Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Since politics has invaded forum-Who buys the Global Warming issue?  (Read 17600 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: Since politics has invaded forum-Who buys the Global Warming issue?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »

We've been warming since the ice age, i'm not going for it :soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:29:50 PM by 110mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »

Climate change is the only way to think of this...weather patterns are changing.  Geez...this is not a conspiricy by the world's most prominent scientists to steal your tax dollars or make your life unpleasant.

How can 8 Billion of us NOT have an impact?  There is no question about it...we are part of the problem.  That fact is indisputable by any reasonable person.  Of course, if you choose to believe the moon is made of blue cheese, there's not a hell of a lot anyone is going to be able to say to convince you otherwise.

Most of the "scientists" who are disputing climate change are those who are paid by those who have an interest in things staying exactly as they are.

Al Gore is not the only one saying this, for chrisakes.

The weather records are contained in many things other than those man made, so how long we've been recording things is irrelevant to the argument.

Please stop sticking your nose out the front door to test for Global Warming.  This is serious chit, so do some open minded research on the subject.  Of course, if you've already got your mind made up, no sense in exploring alternative views/facts...they'll just confuse you.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »

Climate change is the only way to think of this...weather patterns are changing.  Geez...this is not a conspiricy by the world's most prominent scientists to steal your tax dollars or make your life unpleasant.

How can 8 Billion of us NOT have an impact?  There is no question about it...we are part of the problem.  That fact is indisputable by any reasonable person.  Of course, if you choose to believe the moon is made of blue cheese, there's not a hell of a lot anyone is going to be able to say to convince you otherwise.

Most of the "scientists" who are disputing climate change are those who are paid by those who have an interest in things staying exactly as they are.

The weather records are contained in many things other than those man made, so how long we've been recording things is irrelevant to the argument.

Please stop sticking your nose out the front door to test for Global Warming.  This is serious chit, so do some open minded research on the subject.  Of course, if you've already got your mind made up, no sense in exploring alternative views/facts...they'll just confuse you.

Just proloning the inevitable. While the people keep multipying like rabbits all over, eventually no matter what you do, this place will go "Tilt"! Who know's the ultimate destiny. Do we really have any control over it, or do we just impact it at the time, with no ultimate effect anyway. Mankind here is just one small phase of what this whole "perceived" thing is all about! Why do we think it's about us anyway? ::)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:46:31 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 12:49:57 PM »

Just proloning the inevitable. While the people keep multipying like rabbits all over, eventually no matter what you do, this place will go "Tilt"! Who know's the ultimate destiny. Do we really have any control over it, or do we just impact it at the time, with no ultimate effect anyway. Mankind here is just one small phase of what this whole "perceived" thing is all about! Why do we think it's about us anyway? ::)

Hoist! 8)

Mother Nature Will shake us off like a Bad Cold  ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »

Just proloning the inevitable. While the people keep multipling like rabbits all over, eventually no matter what you do, this place will go "Tilt"! Who know's the ultimate destiny. Do we really have any control over it, or do we just impact it at the time, with no ultimate effect anyway. Mankind here is just one small phase of what this whole "perceived" thing is all about! Why do we think it's about us anyway? ::)

Hoist! 8)

There are simply too many of us to ever be completely wiped out...it would be like trying to wipe out cockroaches.  The question is how would we prefer to reduce our impact...voluntarily, or not?  It WILL happen, one way or the other.  Certainly not in my lifetime, so I guess I should say 'ah, to hell with it, let somebody else deal with the problem'.  Just like I'd rather see people control the population by some other means than war, pestilence, or famine, but either way, it'll happen.  One way may be more pleasant than the other, however.

