Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Threads that run off topic........your thoughts?  (Read 10265 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Threads that run off topic........your thought
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 05:02:52 PM »

wow, talk about a variety of responses.......

DJW if the moderators were so delete happy they would remove your posts critisizing them  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JCZ posed a question and we can see exactley where you stand, it would seem that most people that have checked this tread also agree with you.

no moderator or even myself for that matter is going to make policy changes on this site with getting input from the membership this site has never been run as a dictatorship nor will it ever be.

if you have lost respect for me or JCZ or the site as a whole i'm truly sorry to hear that
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 05:03:34 PM »

Stay tuned for more?  That sounds interesting.  

I'm sorry that your post was not nearly interesting enough to maintain itself.  That's really not sufficient reason to delete off-topic discussion.  Maybe you have too much authority.  Or maybe don't know how to use it.  

I know I'm probably alone on this, but what's right is right.  You're not going to get the usual BS nice nice sarcasm that everyone throws around on here.  Deleting posts that are off topic is BS!  That's usually how the new topics get started  [smiley=dunce2.gif]

Maybe we should all reconsider our participation in an edited forum.  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 05:17:37 PM »

DJW, sir, I apologised to you very directly.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 05:19:57 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 05:53:19 PM »

So very, very interesting! I left work and everything was fine, change out of my work clothes, and the obsessive part of me is back on this crazy site even before I get into my next set of clothes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 06:33:46 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 06:19:07 PM »

For me this is an outlet of an otherwise pretty stressful work life and also an opportunity to meet good people and learn new things. That being said, the only posts I think should be considered for deletion are the personal attacks that occasionally show up. I can definitely go without those. MHO  

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 08:45:15 PM »

I think that a very fair question was asked; Do we want threads to stay on topic?. I'll agree and disagree. I think that some of the threads have gotten very personal and nasty. I think we all, to some extent, have differing opinions of what's funny and more than several times I think there have been overly strong reactions to innocent comments and to maybe poor attempts at humor. I also think that there have been some unneeded shots out of nowhere which serve no purpose other than to stir the chit. I also think that I've seen some of the funniest stuff that I've seen anywhere come up in this forum and it's generally off topic. I've voted to leave it as is but hope that we can all think a little bit before we hit the enter button on a posting. To that end, if I've p.o.ed somebody by what I've said, I apologize.[smiley=oops.gif] If not; GREAT. I too love this site. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »

I have to admit.... I've lost alot of respect for.... and my thoughts have changed significantly regarding this site today.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 09:09:46 PM »

This can go either way.

I think that tacking the trip to York on at the end of the fine job of organizing Maggie Valley was a power play and not in the best interest of anyone.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 09:28:21 PM »

This whole thing has turned out to be pretty hilarious.  Please allow me to explain a couple things regarding this issue............

To begin with, we knew by the email that it was a short notice, we knew that when I posted the question of interest.  We also knew by that email, that it was going to be on their schedule, pretty much, if you wanted to tour the CVO assembly........I didn't pick that.  I had a choice between a two weeks span.

I was doing this purely for you guys........I'm not going to attend and could realy care less if it happens or not......I was just trying to help those of you out, that have the desire to attend within the small window that was provided.

I deleted those posts and I'll tell you why.  Up until this, I think we've only deleted a couple posts.......at other's requests.  I deleted these because I was playing phone tag with two different people from HD about this.  I wanted a clean thread so that if I were able to get them live on the phone I'd be able to go immediatly to the post and have a fairly accurate count.  That's it guys........it was no big deal other than ready informational access.  

Then somebody posted on the same thread, asking are we going to start deleting off topic posts.  I "wondered" are there others that want us to start doing that........so I posted this thread asking just that.  It was a question to find out what you guys want.

I apoligized to DJW directly and now I apoligize to the few others who posted on that thread......I'm sorry it happened.

"Stay tuned for more" means just that.......stay tuned......there will be more off topic, cross posting, comedy, anger, resentment, apologies, misunderstandings and then back to the fun.  So, stay tuned for more and I will not apologize for that comment.  
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 09:33:12 PM »

Well, you're rambling now, Mike.  But if you knew the effort I put into trying to get us into York in 2006 that resulted in failure, you might be singing a different tune about what JC was able to do.  I don't think calling it a power play is a fair assessment and there are a lot of people here not going to the Smokies that could possibly make the York tour and even a few that are going to try to do both.

OK, I'm done.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 09:36:23 PM »

Holy $H!T!  Someone's been deleting (MFG's) posts again!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 09:36:50 PM »

So very, very interesting! I left work and everything was fine, change out of my work clothes, and the obsessive part of me is back on this crazy site even before I get into my next set of clothes.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 09:37:47 PM »

Mike, did you know when you delete your own posts your post count gets deducted?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 09:51:44 PM »

I know

Way off Topic

But I have had a tough day and would really appreciate some mud wrestling.

That is watching not participating!

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 09:54:33 PM »

Geez...this is to much! I initially posted to keep the threads on topic but after reading the others comments about good info arrising out of "drifting" topics you are all right. There has been some great discussions here and I am sure there will be many more.

I really love this site and want to thank all of you for all of the great input.

Now as Kng said "LETS GO RIDE!!!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.