CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

GTS stereo

<< < (2/3) > >>

montcwby:

--- Quote from: harleychef2011 on February 18, 2020, 12:18:59 PM ---I had the same issue with XM.  I cancelled it.  Not worth it.  And on top of that they broadcast in mono, so sounds like chit.  You are better off using the XM app (if you have a subscription for your car, for example) through Apple Play or Bluetooth.

--- End quote ---

XM works great, thats pretty much all we listen to down here in Yuma, AZ. You get 20 miles out of town and all you can get on the radio is Spanish speaking stations.
And who told you that they only broadcast XM in Mono? FAKE NEWS!!!

Bobs14Limited:

--- Quote from: montcwby on February 18, 2020, 06:41:11 PM ---
And who told you that they only broadcast XM in Mono? FAKE NEWS!!!

--- End quote ---

That's the truth. I hear excellent stereo separation with the Harley 30K bluetooth headset.

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: harleychef2011 on February 18, 2020, 12:18:59 PM ---I had the same issue with XM.  I cancelled it.  Not worth it.  And on top of that they broadcast in mono, so sounds like chit.  You are better off using the XM app (if you have a subscription for your car, for example) through Apple Play or Bluetooth.

--- End quote ---
That does not sound correct.  Its been in stereo on every CVO I have had with XM and thats a few.  Its also in stereo in my F-150. 

Phreakyz:
I definitely agree that Sirius "Over the Air" does not sound very good.   I think poorer than FM.   But it is in stereo.    I think the Bit Rate for the data from the satellites is cut way down to reduce data size.     It reminds me of when I used to Rip my own .mp3s    if you did it at a lower bitrate, the file size was smaller, but the sound quality drops way off.

Still a great alternative if you will be travelling because your stations stay wherever you go, even when there is no cell coverage at all.   I also subscribe to the weather because in Ohio the radar can help you avoid the raindrops!

harleychef2011:

--- Quote from: Phreakyz on February 19, 2020, 08:27:23 AM ---I definitely agree that Sirius "Over the Air" does not sound very good.   I think poorer than FM.   But it is in stereo.    I think the Bit Rate for the data from the satellites is cut way down to reduce data size.     It reminds me of when I used to Rip my own .mp3s    if you did it at a lower bitrate, the file size was smaller, but the sound quality drops way off.

Still a great alternative if you will be travelling because your stations stay wherever you go, even when there is no cell coverage at all.   I also subscribe to the weather because in Ohio the radar can help you avoid the raindrops!

--- End quote ---

Ok... Ok... Yes, I used the wrong term (mono).  Sirius DOES broadcast in stereo but at an extremely high compression, which affects the overall sound quality and has very low definition.  Apps like Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora that broadcast in HD audio (higher bit rate) sound EXPONENTIALLY better through the system, in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version