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

Mother Nature Will shake us off like a Bad Cold  ;D

:2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 12:59:12 PM »

basic astronomy tels us that "we" will not be here for ever nor will the ice caps. no it wont be in our life time, so we should do htings that can improve our short term longevity on this planet

Supernova for Dummies version:

Scientists say that a star's lifetime is around 10 billion years old, and right now the Sun is about 5 billion years old, so it should be (you can do the statistical math). When the Sun goes supernova, be ready to say bye bye to mommy.
         After 10 billion years is up the Sun will start to expand and swell up like a fat man at an all you can eat bar. As it increases in size, it will devour Mercury, Venus and com a little too close to home. As the temperature increases we will be toasted beings, actually dead ones. The crust of the sun would remain rather cool than normal, only about 3,000 kelvin. Its normal temperature is about 6,000 kelvin. Within a quick time the star's core collapses and then explodes, leaving a black hole, matter and some  heat from the sun being blown out into space. The explosion can be seen from many galaxies away due to the bright light it emits. Strong gravitational pulling occurs as the black hole sucks everything into oblivion. Now on your merry little journey to oblivion, planets, comets and mass objects may collide creating catastrophes within a catastrophe.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »

basic astronomy tels us that "we" will not be here for ever nor will the ice caps. no it wont be in our life time, so we should do htings that can improve our short term longevity on this planet

Scientists say that a star's lifetime is around 10 billion years old, and right now the Sun is about 5 billion years old, so it should be (you can do the statistical math). When the Sun goes supernova, be ready to say bye bye to mommy.
         After 10 billion years is up the Sun will start to expand and swell up like a fat man at an all you can eat bar. As it increases in size, it will devour Mercury, Venus and com a little too close to home. As the temperature increases we will be toasted beings, actually dead ones. The crust of the sun would remain rather cool than normal, only about 3,000 kelvin. Its normal temperature is about 6,000 kelvin. Within a quick time the star's core collapses and then explodes, leaving a black hole, matter and some  heat from the sun being blown out into space. The explosion can be seen from many galaxies away due to the bright light it emits. Strong gravitational pulling occurs as the black hole sucks everything into oblivion. Now on your merry little journey to oblivion, planets, comets and mass objects may collide creating catastrophes within a catastrophe.

Duat to dust!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »

No doubt, something like this will happen.

The next 50-100 thousand years is what concerns me.  I'll be dead, but I'm trying to think about those of you who have children, and what future generations might face because of present generations unwillingness to look past the end of our collective noses.

TTS Mastertune

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »

Climate change is the only way to think of this...weather patterns are changing.  Geez...this is not a conspiricy by the world's most prominent scientists to steal your tax dollars or make your life unpleasant.

Scientists would never exaggerate, shade the truth or lie to promote their own agenda to get a free grab at Federal Grants (Dollars) that would never happen. The Scientist on the other side are corrupted by money?

How can 8 Billion of us NOT have an impact?  There is no question about it...we are part of the problem.
Hitler was the earliest Global Warming Advocate he was trying to get rid of Half of us.

That fact is indisputable by any reasonable person.
this is what I love most....you are not reasonable if you not subscrib to that train of thought

Of course, if you choose to believe the moon is made of blue cheese,
enlighten me....it is not made of Blue cheese?   See we must be morons

there's not a hell of a lot anyone is going to be able to say to convince you otherwise.

See, if you disagree with the point view, the scientists must be corrupt

You would think they could come up with a better Poster Child than that! and you call GW a moron

Please stop sticking your nose out the front door to test for Global Warming.  This is serious chit, so do some open minded research on the subject.  Of course, if you've already got your mind made up, no sense in exploring alternative views/facts...they'll just confuse you.

I told you all (yall) we are just to stupid to understand
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »

I've told you once already...I am not in a pissing contest with you over this, I have not said or implied that anyone on this site was a moron.  If you cannot accept an alternative viewpoint without making it a personal attack, please take your responses directed straight at me to PM's, and we can really go at it, if that's what you want.

TTS Mastertune

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

guys lets keep it civil.... if we all believed the same htings we wouldnt need this thread in the first place
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »

So far I've seen a lot of words and not a lick of proof on anything.  Using the Don "Twolane" approach to global warming, I have photographic proof that global warming is, in fact, real.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 02:18:15 PM »

So far I've seen a lot of words and not a lick of proof on anything.  Using the Don "Twolane" approach to global warming, I have photographic proof that global warming is, in fact, real.

:devil:

That only leads to one question. What's next?  :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 02:23:39 PM »

Terry, I think you'll dig this one! ;D

http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/fiore/2006/08/hoax.html

Not an editorial from me. I just thought it was funny. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 24 queries.