Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: DoD Sticker on FLHRSEI2 - where??  (Read 8642 times)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
Re: DoD Sticker on FLHRSEI2 - where??
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »

Nope.  That's a fork.  My decals are on my left frame downtube, somewhat hidden by the fairing lower.

When I was in PA I struggled with the same crap-here in WA there is none of that $$ inspection $$ generating programs-s-hh-h-h-h-h-h-h! :coolblue:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 12:24:03 AM »

I need to mount a DoD sticker on the bike to get on base - and not going to do what I have seen some folks do, forks, fenders - all over the bike, would be blasphemous!

Found a few mounts that go on the caliper on line - 30 bucks or so - but was wondering what any of you running DoD sticker do.  Would love some pics!

I am leaning towards the brace going on the front of the frame and just a two inch piece of polished SS or AL...

Sean

Sean,

I am active duty USAF and I know what you mean about the DoD sticker placement, and I put mind on the vented part of the lower on the left side.  Since I ride with the vents open 99% of the time the sticker is not visible, and when I drive onto base a flip the vent closed and it is displayed for the guard to see.  This is a FREE alternative and since it is on plastic it will be easier to get off of the bike when the time comes.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Sean M Cary

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:17:25 AM »

Think I'm gonna go the magnetic route, least intrusive and does not detract from the bike when I am not on base.  I made a lucite 2 x 6 or so for my KLR, and added it to the left fork where the reflector mounted, then I mounted the reflector to the lucite.  Works, but is still just a big ugly sticker...

Quantico does a smaller sticker then Camp Lejeune does - they had date stickers that mounted to my blue "zero" sticker and it had a much smaller foot print then the big honkin auto ones. 

Wish they did the same at Lejeune...

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 07:47:48 PM »

Here's what I ended up with...  More prominent then I would care, but crossing the gate at 0530 every morning the guard should have no issues seeing it...

Find out tomorrow morning.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 11:42:48 PM »

Here's what I ended up with...  More prominent then I would care, but crossing the gate at 0530 every morning the guard should have no issues seeing it...

Find out tomorrow morning.

Sean

I've seen those plates.  Sharp edges.  Clumsy as I am, I'd slice myself open on that thing while trying to clean the motorcycle.  On previous motorcycles, made my own from scrap alloy and mounted between the downtubes and on the slant area in front of the battery box.  Didn't want to have a plate hanging off the machine this time, so like I mentioned in reply #8 this thread, this is what I did.  Works like a charm, and I don't bleed!   :2vrolijk_21:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »

I've seen those plates.  Sharp edges.  Clumsy as I am, I'd slice myself open on that thing while trying to clean the motorcycle.  On previous motorcycles, made my own from scrap alloy and mounted between the downtubes and on the slant area in front of the battery box.  Didn't want to have a plate hanging off the machine this time, so like I mentioned in reply #8 this thread, this is what I did.  Works like a charm, and I don't bleed!   :2vrolijk_21:

It is pretty sharp...and dumba$$ me didn't wait to put the sticker on before I mounted it, and it's all jacked and crooked.  If you mess with them too much, these things tear really easy.

Probably nobody will notice, but I do.

Sean

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 08:05:12 AM »

Sean
With this crowd??????  ::) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »

It is pretty sharp...and dumba$$ me didn't wait to put the sticker on before I mounted it, and it's all jacked and crooked.  If you mess with them too much, these things tear really easy.

Sean

Well, as long as it gets you on post, the purpose is served.
As an aside, does the USMC make you get into MOPP IV to get on post?  The Army makes us wear DOT/Snell headgear, long sleeves, over-the-ankle boots, full finger gloves, bright colored outerwear during the day and reflective outerwear during the night.  Probably a DoD requirement, but it really sucks having to don all that hot chit just to get on post.  I've often thought it is DoD's methodology to make us so miserable that we'll quit riding.   ;D  Like that's gonna happen.  Also, in addition to DD Form 2 series, we have to tote an MSF ERC card, which reasoning escapes me, since we never would have been issued post decals without an MSF ERC card in the first place.

