Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Props to the Power Commander 5  (Read 1695 times)

sharden

Props to the Power Commander 5
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:45:28 AM »

I added a PC5 to my FXSTSSE3 a few weeks after installing Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles and I couldn't be more impressed.  Great acceleration, no popping on decel, the engine runs significantly cooler and idles well through each gear.  Even the sound is better. Love it....

I also have to say, the guys at Fuelmoto who sold me the unit are top notch.  They took my exact config and pre-mapped the PC5. 

Poppas got a brand new ride!

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Props to the Power Commander 5
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Gonz

• CVO1: '08 Springer 105th
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »

I don't know a damn thing about power commanders, but is it standard and easy to pre-map a unit if you tell them what bike and pipes you have?  I've got the V&H pipes on mine and it pops and sounds just terrible decelerating so I'm assuming they didn't do anything to the FI when the pipes were added.  Is there an easy way to check?
Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed, they don't mean quite so much.  Except you get to hang out with your working friends...

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »

8) ;) ;) ;)

There are several fuel control systems on the market that work well.

General consensus is (in my opinion) the Mastertune TTS and the PC V with autotune are the best.  I like the PC V from Fuel Moto as they will send you a predetermined base map that allows the autotune to re tune for any variations on your bike. 

The primary difference is the PC V is best used with WB O2 sensors which all cars have.  The  WB O2 sensors allow the PC V to adjust for temp, humidity, altitude and gas differences.

The Mastertune TTS is very good and uses all of the HD sensors.  There are a huge number of base maps for the TTS and thus it is to some extent a plug and play.  That said most owners of the TTS go ahead and get the bike dyno tuned to maximize the use of the TTS.

Either are excellent.

:coolblue: :coolblue:

2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.