Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can Streak On Black Leather be Covered back Up?  (Read 1404 times)

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
Can Streak On Black Leather be Covered back Up?
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »

Gents:

On my 2007 CVO Road King saddlebags, there are what I can best described as whitish small streaks.  Almost like you took your fingernail or something and scratched down from the lid of the bag.  Is there a product out there I can use that would "re color" these black again ?      Its not bad, but certainly the bags look, well, like that have scratches and it takes away from an otherwise breautiful all blacked out look.

Wasn't sure if the products mentioned on the other posts - leather care products - would do the trick. Maybe I didnt find the right one ... ?

Thank you,

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: Can Streak On Black Leather be Covered back Up?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »

many products for that, HD has a leather black. had the same issue on my 05. used Meguires leather care.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

Gents:

On my 2007 CVO Road King saddlebags, there are what I can best described as whitish small streaks.  Almost like you took your fingernail or something and scratched down from the lid of the bag.  Is there a product out there I can use that would "re color" these black again ?      Its not bad, but certainly the bags look, well, like that have scratches and it takes away from an otherwise breautiful all blacked out look.

Wasn't sure if the products mentioned on the other posts - leather care products - would do the trick. Maybe I didnt find the right one ... ?

Thank you,

You can first apply some Leather Dye and then the products stated above.

2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 06:50:08 AM »

I use Doc Bailey's on mine, seems to help cover the finger nail scratches.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »

Thanks all.  Went with the Doc Baileys black.   BTW ... GLARE ... multiple coats, unreal and I have the black ice.  I think the product is well worth the price. What a difference.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 06:49:05 PM »

Two Wheels, WARNING DO NOT put Doc Baileys on your seat, If you do/have be ready to squeeze your butt cheeks to hold on. Slicker than goose chit  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 25 queries.