Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Wheel recall (Blade Wheels cracking)  (Read 35090 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Wheel recall (Blade Wheels cracking)
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2010, 01:14:53 AM »

No, fortunately, mine came from Jim's (Jim Glide) bike.  He and I are riding tomorrow so I'll get the VIN and have the dealership run it throuh HDnet.com if he hasn't done that already.

The wheel in question is from the set that I bought on ebay last week, for Terrie's bike.  They are take offs from the dealership in Racine, Wis.

Fortunately, the MoCo is replacing all the wheels on the recall list.......even if you don't have a matching coresponing VIN number.  Because they sold a number of sets of these wheels over the counter to non CVO bikes, the matching VIN isn't necessary. :2vrolijk_21:

I dropped the wheel off tonight at Eagle's Nest.  They'll be on it first thing Monday (they're open 7 days a week till 6:00 p.m.)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »

What do the dealers do with the take off's..... re-sell them to the public.  :nixweiss: Seems they would have to send them back to MOCO to claim their recall.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2010, 09:34:49 AM »

When a customer buys a bike and has a new set of wheels (or anything else put on) put on then sometimes the customer will just leave the take off stuff.  And the dealerships will sell that stuff on ebay.  It's very common.

In this case, the guy from the dealership said that this wheel was supposed to have been checked for the recall and it cleared.  Sounds like somebody didn't do their job.  Anyway, he did say that he sent me an email late last night saying that he'd get me a new wheel or a refund.....whichever I wanted.  Just sent him an email telling him that the wheel is already being replaced by the MoCo through a dealership out here but that I'd like $100 back for all the trips and all the BS that I've gone through in the past three days, with the dealership and the MoCo.  We'll see.

The main thing is the wheel is being replaced.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »

Had my SERG inspected 3 months ago and my wheel was identified as being one of the recalled lot. Dealer assured me it was fine to ride on until new wheel came in. Called in a couple weeks, no wheel yet. A month later, still no wheel. 2 months...same. Then last week at 3 months, dealer calls and says they need to get the bike back in the shop because they've been directed by MOCO to look at the wheel again. WTF?!? Anyone know what the scoop is?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2010, 03:12:39 PM »

Removing  the tire and check the number stamped inside of the rim .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »

Removing  the tire and check the number stamped inside of the rim .

Yes, they did that once and said it was in the recall range... now they want to look at it again. Anyone know if the recall criteria changed... or WTF they want to look at it again for?

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2010, 09:08:02 PM »

I finally got in to have mine checked and they said it needs to be replaced. I did not ask them how long it would take to get the wheel but I was surprised when they told me i could pick it up, as I thought they had to hold the bike until the wheel came in for liability reasons.   :nervous:     
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »

I finally got in to have mine checked and they said it needs to be replaced. I did not ask them how long it would take to get the wheel but I was surprised when they told me i could pick it up, as I thought they had to hold the bike until the wheel came in for liability reasons.   :nervous:     

Seemed odd to me too... especially when it has taken 3 months to get the wheel... and now they're not even sure they actually need to replace it.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

Seemed odd to me too... especially when it has taken 3 months to get the wheel... and now they're not even sure they actually need to replace it.

Maybe they obsolete and they dont know what to do but roll the dice.  ;)
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.