Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: finally someone took a picture  (Read 1747 times)

lameduck

finally someone took a picture
« on: June 20, 2005, 01:23:15 AM »

Got her May 14th. Wife agreed to go for a ride, short, slow, safe.  Liked it enough to get jacket, helmet ,gloves, etc.  Got her back from 1st service yesterday, air cleaner, download, and modified screaming eagle pipes. Took her for a short ride this morning after more mods to pipes. Got it now, sounds low and semi loud. Wife shows visiting young female that pipes can be hot, burns hand, cold water, waterjel burn jel ,... wide birth. Asked her [wife] this evening if she'd like to go for a ride on the beast that burned her. After responding with something I can't print she decided to give her new outfit a try. Got her to bring her camera along as I am useless when it comes to pictures. Was able to get her up to 80 [kms] on one stretch [both] without any annoying raps to the helmet or pokes just below the ribcage just a few pops on decel. After ride was informed that the rest of the outfit was in order before that nice, easy, slow, safe trip down the washington coast to stay in B&BS every 400 kms a day max. Heated jacket, chaps, rainsuit, would be a good start. OBOY sure glad I sold the FXD with badlander seat so I can share my experiences!
Oh well,  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]at least I got pictures.
first attempt at attachment

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: finally someone took a picture
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 06:03:58 AM »

Congratulations Lameduck, what a wonderful story.  Love it, and I know you and the wife will love that bike.  Gorgeous looking.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

hd2003-se2005

Re: finally someone took a picture
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:01:33 AM »

Good story and beautiful bike Mr. Duck. (excuse me, that's Lameduck)

Put some miles on it and take the sunscreen.
The future is looking bright!

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 26 queries.