollars. 

Next bike was a '68 sportster i bought while i was in Army Flt Training at Fort Rucker, Al., bought from Potter HD, in Albany, Ga, brand new, 1500 dollars. (list was 1700)

This guy represented how it use to be.

A really small shop two bikes a 74 and the sportster in a small show room area, i think wooden floor. The other half was his service area.  On the wall were all pictures of him racing flat track on a sportster.  As far as i know a one man operation.

He told me to go down the street, have a hamburger and come back in about an hour and she'd be ready to go.

And he said i needed a helmet and thru one in.

Then before i left he told me to come back in about 30 days or so and he'd look the bike over change the oil and make any adjustments that were needed.  All part of his standard deal.

I stopped by to see him after graduating from flt school on my way to nam, he said please stop and see me when you get back.

I regret that i never got back to see him, i am sure he got gobbled up a major HD taj mahal operation, progress?????
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:45:40 PM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2015, 11:22:16 PM »

My first bike was a Honda 250 Scramler in 1961...had for a year then off to college. Didn't get another bike until the early 80's, a 1976 KZ1000. First Harley wasn't until 2007. Had 4 since...think I'm done!😎
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

AirCav101

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2015, 09:52:31 AM »

I was 21 in the Army just got done with a vacation in Bosnia.... dreaming of buying a CBR900RR yellow no doubt... well I settled for a New 98 CBR600F3 the bike was bad ass...

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »

1958 Honda 50.  3 speed, no clutch, top speed about 55 MPH.  I carried a bottle of fuel additive under the cool banana seat.  I used to ride around Newport Beach with no helmet, no shirt, no shoes and OP swim trunks.  The good old days!

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »

Traded my 72 Rupp American snowmobile in on a 72 Kawasaki 100 Trail Boss. It had a Hi and Lo transmission.
And a Torque aftermarket pipe that was crazy loud.

Not my pic but this is what the bike looked like right down to the luggage rack, and the dents. I think mine came stock with chrome fenders front and back also. LOL
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »

My first bike was a Yamaha 750 Maxum, Road that everywhere, longest trip was up into Canada.
As a kid I rode my cousins Honda like the 1 in DipSitck's post, it was all white, we made a few home videos pretending we were in 007 movies, man those were some fun times.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

GDavidHughes

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2016, 11:16:46 PM »

KZ900, Boy was that thing fast and I had no ideas of the fundamentals of riding. Don't know how I survived.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »

KZ900, Boy was that thing fast and I had no ideas of the fundamentals of riding. Don't know how I survived.

That bike was the bomb in those days, and the dream of every kid.  I never owned one, but I knew I was missing greatness!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2016, 12:23:07 AM »

That  bike was my only mode of transportation in college and like you I have no idea how I survived..
Alan
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.