Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Trapper dog  (Read 45968 times)

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
Re: Trapper dog
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »

Great news... thanks for the update, Mark!

I visited Roger yesterday and am pleased to report he is making good strides.

I would say his improvement since the last time I saw him was exponential. He is now able to pull his left leg up. He only assists with his right arm to bring it in the last few inches. Other than that he can bend his knee and raise it up. He has pretty good strength in that leg too. I gave him a foot massage and he has good strength in the foot and ankle. He can move it in all directions. His left arm has improved too. While his grip is still not strong we played a good session of tug of war. He can pull and push with good strength. He just needs to strengthen the ability to raise and lower it.

Best of all, he’s starting on semi-solid food. He ate some applesauce without any problem. He also started sipping small amounts of water out of a cup on his own. All of this while the capped trach is still in place. The plan is to transition him to more semi-solid food and get him off the stomach tube. Once that happens he will start bulking up and getting stronger.

Roger’s thoughts can still be clouded, but he grasps the contexts of past, present and future. His short-term memory is still weak, as I had to remind him of Chuck and Marty’s visit. I told him of all the folks that are praying for him and pulling for him. This Thanksgiving Roger will spend it with his son Jake, daughter in law Rachel and grand daughter who are visiting from Texas. It is hoped he can have some soft, or mashed turkey day food!

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2019, 07:15:34 PM »

OMG, I haven't been on the CVO site in I don't know how long and this is like the 3rd post I read.
Roger & Melanie, you will be in our daily prayers from Trudy & I.  We often talk about you two and others and the great times we had with Nor Cal CVO when we lived in CA.

I spent 3 days the beginning of Oct in ICU with a DVT & PE.  All I can say is,  Roger, I hope you continue to have the same great care as I received during my short stay.  I cannot say enough good things about the ICU Dr's & Nurses.

We wish you a complete recovery and wishfully hope our paths will cross again one day.

Mark, thank you for the updates, I sent you a PM.

Bill(SklyWag) & Trudy(Broomie)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:40:59 PM by Sklywag »
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2019, 07:11:02 AM »

Glad to hear progress is being made, still on my prayer list, hoping for the best.

Phillip
Wut the hell was that maneuver

LAZine

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2019, 10:04:01 AM »

Can we get an update on Roger please?
Is he back home yet?

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »

Can we get an update on Roger please?
Is he back home yet?

Layla,

I visited Roger yesterday. He's doing better, although he had a slight set back. He's back in the hospital due to a fall. Melanie said he tried to get up out of his wheelchair on his own and unattended. He bruised his left hip and incurred a slight brain bleed. A follow up CT scan showed the bleeding has stopped.

The good news is that they have removed the trach and his throat is closing up nicely. His voice sounds normal when he speaks. Roger is quite fidgety, and busy. He was constantly undoing the straps that secure him in his chair and kept wanting to get up. I spent most of my visit securing the belts as fast as he was undoing them. In bed he kept swinging his legs over the edge trying to get up. In the chair he kept trying to stand. The staff said if he continued like this they would put "mittens" on his hands so he couldn't undo the belts.

He is still on semi solid food. His meals consist of pureed meals and thickened water and juice. He still has a stomach tube to supplement his caloric intake. We were encouraging him to eat more as he has lost a lot of weight. However Roger was not interested in food, and was really focused on trying to get up.

His long term memory is good in some areas as he knew my name and recognized me. He also knew that he was in Sacramento. However we kept having to remind him that he was in an accident and was recovering. There is some short term confusion as he kept mistaking the closet for a bathroom even though we showed him several times.

Now that the trach is out and he is no longer tethered to oxygen Melanie will again request for a transfer back closer to her. I plan on visiting Roger again next weekend. It is hoped they will have allowed him to be moved, and he will be closer.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »

Thanks for the update, Mark!

Layla,

I visited Roger yesterday. He's doing better, although he had a slight set back. He's back in the hospital due to a fall. Melanie said he tried to get up out of his wheelchair on his own and unattended. He bruised his left hip and incurred a slight brain bleed. A follow up CT scan showed the bleeding has stopped.

The good news is that they have removed the trach and his throat is closing up nicely. His voice sounds normal when he speaks. Roger is quite fidgety, and busy. He was constantly undoing the straps that secure him in his chair and kept wanting to get up. I spent most of my visit securing the belts as fast as he was undoing them. In bed he kept swinging his legs over the edge trying to get up. In the chair he kept trying to stand. The staff said if he continued like this they would put "mittens" on his hands so he couldn't undo the belts.

He is still on semi solid food. His meals consist of pureed meals and thickened water and juice. He still has a stomach tube to supplement his caloric intake. We were encouraging him to eat more as he has lost a lot of weight. However Roger was not interested in food, and was really focused on trying to get up.

His long term memory is good in some areas as he knew my name and recognized me. He also knew that he was in Sacramento. However we kept having to remind him that he was in an accident and was recovering. There is some short term confusion as he kept mistaking the closet for a bathroom even though we showed him several times.

Now that the trach is out and he is no longer tethered to oxygen Melanie will again request for a transfer back closer to her. I plan on visiting Roger again next weekend. It is hoped they will have allowed him to be moved, and he will be closer.

Mark

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2019, 09:13:47 AM »

still have him on my prayer list. still praying. great news, that there's improvement & progress. Thanks for the update
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2020, 08:32:35 AM »

Thanks for update Mark!

Rob

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2020, 12:24:58 AM »

I spoke with Melane the other day she sent me a  and Pic' of Roger, Like mark has said he's making great progress, but has a very long way to go.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:27:34 AM by The Bolvine Gigolo! »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2020, 08:49:56 PM »

I spoke with Melane the other day she sent me a  and Pic' of Roger, Like mark has said he's making great progress, but has a very long way to go.

Thanks for the updates and he is certainly on the prayer list each and every day!  A Good Man!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:26 AM »

Hey all,

Roger has been moved to a facility in Santa Clara, closer home! I plan on visiting him today and will give you an update.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »

I saw Roger yesterday, he's been moved to a closer facility.

They are working him hard, at least 4 hrs of rehab daily. The goal is to get him to where he can be more self sufficient, then maybe move him back home within a month. They have him up and walking with a walker, (supported of course). The TBI has left him somewhat "uncooperative", so that's an issue too.

He was exhausted and slept hard for the two hours I was there. He even slept through his meeting with the PM nurse. He is off all monitoring connections except for the gizmo that clamps on his finger and reads oxygen. He's still on semi-solid food too. I was hoping to bring him french fries to fatten him up, maybe soon. I plan on visiting again him today. Hopefully he will be awake.

If you want an address to mail him cards and letters, please send me a PM.

Mark

AZSERK

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »

Thanks for the update Mark, when you see him tonight, and if he's awake, tell him Larry (Igofar) says hello.

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 09:54:20 PM »

Mark/Don, Thanks for the updates.  Hoping for continued good news on Rogers recovery. 
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

LAZine

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2020, 12:48:01 AM »

If Roger would be up for a visitor he doesn’t know terribly well, we would happily go visit him.
Has the doctors grim prognosis improved given Roger’s apparent progress?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 25 queries.