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

Sean

Yessir......they do.  My Ft. Campbell decal is already jacked up as shown in the picture.  Happened during installation of my second oil cooler.  Redstone Arsenal doesn't issue post designation decals, so my Sportster has just a DoD decal and expiry decal.  I stuck those on the frame right below the triple tree.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »

Well, as long as it gets you on post, the purpose is served.
As an aside, does the USMC make you get into MOPP IV to get on post?  The Army makes us wear DOT/Snell headgear, long sleeves, over-the-ankle boots, full finger gloves, bright colored outerwear during the day and reflective outerwear during the night.  Probably a DoD requirement, but it really sucks having to don all that hot chit just to get on post.  I've often thought it is DoD's methodology to make us so miserable that we'll quit riding.   ;D  Like that's gonna happen.  Also, in addition to DD Form 2 series, we have to tote an MSF ERC card, which reasoning escapes me, since we never would have been issued post decals without an MSF ERC card in the first place.

PPE = Long Sleeves, Vest during darkness, Bright Colored Shirt/jacket during daytime, boots over the ankle and long trousers - DOT helmet with ballistic eye protection or the FF shield...  And MSF card with endorsement on your Driv Lic...  I stick a copy in with my Reg/Insurance info.

Also, even OFF base if I get hurt not wearing PPE I am on the hook for medical expenses - 24/7...that is a DoD requirement that I just learned about last week during our Mandatory Safety Stand down/Operational Pause.

We just lost another Marine to a stupid accident Wednesday, brand new (that morning) MC doing a moving burnout, lost control and rode it into a Sherwin Williams paint store, building won. 

Folks continue to do stupid sh!t and the rest of us get the evil eye for being a MC rider.   :wall: :wall:

Sean

guentherb

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE Black
    • CVO2: 02 FLSTFI Black
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »

I cut a 2x3" piece of stailess and bolted it to the the bracket at the top of the downtubes.  Usually had to point to it for the gate guards but it was easily removable for when I wasn't on base and didn't want it on my scooter. 

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »

PPE = Long Sleeves, Vest during darkness, Bright Colored Shirt/jacket during daytime, boots over the ankle and long trousers - DOT helmet with ballistic eye protection or the FF shield...  And MSF card with endorsement on your Driv Lic...  I stick a copy in with my Reg/Insurance info.

Also, even OFF base if I get hurt not wearing PPE I am on the hook for medical expenses - 24/7...that is a DoD requirement that I just learned about last week during our Mandatory Safety Stand down/Operational Pause.
We just lost another Marine to a stupid accident Wednesday, brand new (that morning) MC doing a moving burnout, lost control and rode it into a Sherwin Williams paint store, building won. 

Folks continue to do stupid sh!t and the rest of us get the evil eye for being a MC rider.   :wall: :wall:

Sean

Sean that is actually a myth and urban legend that senior leaders ( like you and i) continue to perputuate. 

a Line of Duty investigation must be conducted in every case,,,,  and the investigator makes the determination to recommend LOD yes or LOD No in every case.

Ultimately, the decision belongs  ( i think) to the SCMCA (Special Court Martial Convening Authority)  no hard and fast rule..but more often than not..LOD yes...  even for DUI deaths.

This myth is perpetuated by the same guys that tell you you cant get a hearing disability any more..since DOD gives you earplugs

my safety guys when cornered will give you the honest answer... 

still yet..  I wear most of that chit all the time....  minus the dorky vest

Sean M Cary

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/605504p.pdf

E3.2.7. Requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are as follows:
E3.2.7.1. The following PPE is mandatory for all persons as listed in
paragraph 2.2. of the Instruction while operating or riding as a passenger on a
motorcycle or ATV.

E3.2.9. Failure to wear the PPE or comply with licensing or operator training
requirements may be considered in making line-of-duty determinations if the injury is
from such nonuse of PPE or noncompliance.

