Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: DoD Sticker on FLHRSEI2 - where??  (Read 8645 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: DoD Sticker on FLHRSEI2 - where??
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

Perhaps if I pull out, and can still fit into, my bellbottoms from the 70s, I might.   
If you do.....don't forget  :worthless:   har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

If you do.....don't forget  :worthless:   har!  :drink: spyder

Mental image implantation:  ON

Napoleon Dynamite

Mental image implantation:  OFF
 :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »

Henry

No stickers on the fender!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »

Henry

No stickers on the fender!

SBB

Nope, No way, No how, Not happenin', Not!  Once the purple bike comes home, I gotta get those oil slick eagle heads off the tank and bags.  That'll take at least an afternoon.
Not really fond of those DoD decals, but if I want to ride the of the bikes to work and need to get to a job site on Post, they're a necessary evil.......along with the over-the-top PPE required by DoD on Federal Installations.  Also makes it easier when traveling to other Federal Installations.  I'm not too pleased with the current location of Thump's DoD decals, but it will work.  Everywhere else I looked to put the decal plate just really jacked up the lines of the bike.  At least it isn't too visible where it is now.  Definitely not going on a brake caliper as the plate is designed.  I'd slice myself open repeatedly from the sharp edges every time I cleaned the bike.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »

Nope, No way, No how, Not happenin', Not!  Once the purple bike comes home, I gotta get those oil slick eagle heads off the tank and bags.  That'll take at least an afternoon.
Not really fond of those DoD decals, but if I want to ride the of the bikes to work and need to get to a job site on Post, they're a necessary evil.......along with the over-the-top PPE required by DoD on Federal Installations.  Also makes it easier when traveling to other Federal Installations.  I'm not too pleased with the current location of Thump's DoD decals, but it will work.  Everywhere else I looked to put the decal plate just really jacked up the lines of the bike.  At least it isn't too visible where it is now.  Definitely not going on a brake caliper as the plate is designed.  I'd slice myself open repeatedly from the sharp edges every time I cleaned the bike.

I like the one I ended up with - made one for my KLR out of 1/4 Lucite, used the reflector mount and put in the same place...left brake mount.

I'd be afraid of catching an ankle or calf where you have yours...but that is just the impression from the picture.  Might be tucked up better then I am imagining.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2009, 09:37:22 PM »

I like the one I ended up with - made one for my KLR out of 1/4 Lucite, used the reflector mount and put in the same place...left brake mount.

I'd be afraid of catching an ankle or calf where you have yours...but that is just the impression from the picture.  Might be tucked up better then I am imagining.

Sean

Hopefully we'll get to meet this summer, Sean, and you can see it.  It is back in there pretty far.  I'm more concerned about catching that low corner on something and jamming the plate into the side cover.  Highly unlikely, but possible nonetheless.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.