Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is the MSRP  (Read 2051 times)

yort4041

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Black Ice
    • CVO2: Big Dog PitBull
What is the MSRP
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

Can anyone tell me the MSRP on the 09 SE Springer?  They have one near me listed for 27749, so I'm trying to do the math and make a decision. Thanks

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: What is the MSRP
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:15:16 AM »

Can anyone tell me the MSRP on the 09 SE Springer?  They have one near me listed for 27749, so I'm trying to do the math and make a decision. Thanks

An '09 FXSTSSE is listed at $26,999 + $375 freight + PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection ~$500) + taxes & title. They might try to add some other things on but that will give you a place to start. So your quote of $27749 is a fair MSRP price.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »

09 FXSTSSE3 MSRP is 26,990 and freight and prep is all bullS&$t.

27,749 is not a bad price, but if you work with them or look at other dealer you may get a better price.
you have to get the extended warranty to put it out to 7 years its 1500 and another 400 or so if you add wheels and tires. This is also MSRP price.

I bought mine, and picked it up last week.

I found the bike on line at 4 dealers that were all within about 2 hours of me.
I called each one told them what I wanted and went back and forth for a couple days with them all on the phone.
one dealer was an A$&. and the other 3 were willing to work.
I ended up getting the bike 1200 under MSRP and 20% off the warranty and the additional chrome I wanted to add.

The next lowest price from the one I bought was in greenville, SC and I was talking to the owner Bill. he was only about 400.00 more than what I paid.

The economy is scaring people and you might as well use it to your advantage.

later......
and good luck....

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »

09 FXSTSSE3 MSRP is 26,990 and freight and prep is all bullS&$t.

27,749 is not a bad price, but if you work with them or look at other dealer you may get a better price.
you have to get the extended warranty to put it out to 7 years its 1500 and another 400 or so if you add wheels and tires. This is also MSRP price.

I bought mine, and picked it up last week.

I found the bike on line at 4 dealers that were all within about 2 hours of me.
I called each one told them what I wanted and went back and forth for a couple days with them all on the phone.
one dealer was an A$&. and the other 3 were willing to work.
I ended up getting the bike 1200 under MSRP and 20% off the warranty and the additional chrome I wanted to add.

The next lowest price from the one I bought was in greenville, SC and I was talking to the owner Bill. he was only about 400.00 more than what I paid.

The economy is scaring people and you might as well use it to your advantage.

later......
and good luck....

JMS, just curious where you bought from. I know your local Dealer, Harley Haven, was above MSRP. And for sure you didn't go to Low Country (Myrtle Beach South). Did the selling Dealer give you the 20% or did you get it from one of the shops on the discount list?

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to reply, been out of town.

I live in Columbia, and we have 2 dealers here, and both of them suck.
So I called
Hickory, NC he wanted MSRP.
Then I called Greenville and RockHill, I went back and forth with them a couple days and ended up getting it from Rock Hill. They were cheaper and 90min closer.
The operations manager up there told me that I sould be in sales, but I stick with anesthesia it pays the bills a little better.

I will tell you, the owner at Greenville is a stand up guy and he will work with you his name is Bill..

Most of the dealers will not fax you the pricing discussed on the phone, and if you have add extras it eases the pain for them a little...
I had them do the chrome switched, inner primary, oil cooler, cylinder base, lifter block covers. and the 7 year warr (including wheels and tires) and got out the door under 29K.

They made their money, at least 3K on the sale.. but I was getting tired of going back and forth with them.

Some advice, be very polite to them, but let them know that you are working with other dealers, and if they don't get management or the owner involved in the sale you are not pushing hard enough... it is the spirit of comp....

good luck

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »

almost forgot... 20% was off the parts and warranty.

Yes my local dealer is Harley Haven, and I gave him several chances to earn my business....

He Started out at almost 2500 over MSRP... That is a bad way to start.... I believe everyone should make there money, and I don't want to go to work and not get paid, but that is just a little ridiculous to me... I've owned more HD than I can remember and that is over the top...

So I went and got other prices for the previously mentioned dealers....

I took it back to my local dealer and told him that I would rather buy the bike from him for several reasons, He would not come off the price (not a penny)... He went on to tell me that his service was better bla, bla bla bla, bullSh$%, bla bla bla..

