Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Since politics has invaded forum-Who buys the Global Warming issue?  (Read 17603 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Since politics has invaded forum-Who buys the Global Warming issue?
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »

I thought it was Eddie Munster?

Maybe it is.  Patrick played Munster in the 60's.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »

Good article, Screamin'!  There will be weeping and knashing of teeth in the environmentalist wacko, chicken little crowd.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »

Not sure how the anti-oil, anti-petroleum, anti-capitalistic, anti-business for profit types can use that article to their advantage. Makes them look like religious climate monkeys or lemmings, actually.

It's not really about Climate Change or Global Warming for the gurus of this so called "movement" - it's just an excuse for those who have some things they prefer to bash to bash away at.  Meanwhile the real folks in power in the "Energy conservation so called 'green' crowd" use as much energy as small developing nations & play a carbon credit shell game that is patently ridiculous.

Any, there is money to be made in being 'green' & so we go about making money in this venture also, but it's actually rather amusing, considering who REALLY pays or it.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2008, 08:03:08 PM »

Not sure how the anti-oil, anti-petroleum, anti-capitalistic, anti-business for profit types can use that article to their advantage. Makes them look like religious climate monkeys or lemmings, actually.

It's not really about Climate Change or Global Warming for the gurus of this so called "movement" - it's just an excuse for those who have some things they prefer to bash to bash away at.  Meanwhile the real folks in power in the "Energy conservation so called 'green' crowd" use as much energy as small developing nations & play a carbon credit shell game that is patently ridiculous.

Any, there is money to be made in being 'green' & so we go about making money in this venture also, but it's actually rather amusing, considering who REALLY pays or it.

You are right!   This is all about Power and money......if you can get all the sheep to follow you will get the money and power.
I try not to be a cynic but I see most Politicians shading the truth to favor their position. It may not all be deliberate but there sure is a pattern.
People should not tolerate any mis-truths or deliberate false hoods from any politician, 1 strike and you are out of the pool.
Unfortunately it has become acceptable because it is looked upon as fighting fire with fire as many profess.
Do not let anyone tell you that they can spend your money smarter than you can (that is just a lie!)

I made an observation a while back when I coached Little League Baseball and we had to get volunteers to umpire
many games.
That observation was the outcome was always influenced by the results desired. If you were on the team that was up to bat all close calls (and not so close calls) at the plate were mostly balls and the other team with the exact same vantage point had a completely different opinion of the outcome. Now the truth is the truth, but this was not about the truth, it was about the desired outcome and why things get so nasty. We all at times have rose colored glasses on, but do not forget the real quest and that has nothing to do with desired outcomes.......
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

I forget the name of the most famous Umpire ever, but he and two other famous Umpires were being interviewed about how they called a pitch.  The first one said, "I call them like I see them."  The second one said, "I call them like they are."  The most Famous one said, "They ain't nothing, 'till I call 'em."  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »

All this talk of Global Warming and similar issues is just a left wing tree hugging liberal plot to force the rest of us into depending less on fossil fuels, developing alternative energy sources and cleaning up the environment. I think we should make sure that the commie bastards don't suceeed. Hey, you know what ?  We can start by dumping raw sewage into the ocean like we used to when I was a kid. What liberal commie bastard came up with the idea that we need waste treatment plants anyway ? Screw that noise, think of the money we can save for tax rebates if we didn't have to spend a ton of it on waste treatment. And landfills ? Who's dumbass idea was that. Lets get back to good old fashion dumps where everything is just left out so those of us with an eye for the usefull and still needed could go pick it over - - - - :oops: That'd be "recycling" man those commie ideas have just completely infiltrated our country haven't they. We gotta stand up to this chit and get back to the good old days of livin our lives as we choose and screw what anybody else says.  YeeHaw, I'm gettin it now. Must be all those Larry the Cable Guy shows I've been watchin.

B B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »

All this talk of Global Warming and similar issues is just a left wing tree hugging liberal plot to force the rest of us into depending less on fossil fuels, developing alternative energy sources and cleaning up the environment. I think we should make sure that the commie bastards don't suceeed. Hey, you know what ?  We can start by dumping raw sewage into the ocean like we used to when I was a kid. What liberal commie bastard came up with the idea that we need waste treatment plants anyway ? Screw that noise, think of the money we can save for tax rebates if we didn't have to spend a ton of it on waste treatment. And landfills ? Who's dumbass idea was that. Lets get back to good old fashion dumps where everything is just left out so those of us with an eye for the usefull and still needed could go pick it over - - - - :oops: That'd be "recycling" man those commie ideas have just completely infiltrated our country haven't they. We gotta stand up to this chit and get back to the good old days of livin our lives as we choose and screw what anybody else says.  YeeHaw, I'm gettin it now. Must be all those Larry the Cable Guy shows I've been watchin.

B B

Yeah, I remember those days!  We used to go to the dump every Saturday, with our .22 Rifles, and hone our sharp-shooting skills killin' the Rats!  Some of 'em were as big as Cats, too!  Man, that was fun!  Later--HUBBARD

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2008, 12:57:26 PM »

I am sure it is illegal in California,to receive television transmissions of Larry the cable guy, oh hell home schooling is according to the California courts.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2008, 01:10:58 PM »

Just in, dateline Seattle:  Mayor Nichols demands that all cabs by Hybrids!

What has the world come to?

This from the San Francisco Chronicle:

The Hummer vs. the Prius

Monday, June 4, 2007

PITY THE poor Hummer. It seems as if almost everyone -- with our governor as the notable exception -- loves to pick on it as the big bad boy of environmental contamination.

But this is America. It shouldn't surprise anyone that someone would make the case that the Hummer is actually greener than the Toyota Prius and other hybrids that are the favorites of the "save the planet" crowd.

A 450-page report by the Oregon-based CNW Marketing Research, an "automotive marketing company," has come to this startling conclusion: The Hummer H1, H2 and H3 are more energy efficient than a Toyota Prius hybrid and many other smaller vehicles.

But what about all those reports that the Toyota Prius gets about 50 miles per gallon, and the Hummer averages about 8 to 10?

According to the CNW report, titled "Dust to Dust: The Energy Cost of New Vehicles from Concept to Disposal," that's not the way to calculate energy efficiency. You also have to factor in the amount of energy it takes to produce the vehicle before it gets on the road -- and the amount used to dispose of it.

By that calculation, the Hummer comes out far ahead. In "dollars per lifetime miles," a Prius' "energy costs" average $3.25 per mile, compared to a mere $1.95 per mile for a Hummer H3.

If that's correct, Gov. Schwarzenegger won't have to convert his fleet of Hummers to hydrogen fuel at all.

Enter the Pacific Institute, an Oakland-based environmental think-tank, with a counter-report alleging that the CNW report is based on "faulty methods of analysis, untenable assumptions, selective use and presentation of data, and a complete lack of peer review." Among its most flawed assumption: the average H1 Hummer is assumed to last 35 years, and travel 379,000 miles, while the average Prius is assumed to last only 109,000 miles over 12 years.

Change these "assumptions" and you end up with an opposite result -- that the Prius and others like it consume far less "lifetime energy" than monster vehicles such as the Hummer.

The lesson here is to beware of junk science. If you want to do your part to fight global warming, it probably doesn't make sense to trade in your Prius for a Hummer.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/04/EDGI7Q63U01.DTL

This article appeared on page B - 6 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 24 queries.