Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: alloy art TXR  (Read 5419 times)

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 06 SEFB
    • CVO2: 07 SEUC [gone]
    • CVO3: 15 SESG
Re: alloy art TXR
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »

you're right, it's the absence of the tweaking rear as you go through the twisties that really makes a difference.  Going out to run up to Ojai and back; we'll see what's there [or not there anymore.....]
and you're right, it's sounding like marketing BS to cover up that fact that the systems are all doing the same thing at the end of the day.  Got to differenctiate themselves somehow.
Bikers know why dogs stick their heads out the window....

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »

OK:
Installed the TXR; have run about 1500 miles with it on; makes a huge difference!  I notice it the most through the fast twisties [Angeles Crest last weekend was a real eye opener.]  Seems much more stable at cruising speeds on the freeway.  It does make you notice how soft and wallowing the suspension is, so I bit the bullet and am getting the Traxxion upgrade [Thanks Hoist for the 'buy another set of legs' suggestion; Mike got right on it and I'm looking good for delivery in time to check it out on the run to Reno next weekend.]
I've attached a pic of the TXR, and for humor, a pic of the latest iteration of the trutrack.  Easy to see that they operate in the same basic way, but with differences.... the trutrack bolts up solid, and the TXR has some play as you can see in the pix....

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:53 PM »

Missed the TXR pic-here it is

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »

I'm not sure which is better, but just from looking at the geometry of the two, the true track looks like it is setup better to hold the sideways force of the motor/trans verses the TXR, just my opinion.

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »

I am in the process of deciding between the two.  It appears that the TXR may have some adjustment ability in it, although the Tru-Track looks sturdier having the boxed case instead of just spacers.

Can the TXR be adjusted? If so is there a reason to need to adjust it?
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »

Just got off the phone with Alloy Arts; spoke with Robbie, the owner.   Yes, it can be adjusted so that, if you want, it's locked down in the same way a true track is.  You can also adjust so that you're not getting all of the vibration/power pulse from the engine. You might want to call them direct for a better explanation; they have also brought out a self-leveling air suspension that uses Bilstein shocks... looks promising. You get Bilstein performance with level adjustment depending on the load.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 08:47:33 AM »

OK:
Installed the TXR; have run about 1500 miles with it on; makes a huge difference!  I notice it the most through the fast twisties [Angeles Crest last weekend was a real eye opener.]  Seems much more stable at cruising speeds on the freeway.  It does make you notice how soft and wallowing the suspension is, so I bit the bullet and am getting the Traxxion upgrade [Thanks Hoist for the 'buy another set of legs' suggestion; Mike got right on it and I'm looking good for delivery in time to check it out on the run to Reno next weekend.]
I've attached a pic of the TXR, and for humor, a pic of the latest iteration of the trutrack.  Easy to see that they operate in the same basic way, but with differences.... the trutrack bolts up solid, and the TXR has some play as you can see in the pix....

Before anyone goes out and buys the new true track stabilizer shown here, let me give you my experience/opinion of this product.  I purchased this unit two weeks ago and installed on my bike for two reasons: 1) I regularly run 100+ and take sweeping turns at 85-90, my bike is pretty solid but on occasion I will experience a little wobble so wanted to try, 2) this new unit is advertised as being designed for the bigger motors and I have a 120, I felt this was the model to use.  Also purchased the cross member straightening tool as mine was a little bent and true track is very specific about the straightness of the cross member to ensure proper installation.

Once the cross member was straightened (excellent tool btw), I installed the true track per instructions.  Very important everything goes together without any binding, loosely assemble on bike then tighten bolts similar to a sequence you would use to torque oil pan bolts, heads, etc. by alternating right-left-front-back.  Once this was done, took a test ride.  PROBLEM:  this unit transmits an unacceptable level of vibration into the bike.  True Track claims it will not if installed properly and of course motor mounts, swing arm bushings etc. must be good, however, these were all recently changed out (and then some) on my bike and it rides smooth as glass without the true track installed.  I removed and re-installed again just to make double sure I did everything right, still too much vibration.  My assessment is that the design is bad.  The triangular piece does not allow the engine to "rotate" about it's axis while maintaining correct alignment.  In other words there is not enough "flexibility" to absorb normal engine vibration, therefore that vibration is transmitted to the frame.

I am returning the unit and don't know if I should go the the old true track or try the alloy art.  My dealer has an alloy art in stock and recommends.  I will probably make a try it or return it deal just to see if these units really make a difference for the type of riding I do.  As I said, bike is pretty solid without it and there are a lot of other factors that contribute to high speed wobble.  I am pretty anal about maintaining my bike mechanically so if there is any doubt I change it out.  We shall see.

Anyone experience vibration issues after installing one of these stabilizers?   
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 10:17:20 AM »

Pete, a couple of years or so ago a group of us bought the "other" option; the Ride Str8 device.  Over three group buys there were probably 35-40 that got it.  I do remember one person complaining of picking up vibration with that one also.  Different piece of hardware then you're considering here.  But he also had a big motor in the bike it was going to go on.  He sold his to yet another member who didn't have any issues with it.

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
Alloy Art Touring XR Stabilizer ?
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »

Anyone installed this unit? Looks pretty good, looking for option's to buying True - Track or Ridestr8 for 08 Ultra.
Jim

http://www.alloyart.com/products/txr.html
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Alloy Art Touring XR Stabilizer ?
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »

There is currently a thread about this product in this board. This post/thread will be merged w/existing.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »

Pete-

No additional vibration from the standard True Track on mine.  After the TT I added Stabo bushings and had a vibration.  Removed the Stabo's and all good again (with just the std TT). 

Look at the TT in Group Buys and you can purchase  the std one for less than $300   ..

Bob
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 06:51:32 PM by Boatman »

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »

I have to find something else since I have a center stand installed

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50:01 AM »

I have to find something else since I have a center stand installed

Sta-Bo bushings are designed to do the same thing. They're invisible, less expensive and won't interfere with your stand.  :)

:indian_chief:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.464 seconds with 21 queries.