Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac or Reinhart on a non-CVO Limited? Pros/cons  (Read 7352 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Re: Fullsac or Reinhart on a non-CVO Limited? Pros/cons
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 07:36:49 AM »

Sorry it took so long.....
If I'm not mistaken as you increase the baffle size you'll gain a little torque - up to a point with a stock engine- but not necessarily enough for a "butt dyno" to notice. the sound level will of course also be increased as the size increases..
Personally I've heard other bikes with the 2.0" and 2.25" and I wouldn't go any larger than the 2.0" just because I think the 2.25" would wear us out on trips. The 2.0" sound very similar at idle or part throttle to the 1.75" I currently have but are louder and deeper when the right wrist is unrestrained  ;). It does appear from looking at the Fullsac site that the only choices for you - and others with non CVO bikes - are the 2.0" or 2.25"??

The modification also seems a little more involved with the non CVO cans - but not to terribly difficult:

http://fullsac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Recore-Installation-Intructions.pdf

Great info. I really appreciate it. I sent a PM to Steve and am hoping to talk to him about the options. Being less than skilled with metal cutting I can see that this may not be a job for me and I would need to find someone with the proper skills to do it right. Therein lies my dilemma. If I go the Fullsac route then I have a great product highly recommended by the folks who know better but then I have concerns about the warranty and how the dealer will react if/when I have any problems with the engine. If the dealer gets to do the whole rinehart swap themselves I am covered like I was with the V&S/stage 1 I had done on the BO.

Cam

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 09:07:18 AM »

I pretty sure that Fullsac will do the muffler mod for you if you want. As far as warranty -there are no guarantees on coverage but my dealer has never given me any problems with warranty coverage and that includes the extended service plan coverage. And they know the bike has the Fullsac system and TTS which I did myself. And there have been a few claim repairs done so far. Also you probably know that just because 1 dealer says they'll honor the warranty doesn't mean that you won't have any issues when you're traveling. .

Not trying to push you into something you're not comfortable with,  just trying to let you know about my experiences with the warranty concerns.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 10:04:35 AM »

I pretty sure that Fullsac will do the muffler mod for you if you want. As far as warranty -there are no guarantees on coverage but my dealer has never given me any problems with warranty coverage and that includes the extended service plan coverage. And they know the bike has the Fullsac system and TTS which I did myself. And there have been a few claim repairs done so far. Also you probably know that just because 1 dealer says they'll honor the warranty doesn't mean that you won't have any issues when you're traveling. .

Not trying to push you into something you're not comfortable with,  just trying to let you know about my experiences with the warranty concerns.

That's great to know. I have 4 dealerships within 30 miles in every direction. I will call them to see what they all have to say about Fullsac/TTS. I will even let them do the mod if that would make a difference. I'll also ask Steve about the mod to the muffler when I get to talk to him. Thanks again.

Cam

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: Congrats on the new ride! ... looks like you and your buddy have twins. Good luck on the exhaust decision,lol. I'm glad those days are over for me cause it took forever to make up my mind but I'm really happy with what I finally picked. I bet you're loving that bike and nothing wrong with a non-CVO, love mine too. I would've been riding mine these past couple days if it wasn't for all the damn salt on the roads. >:(
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 12:16:16 PM »

Here Cam, this shows how easy it is if you DIY.

The only extra steps you would have to do on top of what's shown is cutting the ends off your muffler bodies and punching/drilling 3 new holes in each one.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

Thank you everyone for your advice and help on this, though it is decidedly for a non-CVO bike! Anywho Steve just shipped the stuff in two boxes. Will be here this thursday.  :bananarock:
Next decision: should I swap the pipes/mufflers/air cleaner/TTS now or should I wait for 500 mile break in period or until 1000 mile service?

Cam

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:19 AM »

Update:

Installed the pipes and started the bike up while holding my breath...No explosions, no smoke, no backfire, just a deep growl. So far so good. Up next the TTS this weekend and a ride around the neighborhood. Will I attempt this again? I don't know. It is so much easier to just write a check but now I know a lot more about the bike. The toughest part was the gaskets. The buddy who helped me pull this off recommended that I pull out the gaskets and replace with the ones Steve sent over with the pipes. Not a good idea since you can't really put the new gaskets in there without a special tool or at least I couldn't after trying for 40 minutes. Called Steve and he clued me in as to the need for a special gasket installation tool as well as his opinion that, especially on a brand new bike like mine, there really is no need to replace the gaskets.

More to follow...

Cam

hockeydawg12

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 10:46:57 PM »

I'm just a shade tree mechanic myself. But if I have the time and tools, I try to do it myself because, like you said, I learn more about my bike every time. Congrats on the upgrade. I'll be installing my CVO mufflers with 2" Fullsac Power Cores next week, along with a PC-V on my 2012 Limited. Enjoy the ride.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 03:10:20 PM »

if the appearance of stone stock warranty ok condition is important.

the cvo 4" cans ARE warranty ok on non cvo bikes - so the best way to make it look totally warranty ok is to get a pair of cvo cans and put fulsac cores in them. only somebody who takes the mufflers off the bike and looks with a light and knows what they are seeing will have any clue - everybody else will just see warranty ok cans.

to

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »

Update: Finally got around to downloading TTS stage one. The biggest problem was finding a Windows laptop as we are officially a MAC house (yes it IS a religion!). It's so easy even I could do it (and Windows sucks, just sayin'). The bike sounds like a Harley now, nowhere near as loud as the V&H BR 2 into 2's I have on the CVO BO and that's a good thing. I actually enjoy hearing the music coming from the infotainment system (CVO BO doesn't have one so...) but it still sounds like a Harley, if you know what I mean. Actually it's louder the farther you are from the bike. I like that! ;)

Overall I highly recommend the Fullsacs and Steve rocks! Responsive and very helpful. Thanks Steve.

Over and out.

Cam

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 08:44:12 PM »

Excellent news Cam! I'm glad it went well for you and that you're pleased with the results. And you got to spend some quality garage time with a friend and that's always a good time.  :2vrolijk_21:

You think Windows sucks????  Try Windows 8.1 - that(to me) is the definition of sucks....
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Schnobel

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 aka The Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 08:49:17 PM »

I just posted about my install of the Fullsac exhaust. Great people to deal with and like you said, wasn't a major DYI project. Had the same issues you had replacing the gaskets. Was a pain in the ass and wreaked one on my first attempt. Without a tool it's a delicate procedure.

Haven't loaded my map yet. Can't find the cables for the TTS module from my last bike. Arggghh! Will look again or I guess will have to get another pair.

Any members living in MN have a set I can borrow for a day?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 09:00:13 PM »

+1 for Fullsac

+1 for Windows  8)

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.