Then I asked him if he was an athorized HD service center and he responded "YES"..
So I asked him if it matter where I bought the bike...
He explained to me that he would have to put me on the "back burner" for anything I would want...

After that comment, I will not walk in his dealership... all the people that I ride with were shocked that he would be stupid enought to make a comment like that to me.
I have been dealing with him for several years, but he will not put me on any burner...

I will drive to Thunder Tower or up to Rock Hill first.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »

I'm still a little pissed about this.

youker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »

Tim at Harley Haven must be getting greedy since he gotten the new building. In the 90’s when every other stalership was asking for 3k – 5k over, HH was offering the bikes for msrp. You did have to get on a list that could take any where between 8 months and two years according to the bike you wanted. It only took 8 months to get my 99’ FXDWG but I knew of people waiting almost two years for a Fatboy or Soft Tail Custom (they where the hot bikes at the time). I did not mind the wait. It was either pay 20k for my bike now or under 16k in 8 months. I had dealers in Columbia offering to give me 2k for my bike before I even got the call the bike was being shipped when they found out that I was on the list. Those days are over now.
CRMC RTTE
Support your local Motorcycle Club

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »

There are alot of us that buy a new bike every couple of years because is cheaper to get a new bike than a new woman and we all need variety...
Just kidding....

And I won't buy from him again because of that.... I told him that I would give MSRP for the bike and I was willing to trade my FatBoy... I was even going to take 11K for it... and it was an 03 with 3800 miles on it (spent alot of time in Iraq and Afganistan and couldn't ride)... He lost another 2K on the resale of that...

But I offered a very resonable deal and he should have taken it..... because he would have made the rest of that money X4 in the next year or two because I would have gone to him for Harley specific parts.... And that is just simply money he lost... I think he was stupid for pissing me off...

I think that MSRP is fair, I was fortunate to pay under that for the one I just bought...

By the way..... I don't think Tim is a bad guy, I have dealt with him in the past, but don't treat me poorly if you want me to bring my money to you......
The owner in Hickory, NC told me that everything out the door is MSRP no matter what it is...

I absolutly refuse to pay over MSRP, I will ride a F....in moped first, or keep the harley I have now (much better choice)...
There are plenty of CVOs out there, these dealers act like it is the only bike in the country.. When I can drive right now the street and there is another one sitting there...
If you look on line right now, there are 08s everywhere....

So to everyone out there that reads this... STOP PAYING THESE CRAZY PRICES....

I would really like to know if Harley Davidson has dealer hold back? if anyone know please post, sourse would be nice.

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 02:24:49 PM »

There is no hold-back.

The source is my wife at New Orleans HD
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 03:37:05 PM »

Yes my local dealer is Harley Haven, and I gave him several chances to earn my business....

I've never dealt w/ HH other than maybe a T shirt. I've meet Gene (the owner) @ TT and he seems like a very nice guy. Again only some MotorClothes. I have dealt with the gang up at Cox's. Stand up folks. They did the pipes and tune on my bike. The parts guy still remembers my name. I'm glad you made the deal and are happy. If you ever get down to the Low Country, give me  a shout.
AJ

JMS

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »

I agree with you, that the guys (and girls) at Coxs in Rock Hill are alright by me....

imkman

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »

JMS I completely agree with you and can understand your frustration when I dealer indirectly tells you, buy the bike here or we won’t take care of you. Which is outrageous! I did not have that experience at a HD dealer but at a Jeep dealership what reneged on a deal. When I bought a new jeep somewhere else I was unable to get a oil charge not alone any warranty work at my local dealer... but I digress, I bought my Springer used and my local HD dealer was been great about it and because of the fact that they will take care of me even though I have NEVER bought anything from them. My next purchase (hopefully soon before the increase start in Canada) will without a doubt be from them and that is how a dealer create a relationship with customs, not by bullying. Given that fact they don’t pull something like HH did with you, but again when I priced out something in the past they have always been straight up and MSRP was the pricing.
Anyways I know where your coming from. Hope all is well and safe riding.

Page created in 0.574 seconds with 21 queries.