Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: 2023 CVO's  (Read 26695 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: 2023 CVO's
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2023, 05:03:14 PM »

Well like being in a military environment, it's ones right to bitch and moan however they please.  So in all fairness and respect to BOTH sides, if Neal is going to make a specific "Bitch and moan about the new bikes" thread, he should also make a specific "Gee, these new bikes are wonderful and I just have to have one regardless of the price or options" thread too.  ::)
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »

Well like being in a military environment, it's ones right to bitch and moan however they please.  So in all fairness and respect to BOTH sides, if Neal is going to make a specific "Bitch and moan about the new bikes" thread, he should also make a specific "Gee, these new bikes are wonderful and I just have to have one regardless of the price or options" thread too.  ::)

Fair enough although I think all of this is more likely to make him inclined to start a new Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Beer Night thread to go along with the Friday night one!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2023, 06:05:04 PM »

BTW Ironhorse. Thanks for your service! I do not just support Harley's! I also had this made and installed it a couple years ago.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2023, 06:12:19 PM »

May I suggest a beer summit, I’ll supply the beer after a good day of riding.  :drink:

Or whatever you choose to drink. I do have a place in mind   ;D

Wut the hell was that maneuver

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2023, 06:41:21 PM »

May I suggest a beer summit, I’ll supply the beer after a good day of riding.  :drink:

Or whatever you choose to drink. I do have a place in mind   ;D

Thanks TN. Sounds like a great plan, and would like to take you up on it as long as it is one of the 43 states I am licensed to carry! This year my plan is to ride to Alaska! Next on my bucket list. You have to jump through many hoops to have protection going through Canada. :( Unless it is just Bear Spray.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2023, 06:42:33 AM »

Very True.  Plenty of bitching and moaning during my 20 year Navy career.

I've been a loyal Harley customer for a very long time.  Heck, have a Harley Tat on my arm, Navy Tat on the other one.

Both opinions can be valid and have their place.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2023, 07:33:49 AM »

Thanks TN. Sounds like a great plan, and would like to take you up on it as long as it is one of the 43 states I am licensed to carry! This year my plan is to ride to Alaska! Next on my bucket list. You have to jump through many hoops to have protection going through Canada. :( Unless it is just Bear Spray.

Just trying to show you some southern hospitality, not many carry bear spray here, we much prefer Squatch Stop.

Come ride with us in the Smoky Mountains this fall, during the day we ride, in the evening we sit around the camp fire and discuss just about anything.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2023, 09:53:24 AM »

Just trying to show you some southern hospitality, not many carry bear spray here, we much prefer Squatch Stop.

Come ride with us in the Smoky Mountains this fall, during the day we ride, in the evening we sit around the camp fire and discuss just about anything.

Thanks for the invite TN. Sounds like a great time and reminds of sitting around the fire in the evening with hunting buddies! My bear hunts also did not include spray.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2023, 03:34:06 PM »

All this non-Harley "gay" talk makes me think some of you (guys?) need to find other forums to go make out on.

So now back on topic...the 2023 CVO's still get/deserve attention.  Pricey yes...but, CVOs always have been high-dollar right from the start.  I remember the same bitch pitch from the early 2000's about CVOs being overpriced...its the same tune today.  Buy used/low mileage if you want to save some bucks...they're out there.
When your FLHRSEI2 came out, it's msrp was around $27k vs $17k for a regular roadking. Now a nicely equipped FLTRK is around $35k and the FLTRKSE is $54k+. Whole another ball game. BTW, if all the ex cvo riders left this forum, you would mostly be talking to yourself, lol!
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2023, 03:43:16 PM »

Fair enough although I think all of this is more likely to make him inclined to start a new Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Beer Night thread to go along with the Friday night one!

Not a bad idea, there are never enough beers or threads about beer.  As a fully retired curmudgeon, every day to me is Friday.  Or Saturday.  Doesn't matter. The calendar on my office wall is from 2019.  I think.  It could be 2017. Doesn't matter.  ;D  From experience if you drink enough beer every day will be like a Friday, but if you are employed I do not recommend this.

As far as the 2023 bikes Harley will sell as many as they make.  Eventually.  Not to me though. 

:drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2023, 04:52:09 PM »

BTW, if all the ex cvo riders left this forum, you would mostly be talking to yourself, lol!

I know, right! So many of us have either outgrown or graduated from the CVO platform. But we still hang together because we like to ride with people with know.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2023, 07:16:11 PM »

I know, right! So many of us have either outgrown or graduated from the CVO platform. But we still hang together because we like to ride with people with know.

Outgrown or graduated?  That is a tremendously condescending post.  Reading many of your other post over time I don't think (hope) you meant it that way but, a poor choice of words.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2023, 02:23:18 AM »

When your FLHRSEI2 came out, it's msrp was around $27k vs $17k for a regular roadking. Now a nicely equipped FLTRK is around $35k and the FLTRKSE is $54k+. Whole another ball game. BTW, if all the ex cvo riders left this forum, you would mostly be talking to yourself, lol!

Everything has gone up in price commensurate with the times....I paid $28k for my CVO in '03 and $200 (two hundred) for my 47' knuckle in 1969.... so, I fail to see the point. 

I didn't say anyone had to leave...but in case some of you hadn't noticed, this site started out known as FLHRSEI.ORG > CVOHARLEY.COM.  Which to me means its a site for Harley-F'n-Davidson CVO owners to talk about them & help each other out by sharing knowledge with some grumbling occasionally.  It's not really the place for espousing the gay love lust of BMW, HONDA, VICTORY & Etc and at the same time deep bash HD when some of you no longer even own one....so move on.   It's like talking about your f'n Prius on the Corvette Forum...you'd quickly see how kind & gentle those guys would be with you in a heartbeat....I won't even mention what goes on over at ARFCOM.

Just sayin people need know where they're at and stay in their own lane.   There endeth the lesson as Hubbard used to say. 

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2023, 05:12:27 AM »

The point is you haven’t bought a cvo since 2003 at least based on your signature profile. Riders like me were regular cvo customers who are not anymore. I still ride Harley’s, just won’t buy another cvo.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2023, 06:56:17 AM »

EZ

Come ride with us this fall. You'll gain a new appreciation of the members on this forum.

;D

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.