Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 springer pipes and tuner setup  (Read 1552 times)

rumz

08 springer pipes and tuner setup
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:03:43 PM »

first, is there really that much power difference in 2 into 1 and  2 into 2?  second, which tuner works the best on the 110, pc111,fuelpack, sert? i like the looks of 2 into 2 mid length but dont want to give up a whole lot of power for it.i saw pythons that have hidden crossover. anybody using those? and hows the sound? thnks for the input.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
Re: 08 springer pipes and tuner setup
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:43:21 PM »

don't know exactly how much power you're giving up by going with a 2 into 2 exhaust, but the guys using a 2 into 1 exhaust ARE making more power.
I personally don't like the look of a 2 into 1 exhaust, so for me it was a no brainer.

as far as a fuel management system goes...... they all work.
just a matter of preference and what your capabilities are...
the only one I would reccomend not using is the fuelpak, because there is no fine tuning that can be done with it.

I had a ThunderMax with autotune on my FXSTSSE and it seems like it "autotuned" itself out of a good tune (if that makes any sense).
I'm really liking the new TTS MasterTune that just came out, basically it's everything the SERT (or SEST) should have been.

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 02:47:02 PM by Deuce Bigelow »
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »

for 2 into 1 pipes I like d&d fatcat, bassani road rage, and supertrapp...cycle shack slip-on mufflers also work well and are a lot cheaper...find the best dyno tuning center in your area and ask them which tuning device they prefer
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 04:54:28 AM »

Not all 2-in-2 systems are a drag on power perse - I have a dillema cause I don't think a 2-in-1 looks nice on the FXSTS (although it might look cool on others - I had them on my Fatboy and Heritage before and didn't consider it ugly). I also enjoy the significant heavy sound of Supertrapp - so I ended up with the disk oriented slipons from ST instead of their (ugly IMO) 2-in-one. However , these are using the stock header pipes which are somehat awkwardly arching around the passenger pegs ( I don't intend on riding solo all the time) so looking for something that is designwise nices than my current setup (i admit , compared to V&H , Rinehars and other full systems they look dull) . Problem is that I'm really hooked on the Supetrapp from a sound perspective - silent on idle and as loud as you prefer when you rev it up.
Compare that to Vance and Hines big radius ...which I love in terms of style but loath in terms of sound ;-(
Any alternatives in the market today that combine both looks and sounds (again looking at the pipes on the pic above ...awsome...but wouldn't know how they sound )

Rik

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 21 queries.