Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Has anyone used the Vance and Hines FP3 yet?  (Read 17610 times)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
Re: Has anyone used the Vance and Hines FP3 yet?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »

IF some one in TX has this new unit bring it buy the shop after you  get it dialed in or better yet lets tune it on the drum while we read afr .  I will show afr traces and you will see what really is tuned and what is not.   

No charge at all . And with the dyno  we can steady state the tune to be sure that the sensors are hitting each cell in the tune.
I would gladly take you up on that offer if your shop wasn't in Tx! I've been dying to see some dyno results of the FP3, but no such luck yet and I've been looking all winter. I just recently downloaded the update to mine and it has a bunch of different parameters to play with besides VE tables now ... I can't remember all of them and it's stuff only a professional tuner would play with. All I know is between the pipe and canned tune right out of the box, mine runs way better than before so I'm happy with it. I really love how much better throttle response is when I changed it to 1:1. We always want more so I tried a few generic "auto-tune" sessions and really didn't notice too much of an improvement, if anything at all over the caned tune. If I only had the time and funds a trip to Tx. would be in order for me. C'mon guys! Nobody in the whole state of Tx. has a Pro Pipe and a FP3 to take GMR up on his offer??   
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:56:45 PM by Phantom309 »
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »

I run a power vision from Fuel Moto. I ended up getting a tune anyway but it's a great tool with lots of options.

So you originally had a Fuelmoto tune and you retuned it.....or did you auto tune and make changes?  There are not many shops that tune with the Power Vision near me....if any.  I used their maps on my 2012 FLHX and my 2014 FLHX....they ran great.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 12:12:42 AM »

So you originally had a Fuelmoto tune and you retuned it.....or did you auto tune and make changes?  There are not many shops that tune with the Power Vision near me....if any.  I used their maps on my 2012 FLHX and my 2014 FLHX....they ran great.
Before my heads were done and cams I had a canned Fuel Moto map and ran auto tune. After the work I decided to have it tuned by one of the best.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 01:35:02 AM »

Before my heads were done and cams I had a canned Fuel Moto map and ran auto tune. After the work I decided to have it tuned by one of the best.
How was your map before the major work?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 01:38:41 AM »

How was your map before the major work?
It ran good. No major issues but there was some deceleration popping but now that I've seen how a properly tuned bike runs I  couldn't go back. I'm not talking about some dyno operator at a Harley shop but one of the real tuners out there. They are a bit harder to track down unless you are fortunate enough to have one nearby. I pulled my bike 240 miles.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 07:54:01 AM »

"I pulled my bike 240 miles."

Wish I had it that good, when Doug tuned my bike, pulled it 750 miles......one way. Back in '05 good tuners were few and far between.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 08:55:54 AM »

"I pulled my bike 240 miles."

Wish I had it that good, when Doug tuned my bike, pulled it 750 miles......one way. Back in '05 good tuners were few and far between.

Still sucked. I have 5 Harley dealers withing 90 mins of me and none of them would suffice. So I pulled my bike 240 miles getting 10 mpg with my old chevy pickup and then pulled the empty trailer home so about 500 round trip and then went back up the next week and did it all over again. You already know how much Doug's time is worth on top of that lol.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

TEXAS       :D  Messing with J only
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 09:09:31 AM »

TEXAS       :D  Messing with J only
Good morning Steve lol

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 08:21:21 AM »

Still sucked. I have 5 Harley dealers withing 90 mins of me and none of them would suffice. So I pulled my bike 240 miles getting 10 mpg with my old chevy pickup and then pulled the empty trailer home so about 500 round trip and then went back up the next week and did it all over again. You already know how much Doug's time is worth on top of that lol.

I understand completely, when I hauled my bike to Doug, the dealer was 5 miles from house, they still don't have a clue. This trip to Doc's, a couple weeks ago....dealer is 12 miles from my house. My other bike (CVO King) is at that dealer, for the 3rd time while the tuner learns, I guess. 3 strikes and he's out. If it doesn't run good then I'm asking for a refund on the initial tune, and will haul it to a known good tuner. Shame because this dealer has a state of the art dyno cell.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »

I understand completely, when I hauled my bike to Doug, the dealer was 5 miles from house, they still don't have a clue. This trip to Doc's, a couple weeks ago....dealer is 12 miles from my house. My other bike (CVO King) is at that dealer, for the 3rd time while the tuner learns, I guess. 3 strikes and he's out. If it doesn't run good then I'm asking for a refund on the initial tune, and will haul it to a known good tuner. Shame because this dealer has a state of the art dyno cell.
Yes sir. Dyno operators suck haha.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.