Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Andrew Hines wins at Summit Nationals  (Read 734 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Andrew Hines wins at Summit Nationals
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

NORWALK, Ohio - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Pro Stock Motorcycle at the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, Inaugural Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals:
W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Andrew Hines (Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 0.059 6.988 190.46
(L) Matt Smith (Torco Race Fuels Buell) 0.024 10.961 70.13

Hines has a six to two advantage in head to head match ups and he won the only final they raced earlier this year. Smith with the starting line advantage, but then has problems and his sitting up on the bike by 330 feet. Hines with a great pass for his second win this year and 10th overall. Hines is in third place and is less than two rounds behind Sampey in the points chase.

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Andrew Hines wins at Summit Nationals
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:23:58 PM »

Hines' Screamin' Eagle Harley-Davidson V-Rod Pro Stock Motorcycle got stronger as race day progressed with the 24-year-old racer running the quickest elapsed times of the final three rounds. In the final, he gave up a large .035-second reaction-time advantage to Smith but quickly zoomed by after Smith aborted his run just a few hundred feet into his pass.

"I finally got to the double-digit mark in wins," said Hines, who racked up his 10th career win Sunday. "My crew is the best. The bike went straight down the racetrack every pass and that's why I was able to post four six-second runs in a row like that. I think we've really figured this bike out.

"I'm already looking forward to Denver. It's going to be great to go back home on this bike coming off three finals in a row with two wins. 

"This was a great weekend for the entire class and all the different bikes had a chance to shine. Angelle [Sampey] was all over it on her Suzuki, Matt was No. 1 qualifier on a Buell, and we won the race on a Harley. I'd say it's pretty level right now."

It was a hard fought 20-point gain for Hines on Smith's lead in the POWERade points but he now finds himself just 108 points back in third place. Angelle Sampey is in second place, 79 points off the lead.

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 21 queries.