Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade  (Read 96516 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »

Terry, would sending my forks to them and installing here work out OK?  It doesn't sound like they did much "on" the bike adjustment, their time was in the install on the bench.  Is that correct?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »

Terry, would sending my forks to them and installing here work out OK?  It doesn't sound like they did much "on" the bike adjustment, their time was in the install on the bench.  Is that correct?

Roger, that is correct, all the adjustment is done while installing the parts on the bench.  They can lower or raise the suspension, to a point, but if you have a stock configuration, they pull the stats for the bike's weight, etc, and the tech who builds the fork does all the setup.  He is VERY precise in how he does the work.  If you shipped the forks, I feel certain that they would complete the work in a day, then ship them back to you.  Talk to Mike or Dan...since they have done both an 05 and 06, they now know the differences in the bikes and it would be a no-brainer for them.  The forks have adjusting knobs on top...if you are not happy with the setup, it is possible, by removing the inner cap again, to make it firmer or softer, but only requires 1/4 turns of the "star" shaped chrome adjuster on top of the forks.  I don't think mine could get any better than the way they have it now.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »

Sweet, maybe when I go in for my recall it will be enough of an excuse to get the tear down and ship them out.  Sounds like we might be able to get it all done in a week or so with 2 day air each way.  Ship on Friday, there on Monday, Tuesday install at Traxx, return Wednesday, install Friday afternoon......Looks good on paper anyway.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 01:12:30 AM »

Rog, the majority of their work is mailed back out.  That's what they're geared up for.  2-3 bikes a day is all they could really handle in the shop and that wouldn't make their nut.

From my experience on that Road King you can learn from my mistake.  The people there know what they're doing.  So if you send them parts for work when they're returned don't back off the setting thinking you'll then adjust it up to its best feel.  They'll ask you for your weight, your passenger's weight, other data about the bike and it's use.  You'll get the legs back ready to go on.  In both TC's and my case they bolt them up and neither of us had to readjust a thing.  The system is adjustable.  But they nailed it during assembly of the legs.

So, in short, you can send in the slider assemblies (upper and lower).  They'll do their work and send them back to you ready to reinstall.  Your installer won't need to know anything about the Traxxion Dynamics kit to do the work.  He'll only have to know how to take the legs out and put them back in.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 01:14:09 AM »

Thanks Don and Terry, sounds like I need to get this done.  I had thought about it in the last month or so reading aobut them, but you two have convinced me it is a "must do" for my style of riding.  Thanks again for the updates and info.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 01:19:12 AM »

Rog, in response to how their time is spent you're correct (pretty much). 

Goldwings for them are a virtuoso performance.  Nose is stripped clean in 15 minutes.  All their system is a much simpler install as that's the big part of their market.  It's what they've built systems for.  Chuck and I watched them start a Goldwing at 2:30 and have it done just before 5:00 on the same day they started mine at 9:00 AM and finished at 6:15.

It's just a lot more of a "one-off" job for them doing this inside Harley legs.  And they see so few they don't have the speed down like they do for other bikes.  They also know they have to be more careful around our painted sheet metal fenders and other parts than they do something like the Goldwing plastic fender halves that you just about can't scratch.

So, yes, send them your parts.  They're shop is very clean and very efficient.  They spend almost as much time making sure your parts are cleaned and prepped before and during the work as they do any actualy machining and assembly work.  Visiting the shop was a surprisingly worthwhile experience.  But if someone can take your legs in and out visiting the shop is by no means a requirement.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 01:20:46 AM »

Thanks Don and Terry, sounds like I need to get this done.  I had thought about it in the last month or so reading aobut them, but you two have convinced me it is a "must do" for my style of riding.  Thanks again for the updates and info.

