Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '06 CD player troubles  (Read 1725 times)

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
'06 CD player troubles
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:50:14 AM »

Anybody else having trouble with the CD player cutting out and/or skipping at speed?  It works fine in the garage, but as speed increases, it gets worse.  At 70 mph, it is virtually unusable.  I thought that perhaps the vibration from the speakers was partly at fault, but it drops out and skips even with a headset.  Also, one morning it was very humid and the thing wouldn't even play a CD.  Anybody?

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: '06 CD player troubles
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:09:38 AM »

Hey

I doubt very much it could be the speakers. There is a new download of firmware HD wants put in all 06 radios. If you go to the touring section of the Moco site, and click on the photo of the radio, you will see a download software button. Burn your own CD, load er in as per the destructions and away you go-this should do it IMHO-US dealers should also have this now and they will do it N/C

PEZ www.hogtunes.com
If the whole world was smart, us guys with half a brain would be in real trouble!

Mike103

• Junior CVO Member
  • High on the HOG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 11:43:29 AM »

Hey

I doubt very much it could be the speakers. There is a new download of firmware HD wants put in all 06 radios. If you go to the touring section of the Moco site, and click on the photo of the radio, you will see a download software button. Burn your own CD, load er in as per the destructions and away you go-this should do it IMHO-US dealers should also have this now and they will do it N/C

PEZ www.hogtunes.com

Thanks, but I checked it out and my radio has the current software from the factory.  It is a September build bike.  I guess I'll let the dealer figure it out.

I'm curious as to what the new software is supposed to fix?.?

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 09:16:47 PM »

No probs on my end while playing a CD, I did notice on reburned copies it skips every once in a while but not bad. To be honest I don't use the CD much as I enjoy XM 46 while riding. If you hear anything please advise on CD skipping

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 09:52:59 PM »

My CD player so far has worked fine, no problem sitting still or at 80 MPH. From what I understand the software update is has a lot to do with correcting the display problems.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 09:54:01 PM by 06ULTRASE »

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.