Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Baker 5 quart oil pan  (Read 11431 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Baker 5 quart oil pan
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »

Thanks for reply.

I just nuked it since the d00d meister merged the two threads. I guess I was too slow. ;)

:indian_chief:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 12:29:24 PM »

I just nuked it since the d00d meister merged the two threads. I guess I was too slow. ;)

What was the answer?  This is another expenditure I have been thinking about.

Sean

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »

Sean
There was already a thread existing on this topic I merged them together. You'll have to read posts before the ones today to get the info you want.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »

Sean

I think Baker is trying too hard to come up with a problem to solve in order to move their product. They try to make the stock oil pan seem no more capable than a bucket with two holes. It's not a fair description. They also make it sound like their pan somehow helps out the swingarm, not true.

They claim that hot oil is dumped into the pan tight up front near the outlet hole, implying that hot oil is being pulled right back into the motor. Funny how they decline to mention the baffling in the tank that routes hot oil to the rear of the tank before it flows back to the front, cooling off all the time.

Their contribution to swingarm stability is a boss to bolt Alloy Art's stabilizer to the bottom of the tank instead of using the std bracket to attach to the tank. All they did was add an attachment point. You still need to shell out the 4 or 5 c-notes for the AA stabilizer.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »

thanks!

I think Baker is trying too hard to come up with a problem to solve in order to move their product. They try to make the stock oil pan seem no more capable than a bucket with two holes. It's not a fair description. They also make it sound like their pan somehow helps out the swingarm, not true.

They claim that hot oil is dumped into the pan tight up front near the outlet hole, implying that hot oil is being pulled right back into the motor. Funny how they decline to mention the baffling in the tank that routes hot oil to the rear of the tank before it flows back to the front, cooling off all the time.

Their contribution to swingarm stability is a boss to bolt Alloy Art's stabilizer to the bottom of the tank instead of using the std bracket to attach to the tank. All they did was add an attachment point. You still need to shell out the 4 or 5 c-notes for the AA stabilizer.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.