Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Great New Product  (Read 8844 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Reda Gas Can
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »

They say odor free, but I've never met such a gas can. I guaranty whatever you put in the same bag is going to stink. Perhaps only with tools, etc?
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »

I bought mine in Sturgis last Summer and had to use it going to at AZ Bike Week. I was a little worried about leekage so I put it in a large zip lock, but no leaks and no fumes. I always take it on long trips now. It fits perfect in the back of the bag and takes up very little room. I'll have it in Tahoe if anyone wants to try and make it leak or give it the smell test.  Doc

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »

Thanks for the positive review! I've heard only positive things about them from people that have them.....and negative from those that don't. I'm getting one in a few days on the way to work....It's a long lonely hi-way at the top end of the trip to work in Mackenzie and have found that some of the fuel stops are closed @ 6pm....or not open before 9am.
I bought mine in Sturgis last Summer and had to use it going to at AZ Bike Week. I was a little worried about leekage so I put it in a large zip lock, but no leaks and no fumes. I always take it on long trips now. It fits perfect in the back of the bag and takes up very little room. I'll have it in Tahoe if anyone wants to try and make it leak or give it the smell test.  Doc
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »

Cheap peace of mind for $29.99.  I've got one coming.  May never need it, but then again, I did run the '04 out on the way home from work one day.  For some reason, the low fuel light had first come on only about 2 miles earlier and the gauge still showed above "E."  Never have had that scenario happen again, thank goodness, but if it does, I'll be good to go.  I also ride with guys who are on different makes and models of bikes with differing ranges.  Figure they might have need for an extra splash at some point, too.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 03:17:54 PM »

I rely more on the odometer for gas stops, but sometimes the wind and hills will make a big difference especially when pulling the Bushtec. Its nice to have that little security. I do change the gas out every month or so to keep it fresh. Just don't loose the directions, it's a little complicated to use at first.  Doc
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:16:47 PM by grandpadoc »

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Great New Product
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »

I bought one at Edmonton HD in the spring for $39 + GST. Fits in the bag with lots of room to spare. I carry my rain suit, heated vest and tire kit in the same bag with no fume issues and I could still squeeze in more if need be.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.