Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO HARLEYS---WHERE ARE THEY AND WHAT DO THEY COST?  (Read 27947 times)

flibb

• Full CVO Member
Re: 2015 CVO HARLEYS---WHERE ARE THEY AND WHAT DO THEY COST?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2014, 02:10:37 PM »

i just bought my wife a Free wheeler from them.   Cant believe they want that for that bike. I didn't get the best deal but didn't get raped like that;

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2014, 08:17:12 PM »

i just bought my wife a Free wheeler from them.   Cant believe they want that for that bike. I didn't get the best deal but didn't get raped like that;

Good Luck to you and the Misses with the new scoot. They look like they could be a lot of fun...especially if you could get them two back tires spinning and sliding back and forth sideways. Now that would be something!!!
You guys stay safe.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2014, 01:34:22 AM »

man don't feel to bad up here in the great north$48,000 plus tax for a 2015 FLTRI but the way our dollar is dropping that will change. Should be a law against selling over msrp taking advantage of us or what...

dealerships really cry over the dealers that offer discounted pricing on parts ... why don't they put the same effort to the dealers that rip buyers off with there price gouging over msrp and misc. fee's ...

HC Mercury will be by far the highest color produced for the 15' CVO Street Glide w/ maybe Ultraviolet blue as second....

DavidG_TKSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSEANV #631
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon/Slate (Traded)
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2014, 08:21:51 AM »

Now how much fun can we have flooding the sales department with emails asking about that bike and continuing dialogue with them even though none of us are stupid enough to buy at that price? I can't see the pix very well on my phone but how the hell are they wording the markup on that tag?

They've got the base price listed as $47,149 ($7500 over msrp) plus $799 prep and another $799 freight.
There is one of these same color CVO Road Glides sitting at Goe H-D in Angleton, TX, they sell at MSRP.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »

thats outrageous.....

ultrarider123

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »

Knoxville HD has a new 2015 SERGU sitting on the floor with nobody's name on it.  Good looking bike and at MSRP.  I sat on it and while I like the fit with the new bars, it's still a bat for me.
It's Burgundy Blaze....didn't get a picture as most have already seen (or bought) one.
Good folks at K'ville HD....phone number is 865-689-2454 (Clinton Hwy store). 

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »

Knoxville HD has a new 2015 SERGU sitting on the floor with nobody's name on it.  Good looking bike and at MSRP.  I sat on it and while I like the fit with the new bars, it's still a bat for me.
It's Burgundy Blaze....didn't get a picture as most have already seen (or bought) one.
Good folks at K'ville HD....phone number is 865-689-2454 (Clinton Hwy store).
x2 :2vrolijk_21:

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 04:18:25 AM »

Just so you know, they may be asking "over" MSRP but that doesn't mean you can't make a deal happen @MSRP. Here in Albuquerque, NM Thunderbird Harley has been asking $4k above MSRP. They have also been topping it off with outrageous dealer preparation and documentation fees. I worked a deal with their satellite store, Duke City HD, @ MSRP and got the 2+5 ESP. They got their prep/doc fees but worked them back out of the ESP cost to make a deal comparable to other MSRP dealers in the state.

Suggestion: Call around the country to both MSRP and "over" dealers. Find the bike you want in the color you want.

Get a complete breakdown of cost out the door.

MSRP
Market Markup/Discount
Freight
Preparation
Sales Tax
Title Fee
License Fee
ESP (your desired term) make sure to use the 2+ ESP language. Some will see you a 5yr as 2+3 when you really want 5 MORE Years.
Order and Delivery Date Projections

Once you get 5 or 6 quotes, you have a good idea of ranges and what you can find acceptable.

Suggestions on MSRP Dealers to talk to;
Holstein's HD - Omaha, NE
Knoxville HD - Knoxville, NE
Barnett's HD - El Paso, TX  ( I have been told they are not MSRP but they quoted me MSRP and then rolled up big $$$ for ESP, point of comparison)
Your Local Dealer
Dealer with "Your Dream Bike" in stock or delivered within 4 weeks.

Other consideration: How soon do you "need" that bike? Are you willing to pay a little more for one that's on the floor or scheduled for deliver in 2-3 weeks?

Best of Luck.
DesertHOG aka Simon

Excellent advice DesertHog,

I took it and did almost exactly as you advised, I looked at websites advertising 2015 HDs (cycle trader, chopper exchange, HD Dealers, etc), and contacted every dealer in the lower 48 advertising 15 SERGU/s at MSRP and asked for 'out the door quotes'. I did not bother contacting 'ask for price' or higher than MSRP. There appeared to be literally several hundred SERGUs for sale. 15 dealers came back with quotes of MSRP and a variety of approaches to padding the price out or not (what I would call fair deals). I made my contacts by email so I was not bombarded with phone calls from folks looking to run their sales patter by me. This also gave me the advantage of having an offer in black and white. They then either have to improve the deal or decline.

Whilst this thread my be about current locations/prices etc a bit of 'Caveat Emptor' seems appropriate. I will stay away from trading v selling previous ride which is a different subject.

One of the dealers I went to had given me a way over initial price ($49k+ was their starting quote) so I only went there to look at and compare the three colours as they were not far from where I live. Told them I would not buy as anything over MSRP is overpriced and they were the dearest quote I had received. They then offered me a discount of $3.5k of original price. I told them I can get one for MSRP from 15 other dealers which meant they were not competitive for my business and they then came down to MSRP because they wanted my business. The point here is just because they start out over MSRP it doesn't mean they will stay there. They were actually right on with tax, title, license etc as per state requirements and recommended freight prep of $500+ with no padding, unlike many others who had slid in up to $1800+ on top.