You'll be surprised at how much more comfortable the bike just running down the interstate.  A real stable front wheel ends up making a hell of a lot of difference and does so in ways that hadn't been anticipated beforehand.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 05:05:15 PM »

Don and Terry,
Great write up. I actually called on Friday while Terry's bike was being done to find more out about pricing. with the group buy thing I had decided to go ahead and get the install done since had Legends put on rear. I am looking toward mid April to ride up ( about 4 and 1/2 hrs from southeast Ga to ATL) and have done at their shop. Mike said to give him about 3 to 4 day notice to clear time for install. thanks again for report, john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »

Don and Terry,
Great write up. I actually called on Friday while Terry's bike was being done to find more out about pricing. with the group buy thing I had decided to go ahead and get the install done since had Legends put on rear. I am looking toward mid April to ride up ( about 4 and 1/2 hrs from southeast Ga to ATL) and have done at their shop. Mike said to give him about 3 to 4 day notice to clear time for install. thanks again for report, john

John...I was actually in his office area when he was talking to you.  Since you won't be losing an hour, they should be able to get you in and out by quitting time with no problem.  They have a fridge stocked with soft drinks and other cold beverages, but if you don't eat prior to arrival, and can't bum a ride with one of them to the nearest deli or something, better take a sandwich.  There is nothing within walking distance of their place.  It's just a small industrial park with 10 or so other Butler Buildings, stuck in the middle of a predominately residential neighborhood.  If you think the Legends were an improvement, just wait until you feel this change!!

TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »

Don and Terry, I got out for a little putt putt yesterday and hit the backroads. 

They aren't the best for road quality, many are oiled and rocked to maintain them so the surfaces are uneven and at times a bit washboarded.

The entire time listening and especially feeling my front forks flop around all I could think of was the difference I am anticipating with the new inserts.  Now I need to get it done ASAP, as my riding enjoyment level was just reduced by some factor knowing that it could be much better.

Thanks again for getting yours done and Terry thanks for the group buy and help you have given all of us on the Traxxion conversion :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »

For a company that saw very little to no Harley work it seems that our finding out about them has generated at least a little bit of work.  Aside from mine to start and Terry's the next day they're going to catch Chip and John and Bob and Roger and lord knows who else right away.  Howie will be there in the fall (if not before).  So, just curious, just how many other eager beavers are going for the happy front end?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 11:57:29 AM »

Don and Terry, I got out for a little putt putt yesterday and hit the backroads. 

They aren't the best for road quality, many are oiled and rocked to maintain them so the surfaces are uneven and at times a bit washboarded.

The entire time listening and especially feeling my front forks flop around all I could think of was the difference I am anticipating with the new inserts.  Now I need to get it done ASAP, as my riding enjoyment level was just reduced by some factor knowing that it could be much better.

Thanks again for getting yours done and Terry thanks for the group buy and help you have given all of us on the Traxxion conversion :2vrolijk_21:

Roger...those are exactly the kind of road surfaces where you will notice the most dramatic differences.  I am looking forward to hearing from others who make this change...I know of at least four others who will be doing this work within the next month or so, and am looking forward to their report as well.  Let me know how the transaction goes, and of course we will all be looking forward to your report on the performance.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 12:01:39 PM »

For a company that saw very little to no Harley work it seems that our finding out about them has generated at least a little bit of work.  Aside from mine to start and Terry's the next day they're going to catch Chip and John and Bob and Roger and lord knows who else right away.  Howie will be there in the fall (if not before).  So, just curious, just how many other eager beavers are going for the happy front end?

After some of the guys visit B'ham for the AMA races later next month and ride my bike, there may be others... ;)

I wonder how their suspension would feel on something like the V, which has 34 degree rake?  Still has the typical HD front end...mushy.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 12:08:08 PM »

After some of the guys visit B'ham for the AMA races later next month and ride my bike, there may be others... ;)

I wonder how their suspension would feel on something like the V, which has 34 degree rake?  Still has the typical HD front end...mushy.

Terry, I'm afraid that Howie won't make it home on time after his pick-up ride in a month or so also.  Sometime during the couple days I'll be in the east bound caravan I know he'll be trying out the red bike for awhile.  After that the SERK might find itself making a hard turn southeast  :mango: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 01:12:24 PM »

Terry, I'm afraid that Howie won't make it home on time after his pick-up ride in a month or so also.  Sometime during the couple days I'll be in the east bound caravan I know he'll be trying out the red bike for awhile.  After that the SERK might find itself making a hard turn southeast  :mango: .

Tell me about it Don. This does tend to happen from time to time. The better the bike get's improved, the more detours seem to occur! Weird. Very strange cooincidence! But I'll be able to catch you riding your bike, at least before next winter's work anyway! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 24 queries.