Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Extended Service Protection Warranty  (Read 1840 times)

dmadison4

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Extended Service Protection Warranty
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:19:49 PM »

Who knows where to get a good price on an extended service warranty??.  Mine is expiring

J Meadows

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

• CVO1: 2019 Street Glide
Re: Extended Service Protection Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 01:32:33 AM »

I haven't used any of these, but when when the time comes I'm going to look at them.

https://www.discountesp.com/

https://www.motorcycleagent.com/
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel / Lightning Silver
2014 FLHX Dayton Blue
1988 FXST-C Blue & Silver
1985 BMW K1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1
1972 Kawasaki H2A
1972 Harley Baja
1972 Harley Rapito
1966 Suzuki X6 Hustler
1965 Honda S90
1963 Honda 55 Trail

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:03:06 AM »

Better find out if whoever you use for repairs regularly will honor the warranty company you choose before you pay for it.
Also alot of these companies are failing, not from the virus, just failing due to lack of capital. Thouroughly research whoever.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »

And check the coverage that each provides....compare apples to apples.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »

Has anyone heard or dealt with Mechanic Choice warranty plan. my dealership started carrying them at the beginning of the year, not a lot of info out on the web about the motorcycle division but apparently they have been around for awhile in the auto world.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »

Better find out if whoever you use for repairs regularly will honor the warranty company you choose before you pay for it.
Also alot of these companies are failing, not from the virus, just failing due to lack of capital. Thouroughly research whoever.
^ this
And check the coverage that each provides....compare apples to apples.
^ and this.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:01:40 PM »

Yes Best to first ask the shop that services your bike which extended warranty companies they work with & go from there. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Gumby

• MacMan
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 20VO Limited
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 09:28:27 PM »

Why not simply go with the Harley ESP rather than another company? I seems to me with the Harley ESP you are covered at any Harley dealer anywhere around the country...which is important if you tour.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 09:43:42 PM »

Why not simply go with the Harley ESP rather than another company? I seems to me with the Harley ESP you are covered at any Harley dealer anywhere around the country...which is important if you tour.

Harley's ESP only goes up to 60,000 miles.  After that, you have to go after market ESP.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 10:17:25 PM »

Harley's ESP only goes up to 60,000 miles.  After that, you have to go after market ESP.
Can only be renewed  before 60k miles. Buy another 5 years if you're gonna keep the bike before then. Or buy a newer bike.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 10:23:29 PM »

I bought the 3yr warranty from harley.  I'm glad i did.    New compensater, complete transmission rebuild.   All was handled instantly and didn't even pay the deductible.   New fairing vent too was replaced.  I would go to them.   No hassles so far.   Stuart.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:19 AM »

Can only be renewed  before 60k miles. Buy another 5 years if you're gonna keep the bike before then. Or buy a newer bike.

You can only renew within a couple of months of the current extended warranty expiring.  I tried that game at 59k miles but I was to far out.  I still have three months to go on this extended warranty and 62k miles and I'm racking up the miles pretty fast right now....with this social distancing.  And motorcycles everywhere here in Arizona......seems like everybody is off work and out riding.  Every day is looking like the weekend.

West Coast GTG   

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »

You can only renew within a couple of months of the current extended warranty expiring.  I tried that game at 59k miles but I was to far out.  I still have three months to go on this extended warranty and 62k miles and I'm racking up the miles pretty fast right now....with this social distancing.  And motorcycles everywhere here in Arizona......seems like everybody is off work and out riding.  Every day is looking like the weekend.
Good info. I'll keep that in mind as mine expires in December. If nothing rolls across the stage that screams "gotta have it" at the Dealer Meeting in August, I'll buy another 5 years for this one.

Gumby

• MacMan
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 20VO Limited
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »

Thanks guys. ESPs are expensive regardless of where you get them. For me, I wanted a Harley ESP so I went searching. Here is what I found. 
Regarding cost: I shopped around to four dealers and found a vast difference in price. Once I had the best prices I called back to dealer #4 who is closer to my house and also the dealer I want to do repairs when I am not on the road. I asked dealer #4 to match the 48 month from dealer #3 ($2654) and they agreed. Of course they agreed! That's expensive, but for me its peace of mind for the next 6 years (I just bought a 2020 CVO Limited in December). 

Months of coverage past original warranty   Dealer #1       Dealer #2   Dealer #3       Dealer #4
12 (1 yr)                                                   $1539      -               $1399           -
24 (2 yr)                                                   $1954       $2604           $1724       $2099
36 (3 yr)                                                   $2489       $2718           $2164       $2650
48 (4 yr)                                                   $3109       $3383           $2654       $2870 (Purchased at $2654)
60 (5 yr)                                                   $3504       $3786           $3169       $3200

So, if you are new to this game the best advice is to shop around. I'm sure you can find a much better deal than I got but I enough shopping was enough - I've got other things to do.

Ride safe.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »

Thanks for the info Gumby.

I did know that the cost is negtiable and the discount dealerships sell the extended warranty for less than the others.  And, I've bought the extended warranty since 2002 (18 years) and they've all more than paid for theirselves.  If you ride and put a lot of miles on your bike (especially those long haul trips) then it's money well spent.  If your bike is just garage jewelry and you only put a few thousand miles a year on the clock then that extended warranty might not be worth the money.

West Coast GTG   

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2020, 03:19:44 PM »

From what various dealers have told me the moco clamped down on them selling outside their territory several years ago.  Now one can go to the dealership in person and purchase an ESP but not like I used to do over the phone with Jenny Sapyta when she was at Tri-County H-D.

And JC, Jim Palmer can hook you up with an ESP regardless of current mileage as long as you do it before your current ESP expires.

https://www.motorcycleagent.com/

It's a bummer that the H-D ESP is so restrictive about renewal but then again it seem they know that when the miles roll on $$$$ will be spent, lol.  A few years ago a friend had to almost quit riding for several months so his mileage didn't sneak over that limit and prevent the ESP renewal.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 24 queries.