Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Jimi Henrix: Live at Woodstock '69, Complete conce  (Read 3906 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Jimi Henrix: Live at Woodstock '69, Complete c
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 08:56:40 PM »

Jock, FALSTAFF? LOL That's right there with Schlitz and have you ever tried Hamms beer? My Buddy's dad use to be a Falstaff man, " Give that man a Falstaff beer" (Harry Cary). ;D Being Cub fans I remember my dad having some Hamms in the fridge. [smiley=nervous.gif] Always had Hamms commercials during cub games. I believe the jingle went...From the land of sky blue waters.... dang, can't remember the rest. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »

Thanx Jimp.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »

Jock, FALSTAFF? LOL That's right there with Schlitz and [highlight]have you ever tried Hamms beer?[/highlight] My Buddy's dad use to be a Falstaff man, " Give that man a Falstaff beer" (Harry Cary). ;D Being Cub fans I remember my dad having some Hamms in the fridge. [smiley=nervous.gif] Always had Hamms commercials during cub games. I believe the jingle went...From the land of sky blue waters.... dang, can't remember the rest.
JR

Yes I have years ago....The Hendrix Days are bringing back more memories that THANK GOD are way behind me...

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 08:52:25 AM »

What a HOOT!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:54:58 AM by UltraPolecat »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 09:32:02 AM »

What a HOOT!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 10:22:05 AM »

Its a shame,

I can remember a jingle from 1971 but I can't remember where I put my keys! [smiley=nervous.gif]

And it only gets worse. . .

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »

Jamie, would that by chance be a [highlight]Schlitz beer [/highlight]can your dad is holding? Man, I haven't seen them since I moved to Memphis! I remember the famous slogan "The beer that made Milwaukee famous"! And that's not a good thing to be famous for! ;D ;D ;D
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 10:50:30 PM »

My father gave me "The rest of the story" about how Schlitz got it's name. He claimed it was my uncle and him who named the beer. He told me that my uncle and he were at a neighborhood tavern and were enjoying a few frosties when they were approached by a stranger that walked in and asked them if they would mind trying a new beer they were putting out on the market as soon as they find the perfect name for it. Dad told him to get lost, they weren't interested in his beer. The little man was persistent and added he would give them a couple bucks a piece. Dad said that could buy alot of beers back then, so they took the money in advance and proceeded to taste this new beer. Now my Uncle reminds me of Norm in Cheers. He pounded down several beers and my dad was trying to keep up. He said all at once they both looked at each other and simultaneously cried out " This beer task like Schlitz"! Now understand, they been there all afternoon. The little man's eyes lite up and he became very excited and dropped $5 dollars on the bar and ran out. A few weeks go by and they were in that same neighborhood tavern and saw on TV this new beer commercial introducing.....You got it... Schlitz beer. And now you know "The rest of the story"!!!! :o

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:56:03 PM by J.Rud »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »

My father gave me "The rest of the story" about how Schlitz got it's name. He claimed it was my uncle and him who named the beer. He told me that my uncle and he were at a neighborhood tavern and were enjoying a few frosties when they were approached by a stranger that walked in and asked them if they would mind trying a new beer they were putting out on the market as soon as they find the perfect name for it. Dad told him to get lost, they weren't interested in his beer. The little man was persistent and added he would give them a couple bucks a piece. Dad said that could buy alot of beers back then, so they took the money in advance and proceeded to taste this new beer. Now my Uncle reminds me of Norm in Cheers. He pounded down several beers and my dad was trying to keep up. He said all at once they both looked at each other and simultaneously cried out " This beer task like Schlitz"! Now understand, they been there all afternoon. The little man's eyes lite up and he became very excited and dropped $5 dollars on the bar and ran out. A few weeks go by and they were in that same neighborhood tavern and saw on TV this new beer commercial introducing.....You got it... Schlitz beer. And now you know "The rest of the story"!!!! :o

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2006, 11:07:24 AM »

......He said all at once they both looked at each other and simultaneously cried out " This beer task like Schlitz"! Now understand, they been there all afternoon. The little man's eyes lite up and he became very excited and dropped $5 dollars on the bar and ran out.........

JR [smiley=banana.gif]
Somehow I believe something was lost in the translation/interpretation of what your Dad and Uncle said. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 11:31:18 AM »

Somehow I believe something was lost in the translation/interpretation of what your Dad and Uncle said. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

I believe that was do to the amount of beer they drank that afternoon. ;D [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »

Don't raffle her in MV...keep her for d00d like a reward ....after washing the bikes [smiley=banana.gif]

PS...Gary I am joking mi amigo....

JORGE THATS A EXCELLANT IDEA BUT, DOOD DONT DESERVE THAT, NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE POLISHES HIS BIKE
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »

"The Brown Acid is bad, man...if you've done any of the Brown Acid, please report to the First Aide Tent immediately....."

I personally would only do things in colors of Purple, Orange, Yellow, or with a drawing of Mr. Natural.....

;) [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

WOW TC  THAT IS SO COOL.   WHICH FREAK IS YOU [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2006, 06:43:27 PM »

Woodstock.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2006, 06:48:17 AM »

I SEE YOUR DAD LIKE SCHILTZ [smiley=drink.gif] MINE DRANK PBR [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Now that takes me back. I guess with a young pallate, PBR Fit well, that and those long neck Miller's. Ah yes, the High Life!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

d00d mentioned the Black Label... that is still sold in Canada, at least in Western CA and before the micro brew revolution that was what I drank. Then again, maybe I'm Gettinold, that was before I joined the Army, and I ain't 24 no more! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.