Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 - Analog Speedo/Tach combo unit - direct matchup to stock speedo look wise.  (Read 4648 times)

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme

For those of you with 09s and have been wanting to add a tach to your bike, but didn't like the idea of the digital speedo/analog tach combo unit that was discussed on here earlier, I found they have a speedo/tach unit that is a direct match look and feel wise to the stock unit.  Didn't even know it existed till about November when I was shopping through the drool guide.

One thing I love about my springer is the old school look and feel and I just hate putting any gadgets on her - digital gauges included.

So I finally ordered part # 74752-08 for the springer.  Part # 74717-10 is the Digital Speedo/Analog Tach combo unit which has a whole thread on here if your interested in that unit.

I'll amend and post pictures once it is installed.  Going to be about 2 weeks for the part to be programmed with mileage and shipped by the MoCo.  For now, a picture of what she looks like from a dealer site.  You can also find the part on page 636 in the '11 parts and accessories book.

Oh and a bonus - utilizing the trip reset push-button, the multi-color LED lighting system allows the rider to adjust the backlighting of the gauge to the color of choice.  With over 600 color tone options, blah blah blah.  Yeah, you can pick your poison for paint or theme match-up.  ;D

Oh, and to those of you you posted all the wonderful info about tachs before, thank you.  You greatly helped me in making my decision.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:06:26 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

Re: 09 - Speedo/Tach combo unit - direct matchup to stock speedo
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:00:12 AM »

Pic of unit from catalog.
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Chromed Out

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »

Pic of the digital speedo/analog tach for comparison.
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
Chromed Out

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:01:31 AM »

Picture of the stock speedo.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:03:54 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
Chromed Out

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:01:59 AM »

Picture of the newly installed guage. (Reserved for when she gets here).
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
Chromed Out

mijski

Any pictures of that new speedo and tach?

gyver

• CVO1: 2008 FLHPE Big Sucker intake, TTS, Rush duals, SEII (64910-99) mufflers

Recent new part number 70900070 has analog tachometer and has a demo on display in most dealerships that is very convincing.  It is almost half the price of the previous unit 74753-08 and both dials turn clock-wise.  User defined color is cool if you want to match theme or just like to change things up once in a while.  This unit pulls the mileage directly from the ECM so you don't have to wait for the MoCo to program it for you.  This should reduce the lead time but I ordered one over a week ago and the backorder from the factory has been pushed (again, this time to tomorrow).  I hope to have it this week.

UPDATE:  Finally got it and installed it today in a half hour.  Plug it into diag port under side cover and turn on the ignition, then off and install it in the dash, three clips and a plug - super easy.  I haven't ridden at night yet but this pic shows it with red dials, green speedo needle, yellow tach needle and blue LCD.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:52:49 PM by gyver »

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

I'll have to go out and take a pic later.  When I got it installed, it appeared that I was one of a few who had the type that did not change colors.  I'm partially ok as the default color matches my bike already, but a bit po'ed that they had the item listed in the catalogue incorrectly.  The feedback from the dealer is that the entry in the catalogue is incorrect.  I for the most part looks like the above catalogue pic, with the standard red backlit.

Currently have an open RO with the dealership on this - ya know, I bought x and got y.  Last I checked the MOCO was going to send me a new unit - still waiting.  Perhaps they are waiting on the one you are referencing?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:06:02 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
Chromed Out

gyver

• CVO1: 2008 FLHPE Big Sucker intake, TTS, Rush duals, SEII (64910-99) mufflers

Very popular item, and I guess they can't make them fast enough.  They were back-order 2 days after they were first available.  As of last Thursday, any new order placed would not be delivered until at least July 16 so about a month right now (I waited 5 weeks).

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.