I went and did what I should have done already - found the order that pertains to this.  You are correct unless you are a II MEF Marine which is what I was speaking to...not DoD as I said (I stand corrected!) - I guess what LtGen Stalder the II MEF CG is now saying is that any II MEF Marine WILL be found non-compliant if they are in an accident and don't have PPE on.  This order is vague as to when/where in its reference.  I also have to fear all of the SNCO's and fellow Officers that have the ability to ticket me for stupid operator tricks - date/time and vehicle info and they submit on line and I get a court date for a ticket!

Sean

Sean that is actually a myth and urban legend that senior leaders ( like you and i) continue to perputuate. 

a Line of Duty investigation must be conducted in every case,,,,  and the investigator makes the determination to recommend LOD yes or LOD No in every case.

Ultimately, the decision belongs  ( i think) to the SCMCA (Special Court Martial Convening Authority)  no hard and fast rule..but more often than not..LOD yes...  even for DUI deaths.

This myth is perpetuated by the same guys that tell you you cant get a hearing disability any more..since DOD gives you earplugs

my safety guys when cornered will give you the honest answer... 

still yet..  I wear most of that chit all the time....  minus the dorky vest

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 09:59:20 PM »

I went to a craft store and bought magnetic material (it comes in a sheet) just like what you to stick to your refrigerator and double sided taped the base sticker to it. I then trimmed it so you couldn't see the magnetic material. Then when I needed to go on base, I just stuck it to the left side of my front fender. After I got off base, I pulled over and took it off and stowed it. Worked great and didn't have to put a POS sticker ANYWHERE on my scoot!  :P :2vrolijk_21:

Option #1.  I did that for awhile.  Except one time I forgot to take if off before reaching interstate speeds.  When I got home, no more sticker.

Option #2.  I fabricated a piece of sheet metal a little bigger than the sticker, drilled a hole in one corner, took out one of the bolts mounting the break calipers to the front forks, and threaded it back on through the hole.

Option #3.  I had a chrome heat shield to an old set exhaust that matches the contour of the upper fork.  Drilled a hole in each end and mounted it over the windshild mounting hardware.  I can always un-bolt it and take it off.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 02:14:33 PM »

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/605504p.pdf

E3.2.7. Requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are as follows:
E3.2.7.1. The following PPE is mandatory for all persons as listed in
paragraph 2.2. of the Instruction while operating or riding as a passenger on a
motorcycle or ATV.

E3.2.9. Failure to wear the PPE or comply with licensing or operator training
requirements may be considered in making line-of-duty determinations if the injury is
from such nonuse of PPE or noncompliance.

I went and did what I should have done already - found the order that pertains to this.  You are correct unless you are a II MEF Marine which is what I was speaking to...not DoD as I said (I stand corrected!) - I guess what LtGen Stalder the II MEF CG is now saying is that any II MEF Marine WILL be found non-compliant if they are in an accident and don't have PPE on.  This order is vague as to when/where in its reference.  I also have to fear all of the SNCO's and fellow Officers that have the ability to ticket me for stupid operator tricks - date/time and vehicle info and they submit on line and I get a court date for a ticket!

Sean

No Worries marine..how do you think I figured it out?

and, with all due respect to CG II MEF, senior leaders will get themselves in legal cracks in a HUGE hurry by making blanking ALWAYS AND WILL blanket statements when it comes to legal chite.  I am well aware of how powerful they are ( and how powerful they think they are)

In every case..they are trying to to do what is right, get our your Soldiers Sailors Airmen and Marines to do the right thing and quit killing and injuring themselves in droves...    only problem I have with it is inaccurate and inappropriate threats

I personally confront Soldiers doing dumb chit on a regular basis....  and educate em....  as I am not a Commander currently, I don't have the power of NJP or UCMJ, but haven;t felt the need to use it either...  a gentle nudge in the right direction works in most cases .... no need to be so heavy handed on stuff like this.

just my opinion

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:22:44 PM by cuthbertss »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.