Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Riding Habits  (Read 4732 times)

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

• CVO1: 2012 SE7 (10/15/11)
    • CVO2: 2007 UC-110 SE
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
Re: Riding Habits
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »

I took a 200 mile trip yesterday just to run errands. I almost got run over three times.

The first time an old woman who appeared to be in her 70's turned left right in front of me. Luckily, I was watching and managed to slow down enough to miss her. Thinking this is going to hurt me more than it does you.

The second time an old man pulled right out in front of me. He had no idea I was there. Again, I managed to get slowed down enough to miss him. Good thing I've got the reflexes of a cat.

The third time I was pulling out of a parking lot close to an intersection where two four lane city highways meet. The light was red and traffic was stopped. I had to cross 4 lanes of traffic plus the turn lanes and there was nothing coming. I made it across the first two lanes and was in the turn lanes when I noticed a guy in a truck darting from all the way across the street. He was looking toward the red light for on-coming traffic and away from me. He turned the wheel directly for me. It all was happening so quick, I couldn't find the horn button, so I clutched it and raced the engine WFO (his window was down) I had already started turning away from him but he was still turning towards me, until he heard the V&H pipes. At the last second he saw me and turned away. Loud pipes saves lifes?

By the time this happened, I was wondering if someone was trying to tell me something. An hour later the skies opened up and it came a downpour. "Is this what will finally get me today?" I thought. Rest of the trip was uneventful. When you least expect it, it'll happen. It'll happen so fast, it's scary!

It is a good thing we always wear boots..... It keeps that stuff running down our legs off the chrome  :huepfenlol2:

What a day!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:15:46 PM by SJPZZZ »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »

I took a 200 mile trip yesterday just to run errands. I almost got run over three times.

The first time an old woman who appeared to be in her 70's turned left right in front of me. Luckily, I was watching and managed to slow down enough to miss her. Thinking this is going to hurt me more than it does you.

The second time an old man pulled right out in front of me. He had no idea I was there. Again, I managed to get slowed down enough to miss him. Good thing I've got the reflexes of a cat.

The third time I was pulling out of a parking lot close to an intersection where two four lane city highways meet. The light was red and traffic was stopped. I had to cross 4 lanes of traffic plus the turn lanes and there was nothing coming. I made it across the first two lanes and was in the turn lanes when I noticed a guy in a truck darting from all the way across the street. He was looking toward the red light for on-coming traffic and away from me. He turned the wheel directly for me. It all was happening so quick, I couldn't find the horn button, so I clutched it and raced the engine WFO (his window was down) I had already started turning away from him but he was still turning towards me, until he heard the V&H pipes. At the last second he saw me and turned away. Loud pipes saves lifes?

By the time this happened, I was wondering if someone was trying to tell me something. An hour later the skies opened up and it came a downpour. "Is this what will finally get me today?" I thought. Rest of the trip was uneventful. When you least expect it, it'll happen. It'll happen so fast, it's scary!

Yes they are! They're trying to tell you that the only way to ride is your knowing that everyone out there is trying to kill you. You ride like that, you can be sure your always at your sharpest. Expeience and practice along with 100% alertness, will help you be able to predict as much as possible, what's gonna happen, instead of reacting to it. Other than that, chit happens. Your job is to avoid being in the middle of the chit! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 12:06:56 PM »

Yes they are! They're trying to tell you that the only way to ride is your knowing that everyone out there is trying to kill you. You ride like that, you can be sure your always at your sharpest. Expeience and practice along with 100% alertness, will help you be able to predict as much as possible, what's gonna happen, instead of reacting to it. Other than that, chit happens. Your job is to avoid being in the middle of the chit! ;) Hoist! 8)

I can see me in the hospital with broken arms and legs, in traction and say, OH Well, Chit happens.

For sure have to always be alert and drive defensively.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »

I can see me in the hospital with broken arms and legs, in traction and say, OH Well, Chit happens.

Don't qoute me out of context Ken. The rest of that was the important part. "Chit happens. Your job is to avoid being in the middle of the chit!" was the complete statement! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

• CVO1: 2012 SE7 (10/15/11)
    • CVO2: 2007 UC-110 SE
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »

I was talking with one or my RC Instructors just now and April 13, I am doing a course, maybe they can teach this old dog a new few tricks, maybe a nose wheele  :huepfenlol2:, wooof wooof! :)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 02:03:53 PM »

Don't qoute me out of context Ken. The rest of that was the important part. "Chit happens. Your job is to avoid being in the middle of the chit!" was the complete statement! ;) Hoist! 8)

I knew what ya meant hoist! I was just busting on ya. I am working, posting, and on the phone at the same time. LOL

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »

I knew what ya meant hoist! I was just busting on ya. I am working, posting, and on the phone at the same time. LOL

Yeah, but if I let you get away with that, who knows what's next. I thought you were one of them there Reporters, quoting out of context to sell more papers! I don't have much use for them! ;D Hoist! 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:41 PM »

Looks like I need to check that your health/life ins is paid up  :P

I think what it was trying to tell ya that you forgot JesterDecor for good luck  ;D
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 05:49:22 PM »

Looks like I need to check that your health/life ins is paid up  :P

I think what it was trying to tell ya that you forgot JesterDecor for good luck  ;D

It was raining! I knew you'd be hating life and me.

You of all people should know I'm worth more dead than alive.  ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »

Sad fact! I sleep with one eye open! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »

RAINING???? (need I remind ya  bout Daytona and bein' tougher than you???) Sheesh..tweren't notta like the ride from G'ville by a LONG shot!

Worth more dead than alive?? Keep spending money on that bike and I'll prolly find that out *smirks*.... and if the will says anything bout being buried with the bike?? I promise that ain't gonna happen!!  ;)
I like shiny stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 05:58:20 PM »

This is friggin great! I gotta teach my wife this. Fighting online instead of at home! How come I never thougfht of that one! ;D Hoist! 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »

This is friggin great! I gotta teach my wife this. Fighting online instead of at home! How come I never thougfht of that one! ;D Hoist! 8)

Fighting?? We're from Kentucky...it's foreplay  :P
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »

Well, If die and you remarry and move another man in, I don't mind him having my gun collection, my recliner, or even my truck, BUT If I hear of him riding my scooter, I'll BE back!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »

Fighting?? We're from Kentucky...it's foreplay  :P

I can't believe you said that! I've been saying that for years!!! Awesome JD! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.