When visiting dealerships be aware they will try and keep you in their shop and preferably in one spot by asking for your id and then holding it or getting information or prices for you and so on. They have a script they run to and like to keep you on it as it puts them in the power seat when negotiating. Its about pressure, they want you to sign up straight away and not walk out and have time to consider or compare. Bottom line is there is no hurry, so shop around & do not accept any deal over MSRP, check for hidden costs slid in as something else such as 'dealer prep'. Be sure to let the dealer know that you are shopping around and that they are competing for the privilege of your business rather than allowing you to 'join their family' .......blah, blah, blah. You also need to be aware that they will look to roll in everything from ESP, insurance, parts, future servicing and so on into a purchase. Find out what each item is, decide if you need/want it and shop around to decide if you want to get it from the same dealer as the bike. You should do this before buying a bike as it lets you make a fully informed decision.

My advice is do your homework, compare different dealers and don't tell the sales folk that you love the bike and just have to have it. Don't sit there at their mercy, move about, go somewhere else, make them chase you, and insist on them providing hardcopy quotes for you to take away and consider. Let them know you are seriously shopping around and looking at all options before making a considered decision. All of the pressure should be on them not you. After all buying a new motorcycle should be a wonderful experience, should it not?

Thanks Desert Hog you made my acquisition a lot easier than if I had 'gone in blind'.

Cheers Major Tom

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2015, 12:06:29 AM »

Excellent advice DesertHog,

I took it and did almost exactly as you advised, I looked at websites advertising 2015 HDs (cycle trader, chopper exchange, HD Dealers, etc), and contacted every dealer in the lower 48 advertising 15 SERGU/s at MSRP and asked for 'out the door quotes'. I did not bother contacting 'ask for price' or higher than MSRP. There appeared to be literally several hundred SERGUs for sale. 15 dealers came back with quotes of MSRP and a variety of approaches to padding the price out or not (what I would call fair deals). I made my contacts by email so I was not bombarded with phone calls from folks looking to run their sales patter by me. This also gave me the advantage of having an offer in black and white. They then either have to improve the deal or decline.

Whilst this thread my be about current locations/prices etc a bit of 'Caveat Emptor' seems appropriate. I will stay away from trading v selling previous ride which is a different subject.

One of the dealers I went to had given me a way over initial price ($49k+ was their starting quote) so I only went there to look at and compare the three colours as they were not far from where I live. Told them I would not buy as anything over MSRP is overpriced and they were the dearest quote I had received. They then offered me a discount of $3.5k of original price. I told them I can get one for MSRP from 15 other dealers which meant they were not competitive for my business and they then came down to MSRP because they wanted my business. The point here is just because they start out over MSRP it doesn't mean they will stay there. They were actually right on with tax, title, license etc as per state requirements and recommended freight prep of $500+ with no padding, unlike many others who had slid in up to $1800+ on top.

When visiting dealerships be aware they will try and keep you in their shop and preferably in one spot by asking for your id and then holding it or getting information or prices for you and so on. They have a script they run to and like to keep you on it as it puts them in the power seat when negotiating. Its about pressure, they want you to sign up straight away and not walk out and have time to consider or compare. Bottom line is there is no hurry, so shop around & do not accept any deal over MSRP, check for hidden costs slid in as something else such as 'dealer prep'. Be sure to let the dealer know that you are shopping around and that they are competing for the privilege of your business rather than allowing you to 'join their family' .......blah, blah, blah. You also need to be aware that they will look to roll in everything from ESP, insurance, parts, future servicing and so on into a purchase. Find out what each item is, decide if you need/want it and shop around to decide if you want to get it from the same dealer as the bike. You should do this before buying a bike as it lets you make a fully informed decision.

My advice is do your homework, compare different dealers and don't tell the sales folk that you love the bike and just have to have it. Don't sit there at their mercy, move about, go somewhere else, make them chase you, and insist on them providing hardcopy quotes for you to take away and consider. Let them know you are seriously shopping around and looking at all options before making a considered decision. All of the pressure should be on them not you. After all buying a new motorcycle should be a wonderful experience, should it not?

Thanks Desert Hog you made my acquisition a lot easier than if I had 'gone in blind'.

Cheers Major Tom

Glad to be of some help.

DH

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

Gengras Harley in Hartford CT has a 2015 SERGU in gorgeous blue on the floor - tagged price states $41.900 but that includes dealer prep ect.. They will usually sell 'em at MSRP if you ask. 855-844-2157 Ask for Rick Bartels
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

CVO Bug Slayer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »

Wild West Motor Sports/Greeley Harley Davidson has the Black Starfire Black/Gold Dust just taken off the trailer and awaiting PDI as of 2/25/2015 for anyone looking. 970-351-8150

good luck

TheGullGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 Limited Gold Rush/Carbon Dust
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2015, 03:12:17 PM »

Avalanche Harley-Davidson of Denver Colorado has all three colors in the Limited FLHTKSE models.   Awesome folks to deal with.   

ancora imparo

GullGuy

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »

Been hearing of several red Road Glide Ultras recently within a couple hours of middle TN.  HD must have made a production run recently.  Have seen or heard of them at Columbia, Cool Springs and Knoxville in TN and at Mountain Creek in GA.  Prices seem to vary from list to $1000 over.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »

I was just in Ernie's HD in Algona, Iowa yesterday and they had a brand new Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon CVO RG on the floor. It was MSRP (39649 total). The only extra on the tag was freight no prep or other bloated charges.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2015, 08:53:15 PM »

My local dealer has had the blue and red CVO RGU in stock for a couple months now.  Both below MSRP...  Might be worth a trip for someone...  Classic Motorsports Traverse City, MI.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.